Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
WillieMfan
uofmchris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
uofmchris

Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  Empty
PostSubject: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am

Just read that Michigan was dropped from his final list.

The kid could have walked into the program and started as a WR with a QB who love throwing the deep ball... Not too sure what he is thinking...

Oh well. Time to step up and put all our attention on Green.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 am

Yea we need Green BUT we also need a plan B on Treadwell. We are hurting in he wr department. I think Darboh will do well but still would like to see a blue chipper at that position.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:34 am

I agree that we need more options at WR, but I think this offense is in desperate need of a 'Brusier' at running back. Green is that guy. Get a 5* running back to pair with our 5* QB and that instantly turns 2* WR's into valuable assets.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am

The one thing missing in you equation is a killer line which we should definitely have. Funchess is also not a bad guy to have either. Still would like to see a wr that can contribute right away.
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am

Yeah, Brady is definitely building that line. Nothing but 4* - 5* for the next few years.

I still dont understand why Funchess wasnt used more this season. He is gonna be amazing.

Who is still out there for grabs (at WR?)
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Well just skimming through Scout I see-

James Quick-5 Star uncommitted but holds an offer from us. Way higher rating than Treadwell. Anyone know anything about his feelings on Michigan?
Marquez North- 4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan. Lower rating than Treadwell but in the same ball park.
Devon Allen-4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan.
John Ross-4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan.

While some of these guys are not as highly rated as Treadwell, they all have impressive offer lists.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 pm

I looked into Quick some more. He's from Kentucky and has Louisville as his favorite. Michigan did offer but it looks like he has no interest.

Not looking good for wr's. a lot of competition for the ones that have not committed.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 pm

WR isn't a position I worry about too much. With a good running game, especially at the college level, you don't need great wide outs. Look at Bama. Their WR's are average to above average. But their OL can dominate and they have two really good RB's.

I like the way Hoke is doing it. Build the lines. Get a stud QB and a highly rated RB and the WR's don't have to be great, just good enough. I also like that he is going for big receivers that can make the jump ball catches, and hopefully make the 1st down catch over the middle.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 12:15 pm

I cant understand why Michigan isnt in the hunt for more elite WR. Prostyle offense will officially be implemented and we have a proven QB who can throw the ball with accuracy. Oh, and did I mention IT'S MICHIGAN FER GOD's SAKE?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:05 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
WR isn't a position I worry about too much. With a good running game, especially at the college level, you don't need great wide outs. Look at Bama. Their WR's are average to above average. But their OL can dominate and they have two really good RB's.

I like the way Hoke is doing it. Build the lines. Get a stud QB and a highly rated RB and the WR's don't have to be great, just good enough. I also like that he is going for big receivers that can make the jump ball catches, and hopefully make the 1st down catch over the middle.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I will only add that we are about to have our second straight top-5 class. Are we really going to complain that our classes aren't loaded at EVERY single position on the field. If we get Green, we'll be loaded at every other position on offense, and I agree that WR is the one I'd sacrifice out of all the others.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Well just skimming through Scout I see-

James Quick-5 Star uncommitted but holds an offer from us. Way higher rating than Treadwell. Anyone know anything about his feelings on Michigan?
Marquez North- 4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan. Lower rating than Treadwell but in the same ball park.
Devon Allen-4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan.
John Ross-4 star Uncommited but holds an offer from Michigan.

While some of these guys are not as highly rated as Treadwell, they all have impressive offer lists.

Wasn't someone on here a couple/few months back, talking about how they were at an alumni function in Arizona....Hoke was there. The poster said they had spoken to Hoke, and asked specifically about the recruiting the WR position. The poster made it sound like Hoke was hinting very hard that this Devon Allen kid would end blue?

Anyone else remember this?

I'll try and find the post. If I can, I'll repost in this thread.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Look for Darboh to fill the void next year. This off of Gardner's Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/TWSRwnTVHF/

I am not sure why he did not get PT this year but I keep reading big things about him.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:05 am

Some information from Mike Farrell of Rival on Treadwell's recruitment:

" Speaking of the Sooners, it's good news they got the nation's No. 1 wide receiver Laquon Treadwell to visit, but it's bad news that his mom didn't come with him. His mom is a huge part of this process and a big reason why Ole Miss has the edge. I'm a bit surprised however that the Crete (Ill.) Crete Monee wideout dropped Michigan altogether. I know the Wolverines were fading, but I really thought the Wolverines would still be a player until the end. Now it seems Ole Miss will be hard to beat with Oklahoma State left in his final three. If mom doesn't make that trip, the nation's No. 1 receiver could join the nation's No. 1 overall player in Oxford."
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 pm

WR I see darboh and maybe even hayes gettin some time at WR also would not be shocked if they use Norfleet in some sets. With his speed and if Gardner gets the ball deep that would be a dangerous issue for defenses.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

But apparently Norfleet is moving to CB (at least for the Bowl game, maybe longer).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...    Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Treadwell out. Sorry if this is ''Titanic Sinking'' news...
Page 1 of 1