Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

McGary red shirt?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 11:40 pm

I realize he would never stay long enough for this to be relevant, but could MMcG be eligible for a med red? He did not play in many non-league games.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 am

Yes. It is 30% or less of the teams games. McGary has played 8 games and Michigan is slated to play at least 31 games this year. He would be allowed to play in 9 games.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:56 am

As you say, it's irrelevant. If he stays, he would only stay one more year max.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 1:51 pm

dwoody wrote:
I realize he would never stay long enough for this to be relevant, but could MMcG be eligible for a med red? He did not play in many non-league games.

Ok this might be the first mention ever on this board of McGary returning for another year. I think it's more of a questions rather than as a topic of debate. Regardless, I'm going to give dwoody major props next year if McGary decides to return but in all fairness Hail had a post this morning that actually predicts a return so his post would deserve a bit more props.  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:04 pm

McG will have to come back next year to prove he recovered from surgery. There is no way he is a lottery pick coming off an season of relatively little play (and while injured) followed by back surgery.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

I think it is a coin flip.

Why return?
-He was projected to be a lottery pick, but dropped to the 20s after a mediocre season to date. H
-His stock takes a huge hit due to the injury.
-This NBA draft class is loaded. The lottery is more loaded than any class since the LeBron draft. It would be much easier to get into next year's lottery than this year's.

Why leave?
-Age. McGary is already the age of NCAA juniors. A lot of players entering the draft in 18 months would be 2-3 years younger than McGary making them more worth investments.
-Advice. It all shakes down to what he hears from the draft advisory board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

McGary red shirt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: McGary red shirt?   McGary red shirt? Empty

Back to top Go down

McGary red shirt?
Page 1 of 1