Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan needed that game.

Go down 
+6
Admin
michmike
GOBLUEJOE66
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Michigan needed that game. Empty
PostSubject: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm not upset. They slept walked through the game. Got win and now Hoke has there attention. This is a young team. The defense made mistakes. Gardner was horrible and the lines were horrible, but they won. Now when coaches tell them that they aren't that good, now they will listen.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm with you.

Most players don't follow college football half as much as we do. They don't realize that this year's ND team is nothing special. In their minds, they just beat the defending NC Runner Up. I can definitely see how they went into this game thinking they are invincible.

Now come back to earth and use UCONN to prepare for Big 10 play.

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Hopefully they do learn from it. I hope they show that game in practice every week for the rest of the season. Frankly, they should have been able to play 2nd and 3rd stringers and still won that game.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised it they come out and destroy UConn next week.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:41 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I hope you are right. They need to make that happen...big time!!!

I am all in with the new banner!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
They had better, Fish, or I'll never hear the end of it, here in Maryland, home of this "other" U-M which
dumped the Huskies yesterday (32-21)...

For me, the best thing to come out of the most embarrassing, humbling victory (pardon the paradoxes)
in our program's history was Taylor Lewan's post-game rant:

"We did not prepare. We should be ashamed of ourselves for our fans, our students, our coaches, our
university. It's all on us, captains and seniors. It will NOT happen again. If we have more weeks of
practice [like this last one], we won't win another game all year."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:46 am

I'm of similar mindset as Fish.

Am I happy with yesterday? Well, of course not.

However, I knew we were going to come into that game extremely sluggish. Multiple people mentioned the spread on the game to me during the week (all non-UM fans that like to bet CFB), and I told every single one of them to take Akron to cover. I believe the line was 32, maybe a little higher? Despite how bad Akron has been over the last few years, I just knew we were going to come out flat. My pregame prediction was that we'd "give up an early FG, and the O will start very sluggish. We come out second half and get it back together. 38-9"

The first part of my prediction was spot on...not the rest, of course.

Anyway, we can sit here and bitch and moan about what happened, or we can move forward.

We're certainly asking (demanding) that the team learn from this, move on and improve. As fans, I think we should do the same.

If we continue to lament on this game, I have this weird gut feeling that it's going to have a negative effect on our team in the long-term of this season.

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:54 am

I would hope that this team doesn't give a damn about what posters on an internet board think and say. If it does care, then it has a real problem.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Yesterday doesn't come as too shocking to me. Did I think that would happen? Not exactly, but Akron runs a version of the spread.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Yesterday doesn't come as too shocking to me.  Did I think that would happen?  Not exactly, but Akron runs a version of the spread.  
I get your point, it makes sense. I guess I expected akron to score a bit too. Just not 24. the real surprise was our offense. it was offensive.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:10 pm

IMHO the offense was to blame for that game. Turnovers create momentum swings and guess what? We lost FOUR of them...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
IMHO the offense was to blame for that game.  Turnovers create momentum swings and guess what?  We lost FOUR of them...
turnovers are normally the one best indicator (if you have to pick one) and it was 4-2, but when a team that's coming off 3-33 the last 3 seasons and losers of 27 (now 28) in a row on the road, who got rolled by the D1 team they played this year gets 21 first downs, 400 yds and 9-18 3rd down conversions, it's hard for me not to say the defense was a big problem.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michigan needed that game.   Michigan needed that game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Michigan needed that game.
Page 1 of 1