Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oline

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Oline Empty
PostSubject: Oline   Oline EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:33 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/07/season_preview_michigan_offens.html

I firmly believe that we will go as far as this OL takes us, with the 3 in the middle being critical. As any football coach, at any level, will tell you, OL is the hardest position to learn, regardless of the talent level. I have no doubt that the young men we will see are about as talented as any set (starters and back-ups) of linemen in the country, but talent doesn't necessarily translate to how they perform under the spotlight. Oh, and thank God that they have Lewan and Schofield mentoring them!! Smile

My opinion - the first half of our schedule, including ND, will give the young OL time to get a feel for what college football is all about so, depending on injuries, I can see a 9 to 12 win regular season. Now, if DG goes down...another topic of discussion for a later time! Smile

Thoughts???

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Oline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oline   Oline EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Two legit studs at tackle. Great potential at guard. A serviceable center. I have high hopes.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Oline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oline   Oline EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:25 pm

well I think the million dollar question from the article was how quickly will the interior get a feel for the game and the entire O line "gel".

I think that they should be on the same page at least by the conference opener against Minnesota. Of course the only game I'm worried about until then is the ND game but Central, UCONN and Akron are good games to help them figure it out, IMO.

Everything we do this year starts with the OLine. Gardner is a protypical pocket passer that can scramble and run so that works well. I can't wait to see Green also given his power-run game. If the OLine gets on the same page quick this team will be really fun to watch. is

The other thing lost in this article, or maybe it was just left out, is that gone are the days of RR's no tight end sets. I'm not sure how well Funchess has worked on his blocking but I've heard nothing but great things about Williams' blocking abilities. Also Butt came in touted as a decent blocker I believe so we've got that going for us as well. So basically my point is that I see us having more than just five guys on the line a lot this year. Hell, even a TE coming off a block to catch a five yard dump pass is better than not having that extra body at all.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Oline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oline   Oline EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I found this right after I posted that last comment....

Sophomore Devin Funchess is a great receiver who’s learning to block, sophomore A.J. Williams is a great blocker who’s learning to catch and early enrollee Jake Butt can do both but lacks experience.

The solution? Run plenty of two- and three-tight end sets. Regardless, Borges will have a solid rotation to work with, possibly using one of his tight ends as an h-back.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1603169-michigan-football-post-spring-game-two-deep-depth-chart/page/8

Oline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oline   Oline Empty

Back to top Go down

Oline
Page 1 of 1