Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan Empty
PostSubject: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 am

Title says it all... Mad  I think this is complete bullshit.  I know this will probably turn out like the Zimmerman thread but I figured I'd share the news...

Yes the link is from FoxNews, its the only one I could get to load properly at the time....  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/18/university-michigan-oks-in-state-tuition-for-students-living-in-us-without/
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Re: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:33 pm

I do doubt that. Not just because it's from "faux news" (you claimed to have other sources as well) but when I went to Michigan there was a guy who was born and raised in California. He moved to Michigan 7 years before he even applied to graduate school here. He was working for the state for 6 years while living in the state. Had a child in the state who was attending Pre-K somewhere around Ann Arbor. All of that and HE STILL HAD TO PAY OUT OF STATE TUITION because he was born in California.

On the other hand Michigan, being the progressive school that they are might want to assist someone from another culture increase their net-worth. Not to mention that it would make campus more diverse, but like I said, I doubt it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Terrible.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:34 pm

2nd there are a TON of other links from places you may like, like the huffington post that says basically the same thing. With as many problems that the state of Michigan has, you'd think UM would try helping the people who are here legally first.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

IMO this is much to do about nothing. First, UM wants to keep their campus diverse. That helps everyone, not just the stigmatized. All of the people who are accepted meet requirements to be admitted, everyone misses that point. No one is admitted because they are black, Chinese, an illegal alien, etc. People become admitted to The University of Michigan if they meet requirements AND offer something unique to the university. That brings me to my second point, UM will not become a haven for illegal immigrants not simply because everyone who applies must meet criteria to get in. It's that simple, I honestly think this "policy" (which I don't necessarily agree with) is in name only. What this new policy may actually be doing is trying to prevent brilliant people from going to other schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern, etc.

I'm also standing by my statement that I doubt if it is true, and that has nothing to do with the source. I gave you a story from someone whom I went to school at Michigan with. It's possible "faux news" ran the story than multiple other media outlets picked it up. I doubt that we'll ever find out as this isn't a huge story.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan   University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

University of Michigan offers in-state tuition for illegal immigrants living in Michigan
Page 1 of 1