Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?

Go down 
5 posters

1.) Jehu Chesson
Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_lcap86%Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_rcap
 86% [ 6 ]
2.) Jeremy Jackson
Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_lcap14%Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
3.) Joe Reynolds
Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_lcap0%Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:32 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/08/with_amara_darboh_out_michigan.html

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 am

If we are relying on Joe Reynolds and Jeremy Jackson we are in trouble.  JR and JJ may be effective possession types, but they are not impact players.  Jehu is going to have a big year.  I also think Dileo will have a bigger impact than JR and JJ.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:41 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If we are relying on Joe Reynolds and Jeremy Jackson we are in trouble.  JR and JJ may be effective possession types, but they are not impact players.  Jehu is going to have a big year.  I also think Dileo will have a bigger impact than JR and JJ.
Well on paper it clearly would seem to be Jackson but the game isn't played on paper, yada yada.

I'm with you Fish, I'm not sure JJ is our guy. He has the size and the speed but he's spent three years relegated to mop-up duty (although I do think he started a game or two IIRC). I just don't know if he has it in him to be a breakout star.

I'm a bit worried about Chesson's weight here. I've read many articles that said that Darboh is a monster after the catch, good luck trying to arm tackle him, etc, etc. All I've heard about Chesson is that he's fast, lanky and has good hands. Nothing about his route running, nothing about a knack for the ball, nothing about stretching the field. I think if it's Chesson then it's going to be a sink or swim type of year for him and I'd rather ease him into the role than throw him directly into the fire.

I haven't done much research on the DBs that we'll be facing in our first few games. Getting the WRs some confidence against a weaker secondary could be the key to their success but I still think we're going to see a lot of 10 yd Tight End and slot WR passes. Don't look too  hard for the long ball this year, it may not be in playbook. Then again, if we get our power run game going anything is possible.

I will say that given his background and all  he's been through I am root big time for Jehu and not just because he's wearing the winged helmet but because he's been through a lot to get where he is. I'd love to see the kid shine.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 pm

Dennis Norfleet
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Dennis Norfleet
I was thinking Dileo and Gallon more when I mentioned slot plays but Norfleet could be a very viable option.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Technically it could be anyone because technically Darboh hadn't done anything yet. It was all speculation on Darboh being a stud. How do I know this? I was one of the speculators.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Yep, it was thought that Darboh would take the role that Roundtree and Hemmingway had filled the previous two year. I think it's funny that Darboh is a WR and his stats only show 5 tackles.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:35 pm

How dare you make fun of any Michigan player? That's sacrilege...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh?   Who do you see stepping up most in place of Darboh? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1