Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burzynski sighting

Go down 
+5
booboo
wshoes
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 6:48 pm

For anyone that cares, a friend of mine just sat next to Joey Burzynski on a plane from San Diego to Detroit. No doubt flying back for practice and school.

That's a good forum question. Who's the coolest person you've ever seen on a plane?

I sat a few rows behind Stone Cold Steve Austin once. He was loud. His voice projects and I don't think he wasn't even trying. I also had a flight with the Michigan women's crew team once. I got to talk to a few while waiting at the gate because they noticed my Michigan shirt. That's about it for me.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:44 pm

My buddies got pictures with Grant Hill at the airport. They were like "dude... you're Grant Hill.'

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Sat next to Pink on a flight from Kansas City to Charlotte a few years ago.  Didn't realize it was her until a couple little girls in front of us kept turning around and pointing and wispering.  Funny thing was, it was in coach.  We were sitting in the back.  She had a dark wig on and big sunglasses.  We were chatting, small talk.  I really didn't recognize her, but then the girls as mentioned above.  So I said, "you look familiar".  Now, I was in my early 40's at the time and she leaned in and said quietly, "you probably don't like my music, I'm Pink".  I said, yeah, I actually know a lot of your stuff, I have a teenage daughter.  Then we just went back to small talk.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 pm

I've got four of them:

I sat one row behind Muhammad Ali.

Across the aisle from Jim Brown.

Across the aisle from AJ Foyt, and

3 rows behind Mike Love (of the Beach Boys).

I used to fly a lot in the 1980's (and got a bunch of first class upgrades).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Was Pink cool? She comes off pretty ....beachy....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:42 am

wshoes wrote:
...I sat one row behind Muhammad Ali...

true story... so a lot of people know that Muhammad Ali owns a home in Berrien Springs (no secret). Well a kid I went to high school with, his mom was the vice president of SMC (southwestern michigan college). Muhammad did a lot of work with the college back in the day. Anyways, the Ali family was good friends with my buddy's family (the Scheffers). I got to have dinner one night at Muhammad's house with them. Very cool. I met Laila before she was even considering boxing (she's my age, actually younger). My buddy Garret even has a pair of signed, ring worn gloves from Muhammad. Not sure which fight though. Doesn't matter, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. Muhammad was at the time a class act. Very cool guy. Kind of a jokester. I will remember that night for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:11 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Was Pink cool? She comes off pretty ....beachy....

Yeah, we did the typical strangers on a plane small talk. Muscular arms, intimidating in a good way. LOL
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn & the Detroit Shock. I was at the San Francisco airport on my home to Detroit, july 2006. I was in waiting area around 7am still half asleep, flight was around 7:45am or so. Didn't recognize a player who was sitting across from me in waiting area, but did a double take when I saw Laimbeer walking around.

The Pistons of course had their own plane. The Shock flying a commercial flight, sitting in coach. One difference between the NBA & WNBA. Lambeer & Mahorn where being the class clowns, joking around with the team, people on the plane, keeping everybody loose. Of course imagine those 2 guys trying to sit in the small seats, felt sorry for the 3rd guy who had the window seat. Talked to them for a few minutes, small talk, cool guys.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Years ago we ran into Chris Zorich, Rocket Ismail and Michael Stonebreaker of ND and a guy from Miami of Ohio. We were on our way home from Florida and so were they. They were coming from the Bob Hope All Star TV show. Got pictures of my son with Zorich and Rocket.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:
...I sat one row behind Muhammad Ali...

true story...  so a lot of people know that Muhammad Ali owns a home in Berrien Springs (no secret). Well a kid I went to high school with, his mom was the vice president of SMC (southwestern michigan college). Muhammad did a lot of work with the college back in the day. Anyways, the Ali family was good friends with my buddy's family (the Scheffers). I got to have dinner one night at Muhammad's house with them. Very cool. I met Laila before she was even considering boxing (she's my age, actually younger). My buddy Garret even has a pair of signed, ring worn gloves from Muhammad. Not sure which fight though. Doesn't matter, it was one of the greatest nights of my life. Muhammad was at the time a class act. Very cool guy. Kind of a jokester. I will remember that night for the rest of my life.

Very cool sandy-

I ran into Ali twice within about 5 months. That first time where I was sitting behind him and trying unsuccessfully to catch his conversation with his companion. I did shake his hand when we landed and said "Thanks for the memories" He was very gracious. But I kicked myself for not getting his autograph. 5 months later I see him (at LAX) in the bell cap check outside. He's joking around with the workers tapping them from behind on the shoulder then pretending to ignore them when they turn around.

Getting this second chance, I ask for his autograph but can't produce either pen or paper. He comes up with both then asks me my name so he can personalize it.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
romeo49

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Jane Fonda and Wayne Rogers!   Burzynski sighting EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Early 80's waiting for a redeye to LA from San Fran and the airport is dead and I am always early as being late is a pet peeve. Jane is dressed to the nines all in black and wearing shades. She sits across from me in the waiting area as we are the only two people more than 45 minutes early for the flight. This is before deregulation when flights cost a lot more and were frequently half empty. I am reading a book but her attire and caution catch my attention. She must have come from or was going to a funeral. She has a paper and opens it in front of her to read and as a further disguise. I get busted lowering my book to peek across at the same time she lowers her paper to catch me doing just that. Ten minutes later the first attendant shows up and Jane quickly goes up to her and request early boarding as the plane was attached to the entryway already. Jane is accomodated. Confirmed it was her as I walked by her first class seating.
Saw Trapper John late 90's as I got on a flight to Nashville and passed him in first class and he made eye contact with a friendly smile as I and others acknowledged his celebrity when going by.
Met and spoke with Paul Brown in Dallas Fort Worth airport as I and other Cincinnatin's travelled back from San Fran in mid 80's while we all awaited a flight.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 am

I set next to Karen Newman many years ago on a trip to Atlanta. She is short. Only about 3 apples high... She was very nice, looked great, and wore this perfume that drove me crazy, along with every other guy on the plane, I am sure.
Back to top Go down
romeo49

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:48 am

My cousin got married about 8 years or so ago and Karen was an attendee and after a few beverages she and my brother were kidding back and forth and she slapped him on the ass. After they both got a refill he got her back and they both laughed like crazy. She was fun and certainly not stuck up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I sat a few rows behind Stone Cold Steve Austin once. He was loud. His voice projects and I don't think he wasn't even trying. I also had a flight with the Michigan women's crew team once. I got to talk to a few while waiting at the gate because they noticed my Michigan shirt. That's about it for me.

I remember my parents telling me the story of sitting on a plane full of WWF superstars back int he 80's. We're talking guys like Hogan, The Million Dollar Man, Jake the Snake, etc.

My parents were on a flight from Chicago to Salt Lake City, I believe (we lived in Salt Lake for close to a year when I was an infant).
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Burzynski sighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burzynski sighting   Burzynski sighting Empty

Back to top Go down

Burzynski sighting
Page 1 of 1