Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR

Go down 
+2
ThatGuy
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR Empty
PostSubject: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

George Campbell.

GO BLUE.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Same thing from Scout.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=6205724

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 7:18 pm

it was a done deal a long time ago IMO but when Artavis Scott picked Clemson I got worried. I cant imagine the Florida message boards right now. They have been vicious toward any UM fan that has even hinted that Campbell would pick UM over Florida.

Campbell currently the #1 athlete and the #3 overall player in the 2015 class.

WOW!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 pm

This was a pic from a long time ago so the writing has been on the wall for a while.

TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR Gc_um10

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Wowwwww.

Michigan's past 2 offensive line classes were the best classes in the nation. By the time they are are juniors are seniors we will have Shane Morris (#3 QB in 2013 class) at QB, Derrick Green (#1 RB in 2013 class) at RB, Drake Harris (#5 WR of 2014 class) at WR, and George Campbell (#1 WR of 2015 class) at WR.

I'd be shocked if Jayru Campbell isn't a 5* and he plays for Michigan pipeline Cass Tech. I'm sure he will hear about the potential of throwing to Campbell and Harris.

It sure is fun being a Wolverine fan.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

I mean seriously. Derrick Green, Jabrill Peppers, George Campbell....... all top 10 recruits. One from Virginia, one from New Jersey, one from Florida.

The best thing about these kids is that they see through the lies and b/s that Saban, Meyer, etc. are feeding them and realize the atmosphere and "family" aspect they will get at Michigan.

I love it.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:41 pm

With Michigan's no-visit policy for committed prospects, Campbell says that won't be an issue with him.

"I'm committed to Michigan and that's final," he said.

LOVE!

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Check out 1:03. He is listed between 6'3 and 6'5 and he ran a 4.36? That is going to be sick.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9482713

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:46 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...I'd be shocked if Jayru Campbell isn't a 5* and he plays for Michigan pipeline Cass Tech...

Jayru may not even get an offer. He's like #7 on their offer list right now for his class. With Hoke getting the QBs they want I'd be surprised to see them take more than one per class. As it stands right now I would not be surprised to see Jayru at another school. That's a bummer but with Hoke getting top tier targets it's understandable.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 pm

BTW I forgot to put in my previous posts just how much of a shock Campbell's commitment is. NOBODY knew or even thought this was going to happen. This will probably be the most out-of-left-field commit in that entire class. Now we need Hand or Fournette to commit tomorrow ha ha!

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:26 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...I'd be shocked if Jayru Campbell isn't a 5* and he plays for Michigan pipeline Cass Tech...

Jayru may not even get an offer. He's like #7 on their offer list right now for his class. With Hoke getting the QBs they want I'd be surprised to see them take more than one per class. As it stands right now I would not be surprised to see Jayru at another school. That's a bummer but with Hoke getting top tier targets it's understandable.

What makes you think Jayru won't be a top 5 QB? As a freshman and sophomore he led Cass Tech to state titles. He already has offers from Alabama and Notre Dame. I don't follow football recruiting as much as you, so if there something about Campbell I don't know? A 6'3 175 pound frame leading a Division 1 HS to back to back state championships deserves more than "7th" on their offer list, IMO.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:14 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

What makes you think Jayru won't be a top 5 QB? As a freshman and sophomore he led Cass Tech to state titles. He already has offers from Alabama and Notre Dame. I don't follow football recruiting as much as you, so if there something about Campbell I don't know? A 6'3 175 pound frame leading a Division 1 HS to back to back state championships deserves more than "7th" on their offer list, IMO.

Jayru is going to be highly rated QB when it's all said and done. He may be a top 3 dual threat QB but I think he'll end up a solid 4*, probably just shy of a 5*. He's going to be a highly sought after recruit but he may not end up at UM because they are going after "bigger" fish. I can tell you that UM's top targets at this point in order are definitely:

1. Josh Rosen
T2. Kevin Dillman
T2. Kyle Kearns

after reading what I have and hearing the few sound bites that I have it almost feels like Josh Rosen or bust but it's so early right now that I find that hard to believe. By the way, all the guys on the list above are all pro passers.

Other pro passers on the list rated higher than Jayru are David Edwards, Ricky Town, Zack Gentry, Brett Brumbaugh and Jack Beneventi.

Other dual threats that are on Michigan's radar at this point that are higher rated than Jayru are Sheriron Jones, Brandon Wimbush, Cinjun Erskine and Anthony Ratliff.

the 2015 QB class is LOADED. Any other year Jayru could be one of our top three targets overall. Because of the depth of the 2015 QB class and the last two QBs that we took Jayru may get lost in the shuffle a bit. Sucks but it's the reality.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 pm

did you see his first step. Those other two had no chance. I want to see him race Peppers

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Sandy, who is Jacques Patrick? Campbell tweeted him "you might as well come to Michigan now too" and Patrick responded "probably not a bad idea #GoBlue"

Probably doesn't mean much at all, but still curious as to who he is.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Jacques is a RB from Florida in the 2015 class. He's one of our top RB targets for next year.

Like I've said before there is a real chance that we don't take an RB this year so I really think we're in line for two next year. With Campbell recruiting Florida for us that could help us a lot with him. I know our coaches have been in to see him a few times this last year but at this point I think UF or FSU are the guys to beat. It's just so early right now though to even speculate who a leader is because from what I know he doesn't have any ties to either.

I think O$U is recruiting him also.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...Other pro passers on the list rated higher than Jayru are David Edwards, Ricky Town, Zack Gentry, Brett Brumbaugh and Jack Beneventi...

This weekend at the BBQ the coaches told Edwards they are recruiting him at QB, TE, DE and OT. yep you just read that right.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:48 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This weekend at the BBQ the coaches told Edwards they are recruiting him at QB, TE, DE and OT. yep you just read that right.

Wow, how big is this guy?  If I remember right, John Navarre was recruited as a DE by Wisconsin, so it isn't really that out of the left field, but it is rare.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
did you see his first step. Those other two had no chance. I want to see him race Peppers

Exactly. He had them both feet five yards into the race.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:07 pm

To be fair, the guy on the far right closed on him by the 40 yard mark. If you watch closely, the two finished a lot closer than they started.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Wow, how big is this guy?  If I remember right, John Navarre was recruited as a DE by Wisconsin, so it isn't really that out of the left field, but it is rare.

I know he's 6'6" but I believe he's only about 230lbs right now. He's just being recruited as an athlete right now. with our class being small next year I can't see him at TE because I think we get Tyrone Wheatly JR there. OT is going to be a very elite offer list so I don't see him there. I don't now how good of a DE he is so I can't make a prediction. if I had to make a guess I'd say if he commits it will be as a QB.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Watching his videos, I see what his scouting reports are talking about when they say he sometimes "fights the ball". He is unsure of his hands, which I hope is something he can work on. There is no question that he is extremely fast and athletic with good size, but living up by Minnesota, I am all too familiar with how much more important hands are than speed.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:46 am

True- size and speed are great because the other things can be worked on but when it comes to a wide receiver I care about two things- Can he catch and can he get open? Jerry Rice had neither elite size nor speed.

Having speed and hands is great- Anthony Carter was fast with great hands but small. Braylon was big and fast but his hands were unreliable.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

wshoes wrote:
Braylon was big and fast but his hands were unreliable.

'shoes

Besides John Navarre, I don't know if I've experienced a love/hate relationship as significant as the one I had for Braylon Edwards.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR   TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR Empty

Back to top Go down

TomVH reporting that UM has landed 5 star 2015 WR
Page 1 of 1