Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT - How good will MSU be next year?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

OT - How good will MSU be next year? Empty
PostSubject: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:11 pm

For the last couple of years, looking at MSUs roster, I've thought this season would be their pinnacle. They've got a bunch of guys on defense who have been three-year starters. They have six senior starters on defense, and Bullough and Dennard, in particular, are special players relative to Big Ten competition. They also have three senior offensive line starters. It's also been a couple of years now that Hoke, Meyer and Kelly have been cleaning up on recruiting in the Midwest. They're due for a step back next year. Once again, they have a favorable Big Ten schedule with UofM, OSU and Nebraska all at home, and no Wisconsin again, so that helps them, but I think they're looking at 7 or 8 wins. I think Dantonio and Narduzzi are good coaches, so I don't think they're going to fall apart, but I don't expect to see any more 11 win seasons (including bowl games) out of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Well, according to Vegas on the mlive forum they're not gonna be shit. (chuckle)

And we know how well Vegas & his predictions are, right shoes??

For those of you who don't know him..... lets just say he's batting well under 500! lol
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Think just the fact that Bullough is graduating will be a big deal. and the Denard will be gone so may have to play less man to man, and more zone. Think theie offense may be better though so will be somewhat the same I do not see them running the table in the BIG again. 9-3 would be safe.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:15 pm

A lot of people said they would struggle this year without Leveon Bell. Until they screw up I'll assume they will be good especially on defense because their coaches seem to recruit guys that fit what they want to do. Cook should be better next year too.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:25 pm

BillMFan wrote:
Well, according to Vegas on the mlive forum they're not gonna be shit. (chuckle)

And we know how well Vegas & his predictions are, right shoes??

For those of you who don't know him..... lets just say he's batting well under 500! lol

Oh, I remember him, he's one of the main reasons I stopped posting there after posting there for years. He's probably second only to AZ for ruining mlive.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 pm

wshoes wrote:
A lot of people said they would struggle this year without Leveon Bell. Until they screw up I'll assume they will be good especially on defense because their coaches seem to recruit guys that fit what they want to do. Cook should be better next year too.

'shoes

This. They seem to just be able to plug in new guys and don't skip a beat.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 5:13 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes

This.  They seem to just be able to plug in new guys and don't skip a beat.

Well, they weren't just able to plug guys in for the 2012 season. That was a year when they lost a ton on offense, like they are losing on defense this year, and their offense was a joke last year. I just don't think they're the machine people are starting to give them credit for being. I'm very interested to see next year's team, if they get to double digit wins again, I'll have to eat my words, but I don't see it happening. I think they had a special group on defense for three years, and now a bunch of them are graduating. Still think they'll be good, but a significant step down.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Admittedly I only care about how they do vs. us. In 2012 we couldn't score a TD on them. Yes we won but they held our offense in check. That team lost 90% of their offense when they lost their starting RB and tE. They also lost Gholston and I believe a d-linemen. Many, including me thought they were done competing in the B1G.

We all know how that worked out. I will not look past MSU as long as Dantonio and Narduzzi are at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - How good will MSU be next year?   OT - How good will MSU be next year? Empty

Back to top Go down

OT - How good will MSU be next year?
Page 1 of 1