Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is a sinking ship

Go down 
+5
umichfaninpa
stjotoo
the artist formally known
joe
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

This is a sinking ship Empty
PostSubject: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 am

What I witnessed in person yesterday was the worst performance by a Michigan team I've ever seen (I wasn't at the MSU game last week, so I can't include that in my list....but I've been to A LOT of games throughout my years on this Earth).

The only game I can even think of that would be anywhere close to yesterday would be the 03 (?) Iowa game when they came to town and blew our asses out 34-9, or something.

I'll say it again: Brady Hoke is not the man to get us back to where we need to be.

You can blame the OC, you can blame a young offensive line, yada yada motherfucking yada.

Those are just excuses. I've never seen a more pathetic showing of player development that what we've seen over the last two seasons. We have literally REGRESSED at every single position, save for Gallon on an individual basis.

I cannot and will not support the logic that Brady deserves a fourth year. I'm sorry folks, but next year's schedule is even worse, and with Hoke at the helm, we may very well see a program regress for a third year in a row.

I used this analogy earlier this week, and I stand by it: when you see a leak in a boat, you don't set sail to the middle of the ocean before you decide to fix it.

YEAR 4: MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 pm

And I'll add this: I really, really hoped that Brady was the guy.

And perhaps I'll be proven wrong. And if I am, I'll
100% man up and admit that. I hope that becomes the case.

But a 14-8 record in our last 22 games (since the beginning of last season), and our inability to even show up for road games leads me to believe otherwise, unfortunately
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:39 pm

You'd better get ready for another mediocre year next year no matter who our coach is.

You think this year's line is bad? We lose Lewan and Schoefield next year.

The offensive line will be a bigger sieve than it is this year. We have no QB. We have no Running backs. We have no receiver behind Funchess. We are in major trouble.

Trust me, regardless of who the coach is we're in for another tough year next year.

Unfortunately, you heard it here first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Yea I'm beginning to see how all those year when MSU were erralavant how they fely . WHEN DOES BB START
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:44 pm

It is not out of the realm of possibility the Michigan can lose its' remaining three games. Two are on the road and Hoke's teams are notoriously poor away from the Big House. And we all know that Urban Meyer will absolutely throw everything at the Blue and run up a big time score (that SOB!). That would be a 6&6 season record and a spot in some toilet bowl. Hoke's teams, in this scenario, would have regressed in each of his three years at Michigan. I feel he should be given some more time rather than drop the axe soon, but the leash should be short. After all, "this is Michigan, fer god's sakes".

I agree with admin that these highly rated recruits and underclassmen, except maybe Gallon, are failing to develop both execution-wise and physically. (Remember Rich Clod bringing in Barwis to develop the team physically?). The failure of the team to develop and execute, I think, is directly proportional to the coaching.

I also was totally embarrassed to be a Michigan fan last Saturday. I cannot remember the last time I heard the playcalling booed in the stadium as it was in the last several minutes of the game. There were two golden opportunities to score TD's late in the game only to come out with zilch!!! Somethin's gotta give!!!
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:19 pm

I think we find a way to win one, I will hope for more!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm

I think we beat Northwestern and Iowa.

I think Ohio beats the living shit out of us. That is not going to be a pretty day.

8-4.

I'm not happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm

We can't beat Nebraska at home w/o their QB and 2 offensive lineman, not to mention shit for defense.....and you think we can beat Iowa & NW away????????????????????????????????????

Okay, I need what you're smokin.

lol
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm

I guess I'm just still optimistic that this team has pride or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:15 pm

No problem with that, Joe. Actually, I hope you're right. Seriously.

I will still be pulling for them myself, AS ALWAYS.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:35 pm

FYI-NW is not really a road game. Probably close to 50% Michigan fans.

We will lose to Iowa. It's on the road people.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Unless there are Olinemen amongst the fans at NW having 50% M fans will do nothing not with the same play calling on offense
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:34 am

I may be quick to pull the plug on Hoke, and perhaps should be more willing to see him get another year.

And Joe, you're 100% correct: next year is going to be rough no matter who the coach is.

I just constantly go back to this staff's inability to develop players, three years of regression and a gross inability to win on the road as reasons for the axe to swing.

If I know we're getting a better staff, I'd be willing to take the lumps next season know that I have more confidence in what would follow in the years after.

I just don't know anymore...Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 11:56 am

I won't start feeling hopeless until I know for sure that SEGROB and KNUF are coming back next year.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Admin wrote:
I may be quick to pull the plug on Hoke, and perhaps should be more willing to see him get another year.

And Joe, you're 100% correct: next year is going to be rough no matter who the coach is.

I just constantly go back to this staff's inability to develop players, three years of regression and a gross inability to win on the road as reasons for the axe to swing.

If I know we're getting a better staff, I'd be willing to take the lumps next season know that I have more confidence in what would follow in the years after.

I just don't know anymore...Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
One of the reasons I'm still hoping Hoke will succeed is that we paid a heavy transition cost (and are still paying) with the last two coaching hires. Lots of attrition and bad classes in 2010 and 2011. Having said that, if we make a change in the next year or two, it might not be as bad, since we presumably won't be going to a radically different style of coach, but there will definitely be a price to pay if we change coaches again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

dwoody wrote:
I won't start feeling hopeless until I know for sure that SEGROB and KNUF are coming back next year.
What? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a sinking ship   This is a sinking ship Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a sinking ship
Page 1 of 1