Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last night's hockey game was infuriating

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Last night's hockey game was infuriating  Empty
PostSubject: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Up 2-0, just to allow 3 straight goals to those bastards and lose.

Pretty sure they got two of those on the PP, which, according to the announcers, Michigan had shut down 26 consecutive times.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect us to stonewall every PP there is...but we just didn't look in sync.

Also, in the 3rd, the announcer even made a comment about effort. I'm not dogging us and saying we weren't working hard, but Sparty was definitely working HARDER.

What made last night even worse, hockey-wise, was right after the Michigan game, I flipped on my Blackhawks just to see us get fucking destroyed again, losing our 8th straight game (7 or 8.)

Hockey just isn't going well for me right now, and I woke up this morning more than a little pissed.

Michigan needs to go to the Joe tonight and destroy that shit team. Put that Kruga guy on his back/in the boards early and often.

Ugh. Not the mood I wanted to wake up with on Saturday morning.

I think I'm going to watch The Hunt for Red October. Nothing more calming the voice of Sean Connery lol!

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 pm

I wa watching and they were up 2-0 started watchung the Wings and turned on between periods and it was 2-1 on a shot from thepoint that somehow got thru. next i turn it on again they are down 3-2 i say WTF they shouldn't even compete with Mich wth .

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Like I've always said, sparty plays hard (and dirty, although last night was a clean game) against Big'Brother. They have a major chip on their shoulder because Michigan didn't want them.

Hockey is also a sport where, despite talent discrepancies, anyone can win on any day/night.

But yes, sparty got their last two goals on the Power Play. Also kind of funny that sparty had 6 Power Plays to our 3 (and all 3 of those penalties came within the last 4 minutes of their given period). The ice is pretty rough at that point in the period making it more difficult to pass/shoot effectively. All of spartys Power-Plays (6) came earlier during the period, none past the 12:43 mark in the period.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mich/sports/m-hockey/auto_pdf/2011-12/box_score/stats_20120210aaa.pdf

I'm not making excuses, just sayin'...Mad

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
shockjoc

PostSubject: Re: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

I know- it was frustrating the way they played that 3rd period. Blew an opportunity to keep the CCHA race close.

Go Blue - BEAT sparty tonight!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 pm

shockjoc wrote:
I know- it was frustrating the way they played that 3rd period. Blew an opportunity to keep the CCHA race close.

Go Blue - BEAT sparty tonight!!

Well, 7 of the top 10 teams in the country lost last night. Last nights loss only took us down to 6th in the PWR. Unfortunately 1 of those 3 top 10 teams that won was Ferris. It's also not the best that Western Michigan won last night. They are no where near Michigan in the PWR but they are ahead of Michigan in the CCHA standings.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last night's hockey game was infuriating    Last night's hockey game was infuriating  Empty

Back to top Go down

Last night's hockey game was infuriating
Page 1 of 1