Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I feel dirty.

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:08 pm

I was listening to 97.1 The Ticket this afternoon and it was during Valenti & Foster. Yea I know that Valenti is a sparty tool but I was listening anyway. Anyway, Valenti was actually in rare form this afternoon and I was laughing my ass off. They were talking about Michael Jordan getting a reverse-vasectomy. I was actually changing my opinion of Valenti but then he started talking about Michigan Football again and I remembered why I hate the guy.

I can't find the podcast for it but if someone else decides to look for it and finds it go ahead. Do they even podcast every part of the show? I found like 4 other parts of the show but not the Jordan reverse-vasectomy part...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:14 pm

I think I read one time a few years back that the average Howard Stern fan listened to his show for approx 47 minutes a day while the average hater listened for almost 2.5 hours. It was weird at first to comprehend but in the end it makes sense. Don't lie 2nd... you've got Velenti on station memory and the phone line to his show on speed dial Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:01 am

I listen to 97.1 for Tigers games, Red Wing games, and their over-night guys (Jeff Reeger & Eric Thomas). Occasionally I hear Valenti & Foster because there is nothing else on the radio at that time...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:19 am

I've never heard a local sports guy that is any good. They all try to hard to have a schtick.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:32 am

Years ago when I was living in Los Angeles, Gabe Kaplan (yes the guy from Welcome Back Kotter) had a local sports talk show and it was really pretty good. I even won a pair of shoes from calling in the answer to a trivia question.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 am

PS- what was weird about it was it was years after Kotter and he was really dialing back status-wise to do local radio. He loved talking about sports though.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:52 am

wshoes wrote:
Years ago when I was living in Los Angeles, Gabe Kaplan (yes the guy from Welcome Back Kotter) had a local sports talk show and it was really pretty good. I even won a pair of shoes from calling in the answer to a trivia question.

'shoes

just curious, is that where 'shoes comes from?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 am

I always assumed he is a fan of Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EVm7fi0iQ
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 am

wshoes wrote:
PS- what was weird about it was it was years after Kotter and he was really dialing back status-wise to do local radio. He loved talking about sports though.

'shoes

Wonder if there is any relation to Dave Kaplan, a local TV guy here in Chicago for Comcast Sports Net. He also has a radio show on WGN.

I like him.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
wshoes

wshoes

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Fish is correct.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 pm

wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Fish is correct.

'shoes

He's a little before eggo's time. When I played HS football, I wanted white shoes because of him. Most of our team wore them. My dad thought it was ridiculous that we would want low top white shoes.

By my senior year, the trend was back to black shoes.

I remember Lou Whitaker wearing white shoes in an all star game. The announcers made a mention of it, that's how rare it was.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 1:24 pm

The turn this conversation has taken reminded me of this scene from Friday Night Lights:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-87WTJ4Jmh44u/friday_night_lights_2004_the_wrong_shoes/

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I've never heard a local sports guy that is any good.  They all try to hard to have a schtick.  

Yea, Valenti's schtick is that he hates Michigan, he's even admitted as much. I just thought that he was hilarious talking about Jordan reversing his vasectomy. I still think that guy is a sparty bag (aka- a bag of cow manure).
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:23 pm

I have a routine when it comes to Valenti. I will listen to him (if I'm in the car at the right time) and he is talking about anything OTHER than Michigan or MSU. This goes for any sport.

It makes me feel dirty too but he can be funny when he wants to. I've found myself agreeing with him on many topics such as the never ending clown show that is the Detroit City Council. The corruption of Kwame Kilpatrick. The ineptitude of Jim Dalaney. The a*shole factor of Buckeye fans and their corrupt football program. I nod in agreement with pretty much everything he says about the Lions, Red Wings, Tigers and Pistons. He even covered a great topic of athletes going down the wrong track and why they continue to do it once they have hit it big, right after Aaron Hernandez was arrested. All of that is fine. No problem.

When it comes to Michigan and MSU, I simply change the channel. He's been on the air long enough for me to know his style. How he slams ANYTHING maize and blue related, how he refuses to take calls from smart Michigan fans and his new hobby of taking Brady Hoke sound bites and merging them together to make it sound like he's not smart enough to walk and chew gum at the same time. Seriously, screw you.

That's my Valenti routine. He still can't hold a candle to Bob "Wojo" Wojonowski.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I agree 100%, that's kinda my game-plan too. Although during the summer months I try not to listen to any sports talk (although with the crappy music that's out now-a-days that seems to be impossible) because I can't stand Leyland bashers who were cut from their High School baseball team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I feel dirty. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I feel dirty.   I feel dirty. Empty

Back to top Go down

I feel dirty.
Page 1 of 1