Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits

Go down 
+9
Admin
dwoody
joe
wshoes
hailtoyourvictor
jjabilene
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
booboo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits Empty
PostSubject: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 11:40 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/12/reports_five-star_2015_wr_geor.html

M takes another hit when Campell decommits. He says M will stay in picture. 1st Hand signs with Bama, now this. Opinions??
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:12 am

Damien Harris also tweeted something hinting to a 'tough decision coming'. I would count him out as well.

These recruits are salivating over Michigan's 7-5 seasons and clueless coaches. Come to Michigan and lose to O$U and Michigan State, and finish 5th in the division.

But hey, at least Jeremy Gallon had a great career...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 8:03 am

Not surprised.  Harris is probably out.  He saw Green and Smith barely get touches and then the new RB that was there this weekend may commit so he is probably looking for more pt as a frosh.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:26 am

Kind of a bummer, but there is still a ton of time left for the 2015 class.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 am

EJinGA wrote:
Damien Harris also tweeted something hinting to a 'tough decision coming'. I would count him out as well.

These recruits are salivating over Michigan's 7-5 seasons and clueless coaches. Come to Michigan and lose to O$U and Michigan State, and finish 5th in the division.

But hey, at least Jeremy Gallon had a great career...

Dude, I'm just as pissed as you are about going 7-5 and losing elite recruits. That does not mean I can't be happy for a WR that did play his ass off for Michigan and has had a historic season. It isn't Gallon's fault that Hoke disappointed this season, it isn't Gallon's fault that Hand committed to Alabama, and it isn't Gallon's fault that George Campbell de-committed.

Is it really that wrong for a Michigan fan to be excited about a Michigan playing having a historic year? Give it a rest.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Winning is the key. Hoke wasn't recruiting 4 and 5 stars to Ball State and SDSU because recruits thought he was a good guy. He has been successful recruiting at Michigan because it's Michigan and there was the promise of a return to glory. After his first season that promise was highly believable. As the losses have mounted it becomes more uncertain.

2014 is critical for him and for us- not because Brandon may fire him if we go 7-5 again, he might not, but because recruiting WILL start to decline because the promise won't seem legitimate.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Mean while, O$U keeps raking in the 4 star recruits, while we get decommits...
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 9:43 am

Sam Webb says he talked to Harris's mother (who has done a lot of the talking for him) yesterday and came away feeling that there is no reason to worry more about losing Harris than any other recruit 14 months before signing day. FWIW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

booboo wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/12/reports_five-star_2015_wr_geor.html

M takes another hit when Campell decommits. He says M will stay in picture. 1st Hand signs with Bama, now this. Opinions??

Wouldn't be surprised if he recommits at some point. The kid is what, a Soph. (if my calculations are right) in HS? I would guess he wants to experience the recruiting process and visit other schools w/o feeling the pressure from Michigan because he's committed to them.

The fact he committed so early I would say is a good sign...........means he really likes UM IMO.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:52 am

Ultimately, if a player doesn't want to come to Michigan 100% I would rather he didn't come.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am

The obvious problem is that a lot of these recruits are so young. Commit is the wrong word to use when talking about where a kid in his first or second year of high school thinks he might want to someday play college football. Some of these kids have only one or two years of varsity experience. I think it's stupid to talk about commits until their senior year, when LOIs get signed.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:18 am

BillMFan wrote:
booboo wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if he recommits at some point. The kid is what, a Soph. (if my calculations are right) in HS? I would guess he wants to experience the recruiting process and visit other schools w/o feeling the pressure from Michigan because he's committed to them.

The fact he committed so early I would say is a good sign...........means he really likes UM IMO.

He's a junior.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 am

Problem is, what you and I think means nothing.

And it's getting (gotten) worse with the WWW.

Us old fuckers complaining about it isn't gonna change it ya know? lol

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:09 am

Didn't see this until now.

Are we ever going to have an elite WR again?

