Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How long will Dave Brandon stick around?

Go down 
5 posters

How many more years will DB be here?
a) 1-3
How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_lcap8%How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
b) 4-6
How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_lcap23%How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
c) 7-9
How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_lcap15%How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
d) 10+
How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_lcap54%How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Vote_rcap
 54% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Empty
PostSubject: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 am

He's proved to be an excellent hire, thus far. He's bringing Michigan to new heights, but still has the tradition of all things Michigan in his core.

How long do you THINK he'll be around (NOT how long do you want him around)?
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:55 am

He gave up a multi-million dollar position to do this, I don't think he's going anywhere for a while!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am

Wolverdog wrote:
He gave up a multi-million dollar position to do this, I don't think he's going anywhere for a while!

Curious what his salary is at UM?

Shouldn't be too difficult to find as a state employee.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:59 am

Looks like this would be the site...but I can't get him pulled up.

http://db.lsj.com/community/dc/som/index.php
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 am

Screw it, here it is:

The 57-year-old, a former Michigan football player and university regent, has agreed to a 5-year contract with a base salary of $525,000. He also has deferred compensation of $100,000 per year and can earn additional pay based on meeting financial, fundraising and other performance-based incentives. Martin's base salary is $380,000.

For Brandon, the base salary is an 82 percent pay cut. He received a total compensation of $3.228 million at Dominoes in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 am

Um, first it says base of 525, then 380.

Wtf?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 am

READ, will'ya? Jesus, you Java programmers!!! (Hehe...)

It says MARTIN's salary is/was 380K...obviously comparing his to that of his incompetent predecessor...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 am

(more explicitly, "comparing BRANDON'S salary to that of...")
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 pm

michmike wrote:

It says MARTIN's salary is/was 380K...obviously comparing his to that of his incompetent predecessor...

Haha you reminded me of my father. He would always say 'Open those doors and read!'.

(open those doors, meaning opening the door to opportunity)

Going to visit my old man this weekend.

Anyway, my bad. Thanks for pointing that mike, because I was confused lol.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Let's see what he accomplishes with the stadium and the rest of the athletic facilities over the next few years.

With all of the athletic facillity renovations going on and with the direction of a lot of the UM programs (going really well) I think that if all of the renovations are complete and if the Big House is seating 120,000+ and our BB team makes a Final Four push or two and our Hockey team wins a Frozen Four and our Swimming teams continue to dominate, and our Baseball and Softball gets to some World Series, etc., etc I think he will leave.

No matter if that is 5, 10 or 15 years down the road. Everyone wants to leave on top. It will be his legacy.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Admin wrote:
michmike wrote:

Haha you reminded me of my father. He would always say 'Open those doors and read!'.

(open those doors, meaning opening the door to opportunity)

Going to visit my old man this weekend.

Anyway, my bad. Thanks for pointing that mike, because I was confused lol.

And the shittiest aspect of it all is, the father you condescendingly refer to (OK, we ALL have)
as your "OLD MAN" is quite possibly MY JUNIOR!!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I voted 10+ years simply because he is a Michigan Man. He went to school here, he played here, he left a very lucitive position at Domino's to come here because HE WANTED to. This job is personal to him, he's got plenty of money. It isn't about money to him, he loves Michigan and will do anything it takes to make Michigan successful.

I took eggo's comment into consideration. While it is a very good point and normally very true (people like to go out on top), that's not Brandon IMHO. Like I previously stated, he's here because he wants to be here. This isn't a job to him, nor a game. He takes this personal and he loves his job, I don't see him leaving unless he God forbid, has health problems, gets fired, or anopther serious event occurs.

Brandon gets to be "back in college" with none of the BS and a ton of power. He has the life, I'm honestly jealous of the guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long will Dave Brandon stick around?   How long will Dave Brandon stick around? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long will Dave Brandon stick around?
Page 1 of 1