Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game Empty
PostSubject: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:51 pm

They can play.

I have yet to watch the replay. Thankfully I stayed semi-sober for the game, and I can recollect more than I would any other game I've seen live in the last 5 years or so.

Our D line was pushed around and dominated all night. Our O-Line wasn't destroyed as badly, but ND won on that side too.

Rees was impressive as hell, save for one bad INT before the half.

ND's freshman LB, Jaylon Smith, was all over the field. That's a true frosh, folks, out of Fort Wayne. He's going to be a stud.

Anyway, ND wins out, save for a possible loss out at Stanford. An 11-1 ND team definitely, and a 10-2 ND team probably, gets into a BCS game. I'll say Sugar Bowl, because they haven't been to NO in a long time, if I remember correctly.

This was an impressive win for ours Maize and Blue.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Our D line wasn't dominated. The few times that Matty called up the blitz we were very effective in breaking up their rhythm and blowing up a play. Sure we didn't get a bunch of pressure or sacks but like I said in another post, I think it was conservative play calling on the D side to avoid giving up a big play or TD to ND to not allow a momentum shift. I'd like to see the ESPN stat again that showed NDs offensive production when we didn't blitz vs the times that we did. It was clear cut night and day. When we wanted to make a stand with our D our D line got it done. That was evident in the fact that ND's last three trips to the redzone only resulted in 3 points for them.

All that said, I do agree with you Admin, for the most part their O line won the battle.

Our O line definitely did a better job than I expected. I rewatched the Garder INT in the endzone about 10 times in slow motion. Two things happened that allowed that play to break up and oddly enough they had nothing to do with our interior. Glasgow, Miller and Kalis were solid on that play. 1) Fitz had a weak block on the LB that came in and it made Gardner start to scramble. 2) The safety completely blew by Schofield to secure the right end and the other rusher completely blew by Lewan to secure the other end. Gardner had nowhere to go. Actually, dare I say it looks like Lewan let up on the play.

I do disagree that ND will win out. Stanford will beat them but other than that they win out and get BCS bid. The oklahoma game will be fun to watch also.

In the end there is no denying that this was a solid win for M

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm watching the replay now on BTN. Perhaps watching it differently will change my initial thoughts.

So far, not as unimpressed with our OL in the running game. Most running plays from where I sat (in 37) looked like no-gains or losses. And the scoreboard was sketchy all night, really. I'm seeing that they were more like 1-3 yard gains.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Is it pronounced Kay-lis or Cal-is?

I always thought Cal-is.

Brent and Kirk saying Kay-lis.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 pm

I always thought it was Kay-lis
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 pm

It is Kay-lis.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
It is Kay-lis.
I asked Kyle's mom that at the Alabama game last year and she said Kay-lis.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
It is Kay-lis.
I asked Kyle's mom that at the Alabama game last year and she said Kay-lis.
]\]

Well, I guess that'll settle it 100%.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am

O$U put up only 42 in a cake game, and Michigan hangs 41 on ND.

I don't know how good ND will be the rest of the season, but Rees does look like the real deal.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:11 am

EJinGA wrote:
... but Rees does look like the real deal.
Save for his mobility...and as I noted in my "riposte" to the "Random Thoughts" thread, his lack thereof was a huge factor in
our defense being able to keep them (and their point total) under control...which latter is a very wide window, so to speak,
this year, given our own offense's ability to pile up points.

As an aside, I thought our own Devin Gardner made a couple of highlight-reel throws...putting the ball in about a one-square-foot
window, the only possible place for a completion, from 30 yards away...such accuracy and strength in that arm, coupled with his own real mobility, makes him a killer weapon.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm

michmike wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
... but Rees does look like the real deal.
Save for his mobility
It'll be interesting to see how he does against sparty, of course I hope that he rips them a new asshole.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game   ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game Empty

Back to top Go down

ND goes 11-1 this season, 10-2 at worst. Probable BCS game
Page 1 of 1