Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jamarco Jones to O$U

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Jamarco Jones to O$U Empty
PostSubject: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

Ok this leaves us in a spot. No way do we pass on a third OL in this class. Passing on an RB I can see but three was and I believe still is the number at OL. So where does this leave us?

Remaining OL targets: None that we sit good with.

So do we make a late push for guys like Roderick Johnson (Florida State lock IMO) or Braden Smith. Do we jump into the ring with Damien Prince and completely waste our time?

Unfortunately I think our OL search ends with a dud.

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 7:27 am

And the Scout.com O$U commit blow fest continues. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to put them at the number one spot with their next three star commit.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm not a fan of going after someone subpar our talent expectations just to have numbers/depth at a position. Use that scholly for a playmaker, no matter his position.

With the amount of OL kids we've taken the last two years, we could probably afford to be short one OL in this class.

Just my 2 cents.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:31 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Never ever short offensive line- its the most important position group on a team. Run blocking gives you a chance to control a game and time of possession which helps your defense. Pass blocking can help QBs who are competent passers do enough to get the job done.

Outstanding OL's = winning. It's been a successful formula since at least 1968. The years we've struggled the O-line has been sub par.

Just my opinion- I do understand what you guys are saying.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 pm

So shoes, would rather take a low rated 2 star O-linemen then maybe a 3 or 4 star WR or DB just to fill the coffers with more offensive linemen?

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

EJinGA wrote:
And the Scout.com O$U commit blow fest continues. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to put them at the number one spot with their next three star commit.

In all fairness their haul in the last 10 days has been impressive. Holmes was just what they needed.

Admin wrote:
I'm not a fan of going after someone subpar our talent expectations just to have numbers/depth at a position. Use that scholly for a playmaker, no matter his position.

With the amount of OL kids we've taken the last two years, we could probably afford to be short one OL in this class.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel that there are still OL guys on the board, while possibly being considered sub-par now, that given some time in the program under the coaches will be great options in a few years. You hit the nail on the head, our depth of quantity and quality over the last two classes allows us to get a guy that can me more than just a body. To pull from sparty, "we can coach them up."

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
So shoes, would rather take a low rated 2 star O-linemen then maybe a 3 or 4 star WR or DB just to fill the coffers with more offensive linemen?  

fish-No not per se- BUT I do trust the coaches and if they think the O-linemen fits their needs then I would never discourage that. Depth at the position is important.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm with you on that shoes. I was just looking for clarification from your previous post. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

In all fairness their haul in the last 10 days has been impressive. Holmes was just what they needed.

Admin wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I feel that there are still OL guys on the board, while possibly being considered sub-par now,  that given some time in the program under the coaches will be great options in a few years. You hit the nail on the head, our depth of quantity and quality over the last two classes allows us to get a guy that can me more than just a body. To pull from sparty, "we can coach them up."

Impressive? Sure. And the recent haul after the fact that he was the one that recruited AH was brought to light is even more impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jamarco Jones to O$U   Jamarco Jones to O$U Empty

Back to top Go down

Jamarco Jones to O$U
Page 1 of 1