Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, What do you guys do

Go down 
+6
ThatGuy
the artist formally known
hailtoyourvictor
MgoBlue
Admin
joe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

So, What do you guys do  Empty
PostSubject: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

to run the ball?

We've got to do something.

Everyone keeps blurting out "Bubble screen" like that's the magic answer.

I don't know what they should do. Looming for ideas.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:23 am

I truly think using more bubble and slip screens will not only actually gain us some positive yardage, but also open things up a LITTLE in the run game.

If we can get opposing LB's to keep thinking "I'm probably going to have to bust my ass out to the flat for a screen..." each play, that's going to open up some lanes in the middle. They simply won't be able to just tee off on the A and B gaps all game, as they have been able to most of the season.

I also think we need to run the zone read at least 10x a game, if not more.

I hate regressing back to that offense, but you do what you have to do to win games.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 am

They also need to get the passing going. Even if it is only short-medium passes. You have to get the defense to back off. Right now teams are daring us to throw and we are not doing it.

Also need to mix up the play calling. Seems like we ran the ball on 95% of our first down plays. Need to start gaining yard on first down so we are not always looking at 3rd and long.

Naked bootleg. If teams want to crash the middle, fake the hand off and roll Gardner out. Give him the option to run or pass.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 am

Admin wrote:
I truly think using more bubble and slip screens will not only actually gain us some positive yardage, but also open things up a LITTLE in the run game.

If we can get opposing LB's to keep thinking "I'm probably going to have to bust my ass out to the flat for a screen..." each play, that's going to open up some lanes in the middle. They simply won't be able to just tee off on the A and B gaps all game, as they have been able to most of the season.

I also think we need to run the zone read at least 10x a game, if not more.

I hate regressing back to that offense, but you do what you have to do to win games.
This makes sense. I think it would also help the issue of d-linemen pinning their ears back and rushing.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 am

I believe using a FB more and, having a passing game would help. I truly believe that teams don't fear Gardner as passer in fact they are inviting him to pass. Maybe attacking the edge more. It would also help if Tousant would hit they hole harder, instead of pussy footing for a seam.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:17 am

Another problem is that we can't even run play action to keep the defense honest. Everytime we run PA, Gardner has to perform a miracle to evade a pass rush and then ends up making a bad decision.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:30 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
It would also help if Touisant would hit they hole harder, instead of pussy footing for a seam.
Couldn't agree more...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:55 pm

I still say it's a lot more play-calling and O-line play than it is Fitz not being a good RB.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:23 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:
It would also help if Touisant would hit they hole harder, instead of pussy footing for a seam.
Couldn't agree more...
Completely disagree.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:18 pm

mix up the play calling...throw the ball more. try to open the run game up. anything but running it up the middle over and over again.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 pm

I liked what they did with Norfleet the first couple games.  The quick flip pass behind the LOS is about to break a long one.  Haven't seen it since Akron.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:28 pm

teach the Oline their blocking assignment

joe

PostSubject: Hmmmmmmm   So, What do you guys do  EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This one makes sense to me.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:47 am

joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I only speak in truth.

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I only speak in truth.
that is the best idea. wtf, i've never seen an OL look so lost. i know they are young but they look confused too often.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:26 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I liked what they did with Norfleet the first couple games.  The quick flip pass behind the LOS is about to break a long one.  Haven't seen it since Akron.
i would love to see more norfleet. we have weapons on this team: norfleet, funchess, dileo, gallon, gardner. if we could just have marginal OL play.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:35 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I only speak in truth.
I do completey agree on this one (although Fitz having a clue would help) but please do not generalize your truth statement...Razz 

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, What do you guys do    So, What do you guys do  Empty

Back to top Go down

So, What do you guys do
Page 1 of 1