Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. Empty
PostSubject: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/uconn-to-add-2000-seats-for-michigan-game/
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:15 am

Interesting. I wonder where those extra seats will be added, specifically?

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:32 am

Admin wrote:
That's a good question. From the aerial view, it would look like the only place to put them would be on either side of the score board. Looks like it could handle 1,000 seats on each side. Since they will be bleacher seats.

http://media2.wtnh.com//photo/2010/03/03/rentschlerfield_20100303134331_320_240.JPG
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 11:46 am

Let me see if I have this right.  This is UConn's biggest home game ever and they're going add 2,000 seats just to accommodate Michigan fans?  

I'm not complaining.  It's just kind of bizarre.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Hell, almost makes me wish I were still working/living in Connecticut. I've never seen the Maize and Blue play anywhere besides the Big House.

I expect BLueRoses to make it down from Mass. for that game...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:36 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Let me see if I have this right.  This is UConn's biggest home game ever and they're going add 2,000 seats just to accommodate Michigan fans?  

I'm not complaining.  It's just kind of bizarre.

Funny, because the article states that they normally give 3,000 to the visiting team, but UM asked for 5,000.  So since they didn't want to sell season tickets and not include the UM game in those tickets, they are adding 2,000 seats just to accomodate the UM fans.  Wow.  

Going to have to DVR that game and watch it later that night.  My wife will not be home, and we watch every game together.  Also means that I won't be able to watch any college football, because I don't want to know the score.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:
That's a good question.  From the aerial view, it would look like the only place to put them would be on either side of the score board.  Looks like it could handle 1,000 seats on each side.  Since they will be bleacher seats.

http://media2.wtnh.com//photo/2010/03/03/rentschlerfield_20100303134331_320_240.JPG
Yup, I started looking at pictures as soon as I read your post...and that's exactly where I was thinking too.

michmike wrote:
Hell, almost makes me wish I were still working/living in Connecticut. I've never seen the Maize and Blue play anywhere besides the Big House.

Hitting the road and watching them play on the road has been TONS of fun for me over the years. I've had some excellent experiences (PSU in 2006 or 2007, at MSU when Perry carried the ball 50 times for 230 yards, and many, many other wins on the road). Oddly enough, one of my favorite road venues is Ryan Field (Northwestern). That place is so small that it quickly turns into a home game for Michigan (at worst, neutral site), and because it's so small, it's a very intimate setting. Depending where you normally sit in AA, Ryan Field may be the closest you ever to get to our beloved Maize and Blue. But in general, the atmosphere is a ton of fun with all the Meeeechigan fans in the house. I'm pumped about them coming back to Chicago in November.

The only B10 road venues I haven't seen us play in are: Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin (though I've been to a game at Camp Randell in the past - IU vs Wiscy in 2008 I think).

Oh, and I work with a UofM alum who's going out to UConn for that game. Making a trip out of it as he has a bunch of buddies who live in NYC who are meeting him in Connecticut for the weekend. I'm jealous.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

michmike wrote:

Too bad you didn't attend those two games at Boston College when we played there in 91 and 95. I assume that would have been a pretty short road trip for you.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Too bad you didn't attend those two games at Boston College when we played there in 91 and 95.  I assume that would have been a pretty short road trip for you.
Wasn't there then, WH. I only lived in Connecticut from Oct.2008 through Nov.2009, when I was on contract with CIGNA. Other than that, I lived full-time in Rochester, NY since 1974 (till 2010, when I had to move to MD)

Nicely enough, though, I got to see a Mich-UConn basketball game at a little pub in CT with "Mishigan", and the Mich-Purdue game of 2009 (which RR's defense blew a 14-point lead to lose) at a place in Springfield, MA, with Blueroses. Two good posters from our old forum, though I rarely see them here.

And to this day, my biggest diasppointment, company-wise, remains the first (and my only) forum tailgate, August 31, 2002...our 31-29 win over Washington...when somebody's family car (allegedly) crapped out on the way to A-squared, and I was denied the opportunity to meet none other than A-G-B!!!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:08 pm

A-G-B?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
A-G-B?  
Andy-go-blue, otherwise known as me.

Car issues the day of the Washington game consisted of not being able to get the car started. The car was a 91 Mercury Topaz on its last leg. I was never on the road. Dad wouldn't let me drive his brand new car (he still holds a grudge from having his car keyed on the golf course when he went to the big house for a game in 1977), closest friends were out of town for Labor Day weekend so I couldn't find a ride. It was a bad, bad day.

Mike thinks I made it all up to get out of meeting him. So he's teased me about it ever since.

Luckily that day wasn't completely awful. Phil Brabbs made it much better by kicking that field goal.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:28 am

NO, I was just joking---I never thought you made it up!  MichMike's presence to avoid or no, there's no way in hell you (WH-aka-AGB) would have missed that game...or the very first tailgate..but for precluding circumstances above and beyond your control !!

I got to meet since-vanished Alexandre, WIC (Wolverine in Columbus), and several others I can't recall. Also got to see that great Grizzly Peak joint...to say nothing of a stolen victory over UW,
making up for the blocked-field-goal-returned-for-a-TD theft of theirs the prior year.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 am

I remember those guys, especially Alexandre who always posted what I was thinking and wrote it down before I could. And SeminoleMike who annoyingly yet understandably constantly kissed St. Bowden's ass.

That really was a fun place until it got overrun by all the stupid.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 am

I remember those guys, especially Alexandre who always posted what I was thinking and wrote it down before I could.  And SeminoleMike who annoyingly yet understandably constantly kissed St. Bowden's ass.  

That really was a fun place until it got overrun by all the stupid.
There were a lot of great posts back then. Remember the guy that used to post the UM football stats almost weekly. UMTEXAS or TEXASGOBLUE or something like that. He used to post:

All Time Win leader
All Time Highest winning percentage
All Time hardest strength of schedule
Winner best helmet

Stuff like that. He did it almost weekly.

Andy, didn't you do the flashback Fridays? Those were great.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:11 am

Yeah, that was me. Flashback Friday was a way to keep the football juices burning during summer, until YouTube came out. Of course, that's when I officially became known as the guy who lives in the past.

I kind of enjoyed arguing with the haters in those days. My, how things have changed.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am

Two of the best opposing posters were NDbacker, and particularly, nbuc7. The latter was as gracious an OSU fan as I've ever encountered, if only in cyberspace. So gracious I at times wondered if he wasn't an imposter?

Two of the most annoying (at least as they were known, and as they posted material then) were SpartanGal and LeDoggy.

Their kind was a major reason for my leaving...though worse, less educated and more obnoxious ones came along later.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 am

I always like NDbacker, as well.

I think my favorite opposing "forumer" is calimsu over on the mlive.

Good guy that I tried getting to come over here for a while...but he says already being on one UofM board is enough. If he adds a second to his list, he might have to rethink his loyalties.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:31 am

Admin wrote:

Good guy that I tried getting to come over here for a while...but he says already being on one UofM board is enough. If he adds a second to his list, he might have to rethink his loyalties.
NCHawk was a great poster as well. Didn't he post here once or twice?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:42 am

NCHawk...yeah you're right, he was a good guy. I do think he registered here. Let me take a look.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:49 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:

NCHawk was a great poster as well.  Didn't he post here once or twice?

You are correct. NCHawk registered back in November last year. Posted 19 times. Last time he visited the forum was mid-February earlier this year.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:44 am

I didnt post much at Mlive, but I remember Wolvy used to terrorize that board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.   UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game. Empty

Back to top Go down

UConn adding 2,000 seats for the UM game.
Page 1 of 1