Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delany is stepping up.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Delany is stepping up. Empty
PostSubject: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:23 am

What do you think?

http://ology.com/post/76960/big-ten-commish-jim-delany-doesn-t-think-alabama-should-be-national-champ

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:58 am

Not sure I agree with him; 'Bama did pound unbeaten, No.1 LSU soundly.

Where I can empathize with the Commish's viewpoint is with respect
to how much 'Bama deserved that rematch (over Okie St.).

But I've long had issues with every system we've had in place for determining the "national champion", going all the way back to my U-M days in the early 70s, so I'll blab no more...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:05 pm

I think Delany's point is that UM didn't get a rematch with ohio in 2006, and that was arguably, the best game ever. Who is to say Michigan wouldn't have gone on to thrash ohio in the Championship game? Anything can happen in one game, a Championship game should take the entire body of work into account. If you didn't win your Conference Championship you do not get an opportunity to play for the National Championship. That was the rationale for Michigan not going, why don't the rules stay the same?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:57 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
...why don't the rules stay the same?

Because Urban wasn't crying about it this time around.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm

It'll be interesting to see in 2-3 years when both Michigan and ohio are at the top again but this time urban will be crying for ohio. You know that someone will call him out on that one...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:13 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
It'll be interesting to see in 2-3 years when both Michigan and ohio are at the top again but this time urban will be crying for ohio. You know that someone will call him out on that one...

Of course he could never know 5 years ago but it does seem like he has seriously put himself in a situation where he might have to insert foot into mouth.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Well, according to the truck-drivers in ohio they knew Meyer would be at ohio back then....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Well, according to the truck-drivers in ohio they knew Meyer would be at ohio back then....

I'm sure they were also aware of the impending market crash therefor they diversified there bonds well in advance. The rest of us are schmucks.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I seriously recall tuo$ trolls on MLive (back when it was tolerable) talking about urban back as early as 2005.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delany is stepping up.   Delany is stepping up. Empty

Back to top Go down

Delany is stepping up.
Page 1 of 1