Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Depth chart.

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:20 pm

There are some surprises.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130826/SPORTS0201/308260069/First-Michigan-depth-chart-Jack-Miller-center-Graham-Glasgow-left-guard?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Interesting.  Drake Johnson as the #2 back.  Also, I think they wanted to get Braden ready and trained as the LT of the future.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:52 pm

Yea, I've heard a person or two mention Drake but to see him at #2 is a little odd.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Interesting.  Drake Johnson as the #2 back.  Also, I think they wanted to get Braden ready and trained as the LT of the future.
I agree and I think that is a very wise move!

Go Blue!! Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 3:10 pm

More specifically, re the RB's, Derrick Green and Deveon Smith are co-last-stringers.

However, Funchess rarely was listed as a starter in all of the depth charts last season.

Will be interesting to see how the true starting lineups on Saturday stack up to what we're seeing today. My guess is this depth chart is a good indicator, but not completely "accurate".

mgoblue93

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm

wow...I don't know how to react to this, but ill take it with a grain of salt anyway.

Maybe he's trying to light a fire under the two freshmen RBs? Or, Drake Johnson is just better (wouldn't be a bad thing.)

I had high hopes for Green, but I guess the true DC will be settled after game play this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:16 pm

is anyone familiar with how the nickel will work? they have countess as the starting nickel, but he's also the RCB, obviously.

i suspect they will experiment with what works best: countess at corner and dymonte thomas at nickel; or stribling at corner, and countess at nickel.

im hoping thomas is in the rotation...we need youth to step up this year.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

My unscientific guess is your first suggestion...Dymonte entering at the nickel

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:21 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Yea, I've heard a person or two mention Drake but to see him at #2 is a little odd.
Go back and look. I have been preaching about Drake Johnson being the most under the radar, under appreciated, under valued RB on our team. I said it when he committed that he is the real deal. This comes as no surprise to me. I am too lazy to go back and dig up some of my old posts but I believe I gave some pretty good reason as to why I felt like this.

if he's a tenth as good at RB as he is at the hurdles he'll be an amazing RB for us.

sandyeggo_blue

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:24 pm

it also appears that I was wrong. I posted before that I was certain that Magnuson was being groomed for LT when Taylor leaves but they have him at RT. Interesting but it may just be a way to fully utilize the depth we are building on the OL.

I'm also a little bummed to see that Wormley has not locked down the other DE spot at this point.

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
it also appears that I was wrong. I posted before that I was certain that Magnuson was being groomed for LT when Taylor leaves but they have him at RT. Interesting but it may just be a way to fully utilize the depth we are building on the OL.

I'm also a little bummed to see that Wormley has not locked down the other DE spot at this point.
The question is, is RT "the new LT" at Michigan, because a lefty is going to be the future QB? It could be that they want their best tackle (of the future) getting used to protecting the right side, the blind side of Shane Morris....

Anyway, I'm bummed that Ondre Pipkins hasn't grabbed a starting spot yet. Anyone know what is going on with that? Is it no big deal because he's part of a rotation?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 pm

[quote="mgoblue93"]
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
The question is, is RT "the new LT" at Michigan, because a lefty is going to be the future QB?  It could be that they want their best tackle (of the future) getting used to protecting the right side, the blind side of Shane Morris....
My thoughts exactly. Great point, it also just so happens to get the best guys on the field at the same time. I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL6LH6ufhM

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:16 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

The question is, is RT "the new LT" at Michigan, because a lefty is going to be the future QB?  It could be that they want their best tackle (of the future) getting used to protecting the right side, the blind side of Shane Morris....

Anyway, I'm bummed that Ondre Pipkins hasn't grabbed a starting spot yet.  Anyone know what is going on with that?  Is it no big deal because he's part of a rotation?
great point. that one went way over my head. but I think braden might shape up to be the best of them all so I'd expect to see him at RT if that were the case.

Depth chart. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depth chart.   Depth chart. Empty

Back to top Go down

Depth chart.
Page 1 of 1