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Drake Harris has elite potential

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:36 pm

And Freddy Canteen.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Just thought I'd mention that Bama offered GC today. it's early but I really think he could end up at UM. I also firmly believe that he will be directly swayed by UMs offense next year.

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Just thought I'd mention that Bama offered GC today. it's early but I really think he could end up at UM. I also firmly believe that he will be directly swayed by UMs offense next year.

Or Michigan will have another shitty season and miss out on him all together... They got LUCKY with Peppers, and will not get kids like this untill they can really start winning. Bama offers, Bama will get him.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

EJinGA wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Or Michigan will have another shitty season and miss out on him all together... They got LUCKY with Peppers, and will not get kids like this untill they can really start winning. Bama offers, Bama will get him.

I don't think it's fair to say they got lucky with Peppers. Michigan still has a great reputation. However, if recruits are going to continue buying what Hoke is selling, they definitely have to start showing improvement on field. NOW.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 pm

EJinGA wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I agree.

Signed,
Derrick Green and Ondre Pipkins
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 pm

jjabilene wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say they got lucky with Peppers. Michigan still has a great reputation. However, if recruits are going to continue buying what Hoke is selling, they definitely have to start showing improvement on field. NOW.

Absolutely. You can only play the "we are bringing Michigan back to glory" card for so long before recruits are going to start raising an eyebrow. This is a make or break year, IMO.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:53 pm

EJinGA wrote:
...They got LUCKY with Peppers...

Can't use Peppers as an example here. He grew up a Michigan fan. I get your point though.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:12 pm

yea well we'll see how many guys like sitting before they play, competition is good till your a fifth year season waiting your turn

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 pm

If you're still "waiting your turn" in your fifth year I've got bad news for ya.

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:23 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
...They got LUCKY with Peppers...

Can't use Peppers as an example here. He grew up a Michigan fan. I get your point though.

Ok, Michigan is lucky that Peppers grew up a Michigan fan. Smile

Seriously though, I think if Peppers has a lot of early success, it will be great for recruiting in the future. He will be a big fish in a small pond.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 am

Think we need 9 wins in 2014 to keep recruiting momentum going. As much as people bitch about Notre Dame, I think RR's 2 wins and Hoke's 2 wins over them in highly exciting games all of which were among the most watched games of the season, did a lot to keep us in recruits minds.

I still think we are going to miss having that game as an early season jewel in the college football season.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:31 pm

wshoes wrote:
Think we need 9 wins in 2014 to keep recruiting momentum going. As much as people bitch about Notre  Dame, I think  RR's 2 wins and Hoke's 2 wins over them in highly exciting games all of which were among the most watched games of the season, did a lot to keep us in recruits minds.

I still think we are going to miss having that game as an early season jewel in the college football season.

'shoes

They're going to have to pull off some serious road upsets to get to 9 wins...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

EJinGA wrote:
...They're going to have to pull off some serious road upsets to get to 9 wins...

I'm not sure what I'm expecting just yet but let's wait and see how the offense looks after a game or two. Get a few games under our belt and get comfortable in the new O and before you know it we're racking up wins and we're back to being favorites on the road.

ok homer post over.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 2:33 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
...They're going to have to pull off some serious road upsets to get to 9 wins...

I'm not sure what I'm expecting just yet but let's wait and see how the offense looks after a game or two. Get a few games under our belt and get comfortable in the new O and before you know it we're racking up wins and we're back to being favorites on the road.

ok homer post over.

LOL +3

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:59 pm

EJinGA wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Think we need 9 wins in 2014 to keep recruiting momentum going. As much as people bitch about Notre  Dame, I think  RR's 2 wins and Hoke's 2 wins over them in highly exciting games all of which were among the most watched games of the season, did a lot to keep us in recruits minds.

'shoes

They're going to have to pull off some serious road upsets to get to 9 wins...

Yes indeed. I really, really, really wish we didn't have the road schedule we have going into next year. The deck is stacked against Hoke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits   George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits Empty

Back to top Go down

George Campell, 5 star WR, class of 2015 decommits
Page 1 of 1