Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com

Go down 
+3
HailToTheVictors!
joe
MichiganGF
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganGF

2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:57 pm

(I'm sure this is old news for some of you) Shane Morris is ranked number 16

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3053

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1328942

"The buzz on Morris started early in his sophomore year. The left-hander was matching 2012 five-stars Gunner Kiel and Jameis Winston throw-for-throw at the Columbus Elite 11 regional last May," said Helmholdt of No. 16 on the list. "As his game has progressed he has learned to vary his trajectory and put more touch on his passes when the situation calls for it. Just as important to the quarterback position, Morris has the moxie and leadership qualities to take control of a huddle and has shown to be a player others will follow."
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Any thoughts on him starting as a freshman?

If he's as good as they say it'll be a fun 4 years.

Of course, he hasn't even played his senior year in High School yet.

PostSubject: Nice first post!   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Here are a few other recruits to keep an eye on. The 2013 class could be another great class even with less numbers.

#5-Su'a Cravens
#10-Vernon Hargreaves III
#15-E.J. Levenberry Jr.
#18-Ty Isaac
#22-Adam Breneman
#26-Robert Foster
#27-Ethan Pocic
#34-Jaylon Smith
#43-Henry Poggi
#44-Mike McCray
#62-Peter Kalambayi
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Are these guys that you think we have a shot at? Or that rivals says we have a shot at?

Not trying to pin you down to make a "prediction" just am not in on this type of stuff.

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I think these are guys we have a legit shot at. That comes from everything I've read so far. There's a handful of guys on there that I think UM has a great shot with at this point. You know how recruiting goes though.

In other news LTT will be back on campus this weekend too. His mother is coming with him. Commit watch could be on.

hailtrueblue

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Not going to happen.

I see either of these two scenarios..
QB1: Gardner
QB2: Bellamy
QB3: Morris

Morris doesn't play at all, unless absolutely necessary, to try and keep his redshirt.

Bellamy is the backup, but only in close games (Gardner out due to injury). Morris "jumps" Bellamy and takes the 4th quarter snaps in games that are out of reach.

With Gardner, there is no reason to rush Morris into a starting spot. Plan A gives Morris a year to get stronger and learn the offense while still having 4 years more years. The downside is, when he starts game 1 as a RS freshman, he will have no game experience (hence Plan B).

- Muhammad Ali
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Well, honestly, Gardner hasn't impressed me yet.

I do think he has a wealth of talent but, where is it?

And, do you think he'll get his medical redshirt? If so, he'll have 2 years there with Morris.

Then Morris might Redshirt his Freshman year and be a back-up his redshirt freshman year.?.?.?

All of this is just pure speculation.

hailtrueblue

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

HailToTheVictors! wrote:
Here are a few other recruits to keep an eye on. The 2013 class could be another great class even with less numbers.

#5-Su'a Cravens
#10-Vernon Hargreaves III
#15-E.J. Levenberry Jr.
#18-Ty Isaac
#22-Adam Breneman
#26-Robert Foster
#27-Ethan Pocic
#34-Jaylon Smith
#43-Henry Poggi
#44-Mike McCray
#62-Peter Kalambayi

#3-Laremy Tunsil has Michigan in his top 5 also. Thanks for the list.

- Muhammad Ali
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:39 pm

I think Gardner has stunk in the games he has been in. Hey, stjoe...you can keep that pic or share it with me.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Share it??

http://thechive.com/2012/01/30/mind-your-ps-qs-and-gaps-30-photos/

#14 but it might take you a minute to get there.

Now, no stealin my chicks! lol

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:17 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Share it??

http://thechive.com/2012/01/30/mind-your-ps-qs-and-gaps-30-photos/

#14 but it might take you a minute to get there.

Now, no stealin my chicks! lol

Your chicks? I think not...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 pm

hailtrueblue wrote:
Not going to happen.

I see either of these two scenarios..

Morris doesn't play at all, unless absolutely necessary, to try and keep his redshirt.

Bellamy is the backup, but only in close games (Gardner out due to injury). Morris "jumps" Bellamy and takes the 4th quarter snaps in games that are out of reach.

With Gardner, there is no reason to rush Morris into a starting spot. Plan A gives Morris a year to get stronger and learn the offense while still having 4 years more years. The downside is, when he starts game 1 as a RS freshman, he will have no game experience (hence Plan B).

I have my doubts about DG. But I'd like to thank he'll be 'ready' for the lead after next season. One thing that should help him is - granted he's still around - Fitz will be there to help shoulder some of the burden....or, if we're lucky, it could be some complete badass/monster we get in the next class.

That said, I'm hoping we can RS Morris. I don't think garbage time at the end of the game is very productive in terms of gaining the kid quality experience. Let him take snaps against a D-1 team in practice for a year, then come out his RS Frosh year and have a go. And he won't be perfect still. That RS definitely helps going into the RS Frosh year, but I think it pays the most dividends later on in the career...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com   2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 Prospect Rankings for Rivals.com
Page 1 of 1