Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

perfect first game.

Go down 
+5
BetterThansparty
rasputin
WolverineHistorian
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

perfect first game. Empty
PostSubject: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Blow out, but enuff things went wrong to keep their attention to coach them up
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:31 pm

*On offense.

Really nothing went wrong on defense, besides some penalties. Our defense played lights out all game. They bailed our offense out several times. Then consider were are missing BOTH starting safeties and starting middle linebacker.... yeah, impressive.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:07 pm

You're never going to look perfect in your first game. And there were some first game type things that happened today. Gardner recovered well after that horrible interception on the second play of the game. I think the second pick might have been more Gallon's fault.

We had to get Fitz going in the first half. He did respectable. Coming back from a horrible injury like he did, you're bound to be a little timid. I"m happy so many younger players got to play the majority if the second half.

I wish the secondary had played a little better in the first half. CMU's receivers looked wide open more often than not, they just couldn't connect. Countess didn't look too hot.

Overall, I'm happy with how the game went. Execution problems will be fixed as the season goes on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Got to say, Green impressed me today. I think he takes over by mid season.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:21 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
* Then consider were are missing BOTH starting safeties and starting middle linebacker.... yeah, impressive.
Is Avery a starting safety? I doubt it. He isn't good, and Wilson is better.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:38 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/08/with_courtney_avery_injured_mi.html

"Avery, who was on the verge of becoming the team's starting free safety, was asked specifically if he'd be back for the Notre Dame game on Sept. 7. But right now, he's not sure."

Regardless, he is one of 4 captains. Not having him available is going to hurt the team.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:03 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/08/with_courtney_avery_injured_mi.html

"Avery, who was on the verge of becoming the team's starting free safety, was asked specifically if he'd be back for the Notre Dame game on Sept. 7. But right now, he's not sure."

Regardless, he is one of 4 captains. Not having him available is going to hurt the team.
Gordon yes, because Furman was obviously not ready.  But missing Avery was not a big loss IMHO.  He is a good nickel, but if he is starting, especially at safety, that makes me worry about the future.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Talent wise, maybe not. You don't think missing a captain is not a big loss? The players vote captains for a reason, because of their leadership. I just don't see how losing one of your teams biggest leaders is not a big deal.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Talent wise, maybe not. You don't think missing a captain is not a big loss? The players vote captains for a reason, because of their leadership. I just don't see how losing one of your teams biggest leaders is not a big deal.
Not a big deal because he was still there to lead from the sidelines.  On the field not much of a loss.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: I am a naturally nervous person   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 am

so I can't stop thinking about devin's interceptions and the lack of quality down-field receivers. Notre Dame next weeks scares me. They looked awfully efficient today.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:43 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Not a big deal because he was still there to lead from the sidelines.  On the field not much of a loss.
Have you ever played football? You've never heard of a defensive leader "directing traffic"? Telling linebackers when to shift, telling CBs when to cover flats or when to drop back?

Veteran leaders and CAPTAINS are usually pretty good at that. Someone else on this board (maybe you?) alluded to our DBs being out of position in the 2nd half. You don't think having a veteran leader, a captain, would have helped with that?

"OK".

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:03 am

Yeah, I've played a lot of football skippy, and I'm telling you he will not start over Wilson when he returns.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Ohhhhhh, it looks like an internet fight brewing...

And for once it doesn't involve me. Seems strange...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Yeah, I've played a lot of football skippy, and I'm telling you he will not start over Wilson when he returns.
Cool. That isn't my point. Even if Avery doesn't start, he will surely still see the field.

Do you think he was voted team captain for sympathy? Why do you think he was voted 1 of 4 captains of team 134?

I can't believe you don't think that not having one of your captains available has no affect on the team.

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:39 pm

rasputin wrote:
so I can't stop thinking about devin's interceptions and the lack of quality down-field receivers. Notre Dame next weeks scares me. They looked awfully efficient today.
They played Temple.  A team that was 4-7 a year ago.  They have had losing seasons 23 of the last 26 years.  If you don't look efficient against Temple, then you should stop playing football for good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:45 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Cool. That isn't my point. Even if Avery doesn't start, he will surely still see the field.

Do you think he was voted team captain for sympathy? Why do you think he was voted 1 of 4 captains of team 134?

I can't believe you don't think that not having one of your captains available has no affect on the team.
Look, they gave up 9 points, looks like no affect at all.  Game. Set. Match.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:10 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

And for once it doesn't involve me.  Seems strange...
Sooooo stay out of it and don't make a comment like that lol.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I was pretty disappointed in a few things yesterday, despite a 59-9 romp:

* Devin's decision-making early in the game
* Our pass protection
* I think we're severely lacking play-making ability at WR right now (yes, I know Gallon is out there. But until someone else can prove to opposing coaches that they're a legitimate threat, we're going to see Gallon bracketed all season long.)

A few things I liked:
* CHANNING STRIBLING - ULTRA IMPRESSIVE FOR A TRUE FROSH IN THE SEASON OPENER
* Norfleet at PR
* (Something we already knew) Devin's ability to extend plays and scramble for serious yardage
* Our blocking downfield by the WR's (and Fitz on DG's long TD run...in which he looked like he literally WALKED into the endzone)

Anyway...as I mentioned in a previous post, I didn't see a single snap of the second half due to a sudden stomach issue. I'm going to watch the replay now. I'll be back with more opinions...WHETHER YOU WANT TO HEAR THEM OR NOT Twisted Evil Razz 

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Stomach issue may be related to 9:30 am wiskey.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:08 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Look, they gave up 9 points, looks like no affect at all.  Game. Set. Match.
By this logic, you must agree that losing Jake Ryan had no affect at all either, right? I mean, they only gave up 9 points.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:15 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
He's young, he "should" be able to handle the whiskey. I'm thinking that it was something that he ate...

That being said the whiskey didn't help.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:18 pm

My thought for what its worth.Defense looked pretty stout, WR was my concern going in and I saw nothing to change that, Funchess is still a stud, Gardner can exstend plays, but guys gotta get open, and Michigan has a complete stable of RB, Tousant looked great Green is an animal and Rawls looks like he want to play, as opose to last year, Tousant was it.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Dennis has got to field the punts though, he let two of them roll for what 15-20 yd each?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 pm

In Norfleet's defense none of those punts even came close to him in the air. Traditionally PR's are supposed to stay away from balls that are bouncing/on the ground as it is very unpredictable how an oblong ball will bounce. That being said I agree with you.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 pm

We need to do something about it because it's been an issue the last couple of years.Two guys back? You give up a blocker but in a close game 20 yards can be big or 20 x 2.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Yea, I trust that Coach Hoke will address it (or Ferrigno) but I can't guarantee that. I'd hope that something is done though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

And for once it doesn't involve me.  Seems strange...
lol! 

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:15 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
He's young, he "should" be able to handle the whiskey.  I'm thinking that it was something that he ate...

That being said the whiskey didn't help.
LOL....9:30am whiskey starts don't help, but I'm definitely a season vet when it comes to such shenanigans.

It had to be something I ate...

whatever the cause, it was the most unpleasant I've felt in a very long time.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: perfect first game.   perfect first game. Empty

Back to top Go down

perfect first game.
Page 1 of 1