Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I said it last year and I will stick by it.

Go down 
+3
michmike
joe
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I said it last year and I will stick by it. Empty
PostSubject: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:23 am

The only reason Mealer, Barnum and Omameh were not replaced in the lineup is because the coaching staff wasn't ready to burn the RS. I think if UM would have beaten Bama, I know big would have, and then gotten on a roll with a chance to challenge for the B1G or NC, Kalis would have been in the game, because he is just more talented than the other three named.

This year's line will dominate opponents by mid-season, barring injuries.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/07/michigan_considered_burning_ol_1.html
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 am

It says a lot when true freshmen are better than 5th year seniors.

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

joe wrote:
It says a lot when true freshmen are better than 5th year seniors.

Indeed it does...particularly in the strength positions, a la the O-Line (where there's also
lots of strategy to be learned and even more so, chemistry to be developed...)

But---it does happen.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:13 am

In order to build back a depth chart that develops players to be ready, you have to sit them a year (not everyone obviously, but everyone you can afford to). Give Hoke credit for biting the bullet and holding these players out. When you look at the season as a whole, it still wasn't too shaby either and look at what is in the pipeline now. A very bold move in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:31 am

blu4vr wrote:
In order to build back a depth chart that develops players to be ready, you have to sit them a year (not everyone obviously, but everyone you can afford to).  Give Hoke credit for biting the bullet and holding these players out.  When you look at the season as a whole, it still wasn't too shaby either and look at what is in the pipeline now.  A very bold move in my opinion.

This forum needs a like button, because I like what you just typed.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
blu4vr wrote:
In order to build back a depth chart that develops players to be ready, you have to sit them a year (not everyone obviously, but everyone you can afford to).  Give Hoke credit for biting the bullet and holding these players out.  When you look at the season as a whole, it still wasn't too shaby either and look at what is in the pipeline now.  A very bold move in my opinion.

This forum needs a like button, because I like what you just typed.

Yes, yes it does indeed.

I settle for quoting and using a emoticon lol.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:44 pm

I give a "+1"  reply everyone once in a while to posts that I really like but I don't keep track of who I give to or how much people have.

the like button or an upvote button would be nice but then you'd need a dislike or downvote button also. And there should be a daily use-it-or-lose-it-quota so you don't just downvote everything one person has to say all of the time or save a months worth of votes to drop on someone. For some reason I can see that happening on here ha ha.

either way, on other forums I've seen upvotes and downvotes cause so much tention. every downvote always invokes the knee-jerk reply of "what, a guy can't have his own opinion?"

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:52 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I give a "+1"  reply everyone once in a while to posts that I really like but I don't keep track of who I give to or how much people have.

the like button or an upvote button would be nice but then you'd need a dislike or downvote button also. And there should be a daily use-it-or-lose-it-quota so you don't just downvote everything one person has to say all of the time or save a months worth of votes to drop on someone. For some reason I can see that happening on here ha ha.

either way, on other forums I've seen upvotes and downvotes cause so much tention. every downvote always invokes the knee-jerk reply of "what, a guy can't have his own opinion?"

Honestly, I really don't care for the buttons, but it is easier to click a button then to quote an +1 it. I guess I've been spoiled and gotten lazy. LOL
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:25 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

The down-vote king would be me. Thanks for looking out 'eggo.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I said it last year and I will stick by it.   I said it last year and I will stick by it. Empty

Back to top Go down

I said it last year and I will stick by it.
Page 1 of 1