Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. Empty
PostSubject: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:19 am

But if he has a great year and goes pro, that is good for UM, becuase usually if your QB has a great year, your team has a great year. But I was wrong on Lewan, right 2nd. LOL.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130715/SPORTS06/307150107/michigan-wolverines-devin-gardner-ryan-tannehill
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:36 am

Nah, Gardner will stay his senior year. Then again, he could flop and Morris could be the starter next year.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 pm

My initial thoughts were that Devin was going to go into the season and remain throughout the season largely overlooked because the writers will want to focus on Miller and Martinez. I was and still am fine with that because both of those guys will be gone after this year (Martinez to graduate, Miller to most likely enter early) and that will give Devin next year to be the spotlight guy.

I really did not expect Devin to get the praise and attention that he's gotten this offseason. If the praise continues and Devin has a solid year then he may very well be gone after next year regardless of his redshirt.

Devin completed 75 of 126 for 1219 yds and had 11 TDs to 5 Ints with a QB rating of 161 in only 5 games last year. Not too shabby "coming off the bench"

There are probably only three other QBs in all of college football that I'd rather have right now then Devin. I think that says a lot.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't see Miller as an early entry to the NFL. He doesn't have an NFL arm. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
But if he has a great year and goes pro, that is good for UM, becuase usually if your QB has a great year, your team has a great year.  But I was wrong on Lewan, right 2nd.  LOL.  

http://www.freep.com/article/20130715/SPORTS06/307150107/michigan-wolverines-devin-gardner-ryan-tannehill

I'll sit this one out because I do not know. My guess is that if Michigan wins the NC or even the B1G he will be go to the NFL. I've never seen Devin as much of a team guy. When I saw him play in High School (yea I know High School) he was always separate from his teammates. There was usually his coach around him but that is it. I know that he was preparing for life playing D-1 football at Michigan but I noticed a big disconnect from him and the rest of the team. That seems to have changed now that he is at Michigan though so it is what it is. OL is different from QB, my "guess" is that unless Michigan finishes worse than 2nd in the conference this year he's gone. That's a lot of money to leave on the table when you play a high-profile position like QB.

From what I know of Devin, which isn't much, he has a chip on his shoulder. He wants to accomplish goals, those goals may have become more team oriented now that he is at Michigan but if Michigan doesn't win the B1G this year I don't see him going. If/when they do there is a distinct possibility he does, but like I said before, I DON'T KNOW.

A lot may also depend on how Shane and Wilton progress in practice, but I DON'T KNOW.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.   My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year. Empty

Back to top Go down

My gut tells me he won't be around for his RS Senior year.
Page 1 of 1