Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.

Go down 
+5
joe
BetterThansparty
WolverineHistorian
michmike
EJinGA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. Empty
PostSubject: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:33 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

CBS picks them for the Rose Bowl, only because they predict O$U to go to the National Championship Game. I'd take it.

The O$U blow-fest continues with all the predictions I have read saying they will go to the NC.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes, and until they get their jocks handed to them (which will happen at least once this year), OSU will be on every "expert's" list.

All in all, I can't say those are totally assinine picks...though I place zero stock in them, or any, made before a down is played. Mere crap-shoots at this stage.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:42 pm

If OSU goes to the title game, I'm going to break some windows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Don't, WH. Costs money, can get you a citation, and could hurt someone inside.

Stick to running streaking---er, I mean SCREAMING---down the street, eh?

Seriously, if OSU goes to the national title game, some SEC team will blow them apart...as always happens when OSU faces the SEC. Much unlike ourselves...last year's Bama whipping notwithstanding.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Actually, seeing O$U get obliterated by an SEC team would kinda be like a holiday.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 pm

As of right now, ohio plays three teams that are ranked with the highest team being us at #17. Last year the highest ranked team that they faced was us and we were ranked #19 at the time. ohio is scheduling very weak.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:15 pm

michmike wrote:
Seriously, if OSU goes to the national title game, some SEC team will blow them apart...as always happens when OSU faces the SEC.
I have no doubt an SEC team would blow them apart but that would leave me having to root for the SEC team just like last year when Notre Dame's lucky-as-hell-refs-handed-them-two-wins-title-contending team played. You're rooting for them only because you have no other choice. You're sure as hell not going to root for your rival. At least I'm not.

This SEC madness has got to stop. There isn't a bigger cheating conference in college football.

OSU's schedule is another cake walk this year. And I can already hear the media slobber fest over Urban Meyer in my head that's going to happen once they start winning games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Actually, seeing O$U get obliterated by an SEC team would kinda be like a holiday.
No, not a holiday. Closer to Deja vu...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 am

2nd---is your new avatar a pic of 1984 Olympic demon ZOLA BUDD? She of Mary Decker-tripping infamy?

(Which, frankly, this [amateur] runner found to be totally repulsive...on both sides. I use the word DEMON mainly because Ms.Budd was so demonized by the press.).
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:08 am

I thought it was Richard Simmons
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 am

I'll be honest.  Should OSU make it to the title game, I would want to see them win, only because another blow out makes everyone else in the B1G look weak.  I will add that I don't think they will go undeafeated this year and due to their schedule, they have to run the table to even be considered for the NC.  If there are 3 teams with the same record at the end of the season, my money is that OSU is left out.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:03 am

blu4vr wrote:
I'll be honest.  Should OSU make it to the title game, I would want to see them win, only because another blow out makes everyone else in the B1G look weak.  I will add that I don't think they will go undeafeated this year and due to their schedule, they have to run the table to even be considered for the NC.  If there are 3 teams with the same record at the end of the season, my money is that OSU is left out.
blu4vr, I agree with everything in your post...except the reddened part. No way in the universe I would ever pull for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:31 am

Unfortunately the conference is judged nationally by the current standard bearer and that is OSU. Like it or not, that is a fact. If them winning improves the perception of the B1G, I'm all for it. Even a very close loss, in the last seconds or overtime would help. But a blow out, like their last two, no thank you. My dislike is not deep enough to not want to see a benefit for UM and the rest of the conference. I realize this is not a popular stance, but that is how I feel.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 pm

I don't care how the conference is judged.m I'm a UM fan.  I will always root against OSU in every situation.  Always.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Fish,

It is a touchy subject. There have been friendships broken, neighbors moving, divorces, parents disowning children and children putting parents in nursing homes over it. There is no middle ground, there is usually no civil discussions about it and certainly no changing of minds. We just have to learn to accept it and move on (if we can).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:26 pm

I could see myself rooting for the suckeyes IF it meant Michigan winning the National Championship. Other than that..............No way!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Unless your name is BOREN!

Fucker
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Bill, that I can agree with. Whilst, as I told blu4vr, I could never root for OSU if they were playing for the NC, I would root for them to "plough the road" of the team standing in our way of a national title.

And with the lack of respect the B1G now receives, the only way we would be in a position to win the NC is to have beaten OSU anyway, so it wouldn't sting to see them win as a Michigan victim.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:15 pm

For years and years I was always of the mindset of "Let Ohio State go undefeated all year until we play them. That'll make our victory over them that much sweeter, and mean that much more in the eyes of the rest of college football (specifically for rankings, bowl game selection, etc.).

Anymore...screw them. Let 'em go 0-11 before we beat their asses and send 'em home winless. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Admin, another way to put that is "I don't care about ohio until we play them. They can win, they can lose, it doesn't matter until the last Saturday in November."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:14 pm

That works too.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:49 pm

michmike wrote:
Don't, WH. Costs money, can get you a citation, and could hurt someone inside.

Stick to running streaking---er, I mean SCREAMING---down the street, eh?
pretty sure streaking could land you in much more trouble ha ha.

on topic, I will NEVER cheer for OSU. Never!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.   Michigan getting some bowl prediction love. Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan getting some bowl prediction love.
Page 1 of 1