Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thoughts on first depth chart

Go down 
+3
MgoBlue
Admin
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Thoughts on first depth chart Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:48 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20140825/SPORTS06/308250170/michigan-football-depth-chart

I see that RG is still up in the air and MLB has Ryan OR Morgan. Who thinks Ryan won't start? Not me.

O-line really, really concerns me. Sorry joe.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Other thoughts:

* Justice Hayes and Drake Johnson tied for last on the depth chart at RB.

* Jeremy Clark getting the nod at SS...I wonder if that would have been the case if Delano Hill remained healthy? Just wondering aloud.

* OL will be interesting. Like we discussed in a different post, will be interesting to see how Saturday's starting five matchup against the starting five in a few weeks.

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:23 pm

I just hope our defense is really, really good. I do not agree with several things based off of what I saw in the scrimmage. Green being one of them. I relize the scrimmage was only 1 day of fall camp but I find myself shaking my head at today's presser.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Is Kalis still dinged up?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:40 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I just hope our defense is really, really good.  I do not agree with several things based off of what I saw in the scrimmage.  Green being one of them.  I relize the scrimmage was only 1 day of fall camp but I find myself shaking my head at today's presser.

^^^ THIS ^^^

I watched a 7 minute "highlight" clip of the scrimmage on MgoBlog the other day and our O line did not look good at all. I think I only saw two or three plays where they gave the QB a nice pocket to work from.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I just hope our defense is really, really good.  I do not agree with several things based off of what I saw in the scrimmage.  Green being one of them.  I relize the scrimmage was only 1 day of fall camp but I find myself shaking my head at today's presser.

Totally agree on Green Mgo. I still find it hard to believe that Green is better than any of the other 3, or 4, backs. He has just never shown the ability to stay on his feet once someone makes even the slightest contact, let alone the speed that is needed. If this is because he is al of sudden a better blocker in pass protection....I sure need to see it to believe it. I sure hope that i am wrong!

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm

No Ian Bunting??? Expect zero throws to our TEs until Jake Butt gets back. That puzzles me. Is hoke trying to red shirt IB? I see he's only listed at 227 which is light for a guy that is 6'7". that could be part of it.

Green at #1 was a surpise. I too would like to see how much his blocking has improved.

My guess is Kyle Bosch will start at RG.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

^^^ THIS ^^^

I watched a 7 minute "highlight" clip of the scrimmage on MgoBlog the other day and our O line did not look good at all. I think I only saw two or three plays where they gave the QB a nice pocket to work from.

One thing about that scrimmage eggo,

The defense blitzed pretty much every play from the way it sounded/read/looked.

I would have felt better if we had hit a few hot receivers but he was under constant duress usually with more than 4 rushers.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm

kind of OT but also noticed that Blake Countess switched from #18 to #2 and that there is no #77 this year.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:40 pm

joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

^^^ THIS ^^^

One thing about that scrimmage eggo,

The defense blitzed pretty much every play from the way it sounded/read/looked.

I would have felt better if we had hit a few hot receivers but he was under constant duress usually with more than 4 rushers.

so basically the D was mimicking Sparty's game plan against us last year. Great Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
No Ian Bunting??? Expect zero throws to our TEs until Jake Butt gets back. That puzzles me. Is hoke trying to red shirt IB? I see he's only listed at 227 which is light for a guy that is 6'7". that could be part of it.

Green at #1 was a surpise. I too would like to see how much his blocking has improved.

My guess is Kyle Bosch will start at RG.

Only four freshman listed on the two-deep.

Not a bad thing, really.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on first depth chart   Thoughts on first depth chart Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on first depth chart
Page 1 of 1