Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Admin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

How was you SB experience? Saturday weather was awful and really ruined the day for us. We were in Indy from 10am-2:30pm and then took off. What did you do?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Not Admin, but we went down on Wednesday, and it was great. Perfect weather. Seven dollar beers were a bit stiff, but I drank a few anyway. Saturday was the worst day to go down. Sorry you hit he rain and crap.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm

We got there late Friday night. Didn't make it down, downtown...went to my girlfriend's brother's place a few blocks north of the SB Village.

Saturday's weather sucked, for sure. We met my cousin and her husband at The Canterbury for lunch, then walked around and drank. Went back to her sister's place for a nap, and went back out that night. Actually ended back up at The Canterbury. Somehow, I fell ass backwards into the VIP lounge upstairs. By the end of the night, I had met Troy Aikman (who was absolutely hammered.....by himself, eating a plate of wings that literally took him an hour to finish), the kid from Breaking Bad who plays Jesse, and the main guy from Mad Men, Jon Hamm. (sorry for the name dropping....but it goes with a story)

So we're leaving the lounge around 4am, and my drunken cousin (female, close to 30), walked up to Jon Hamm, pointed to my girlfriend, and said "She really, really wants to take a picture with you." He was more than gracious and obliged. We actually stood there and talked with him for about 5 minutes or so, and he took the time to pose for about 6-7 pictures with the girls.

Then we walked away, and me being drunk and feeling 'big time' after talking with Hamm, thought 'Hey, I just talked to him, I can talk to the kid from Breaking Bad.' So I stopped, intro'd myself, and he was even cooler. Talked with him for a few minutes before I kindly stepped away, heading for the exit.

As I walk out the lounge, my cousin in-law stops me. He tells me that Jon Hamm is trying to pick up my girlfriend. I stepped back in, and saw her walking my way. She later explains that as she walking out behind me, Hamm grabbed her around the waste and asked her to stay with him there and drink more. She told him we were actually heading 'home' for the night, but thanked him for the invite. He asked her to again, and she again kindly said no. He finally grabbed her hand, gave it a kiss, and wished her a good night.

She felt great, so instead of getting the least bit upset, I played it up for her.

"Ooooh, Jon Hamm waaaanted youuuuu."

She was eating it up.

And I guess, in the end, I felt pretty damn good that the guy wanted my girlfriend!

Anyway, back to the schedule. Sunday we made our way back to the Village around 2pm. We posted ourselves at Tiki Bob's down there a couple hours before the game, and stayed until the final incompletion. Needless to say, that was my biggest tab of the weekend.

All in all, had a great time. As bad as the weather sucked Saturday, Sunday was pleasantly nice. Hated the outcome of the game, so we bounced from downtown immediately after the game before the crowd could really make it's way back into the streets and get crazy.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:37 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Not Admin, but we went down on Wednesday, and it was great. Perfect weather. Seven dollar beers were a bit stiff, but I drank a few anyway. Saturday was the worst day to go down. Sorry you hit he rain and crap.

I was down on Tuesday when it was 64 out. I had a much more enjoyable time then.

Saturday was awful. We kept going indoors, went int the huddle and even the mall for a while and then we went to lunch. We kept trying to wait out the rain but it never stopped.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Admin wrote:
We got there late Friday night. Didn't make it down, downtown...went to my girlfriend's brother's place a few blocks north of the SB Village.

Saturday's weather sucked, for sure. We met my cousin and her husband at The Canterbury for lunch, then walked around and drank. Went back to her sister's place for a nap, and went back out that night. Actually ended back up at The Canterbury. Somehow, I fell ass backwards into the VIP lounge upstairs. By the end of the night, I had met Troy Aikman (who was absolutely hammered.....by himself, eating a plate of wings that literally took him an hour to finish), the kid from Breaking Bad who plays Jesse, and the main guy from Mad Men, Jon Hamm. (sorry for the name dropping....but it goes with a story)

So we're leaving the lounge around 4am, and my drunken cousin (female, close to 30), walked up to Jon Hamm, pointed to my girlfriend, and said "She really, really wants to take a picture with you." He was more than gracious and obliged. We actually stood there and talked with him for about 5 minutes or so, and he took the time to pose for about 6-7 pictures with the girls.

Then we walked away, and me being drunk and feeling 'big time' after talking with Hamm, thought 'Hey, I just talked to him, I can talk to the kid from Breaking Bad.' So I stopped, intro'd myself, and he was even cooler. Talked with him for a few minutes before I kindly stepped away, heading for the exit.

As I walk out the lounge, my cousin in-law stops me. He tells me that Jon Hamm is trying to pick up my girlfriend. I stepped back in, and saw her walking my way. She later explains that as she walking out behind me, Hamm grabbed her around the waste and asked her to stay with him there and drink more. She told him we were actually heading 'home' for the night, but thanked him for the invite. He asked her to again, and she again kindly said no. He finally grabbed her hand, gave it a kiss, and wished her a good night.

She felt great, so instead of getting the least bit upset, I played it up for her.

"Ooooh, Jon Hamm waaaanted youuuuu."

She was eating it up.

And I guess, in the end, I felt pretty damn good that the guy wanted my girlfriend!

Anyway, back to the schedule. Sunday we made our way back to the Village around 2pm. We posted ourselves at Tiki Bob's down there a couple hours before the game, and stayed until the final incompletion. Needless to say, that was my biggest tab of the weekend.

All in all, had a great time. As bad as the weather sucked Saturday, Sunday was pleasantly nice. Hated the outcome of the game, so we bounced from downtown immediately after the game before the crowd could really make it's way back into the streets and get crazy.

What a crazy experience. What the hell is Troy Aikman doing by himself???? That was the night of the NFL Honors banquet he should have had plenty of people to hang out with.

Nice work on getting into the VIP. There were so many exclusive events going on downtown it would have been nice to go to some of them. Your a bigger man than me for the way you handled that guy hitting on your girlfriend.

Sounds like you had a good time. Unfortunately, my freinds had to leave Sunday morning so I did not get a chance to go back down there. I am sure it was crazy. Getting a table at a restaurant on Saturday was pretty tough. I can't imagine what Sunday was like.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Okay, according to the long lived rumor here in Texas, Troy was probably alone because it is not good for his image to be seen with a guy!! I'm just saying!

WillieMfan

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
Okay, according to the long lived rumor here in Texas, Troy was probably alone because it is not good for his image to be seen with a guy!! I'm just saying!

So the rumor is he is gay? Isn't he married now? I realize that does not eliminate the possibility.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Admin Empty
PostSubject: It's been a long lived rumor that has never really been confirmed or disproven. I guess i shouldn't be a rumor mongor!   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Go_Blue wrote:

So the rumor is he is gay? Isn't he married now? I realize that does not eliminate the possibility.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:32 pm

He was at The Canterbury earlier in the day when I was there for lunch, and he was with his agent. I heard him introduce him and his first name was Bobby.

But, yeah, it was definitely weird late night him there by himself. Like I said, he was face down to the plate of wings for an hour, only occasionally look up to check his Blackberry (which was a pretty old model too...guess he's not one for staying up-to-date).

The whole thing with him was just awkward. When he was about 30 minutes in to the wings, I finally looked over at him and said 'Hey, Troy, I bet you're glad you aren't working tomorrow...?'

He simply replied 'Ohhh yeaah', then went on about his wing business.

Just didn't seem too nice. Maybe that's why he was sitting there all alone.

Sponsored content

Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin   Admin Empty

Back to top Go down

Admin
Page 1 of 1