Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basketball Red Shirt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Basketball Red Shirt Empty
PostSubject: Basketball Red Shirt   Basketball Red Shirt EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 1:21 pm

Talk about the height of stupidity!!!

Earlier this week I think there was a proposal to the NCAA to allow BB players to play in 4 games and not burn a redshirt. The NCAA turned it down with little discussion.

Currently in basketball there is the same old rule that if you play in 1 play you burn the redshirt. Football changed it 5 years ago or so. Football has 4 out of 12 games or 33%. Basketball has nothing. If you went with 33% it would be about 12-14 games. Even if you only give them 4 games...... They get none.

This discussion took place because Michigan had 2 games postponed because they did not have 7 players. We have Will Schetter and Isaiah Barnes who are redshirting. They are both healthy. If they were allowed to play in even 4 games we could have played both those games. What is interesting is that the NCAA will even allow you to keep those guys back. I would think they would make you burn them immediately.

Anyway, the non-redshirt rule in Basketball is idiotic.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Red Shirt   Basketball Red Shirt EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 4:40 pm

Interesting. I wonder what the logic is?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Red Shirt   Basketball Red Shirt EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

All I can think is they wish they had not given it to football players and so they nipped this one in the bud.

Could you imagine if they went back and said We changed our minds about the 4 thing. We are changing it back to the way it was? Yeah, no fucking way.

I am most likely wrong but looking for a logical answer.

Edit..... I searched it and could not zoom in on any of the results. They were all from July of last year 2021 and they were talking about how the red shirt rule was about to change to be like football. Obviously that did not come to fruition.

There is a new article about the Atlantic 10 conference I think this is the proposition that I am talking about that got shot down.

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/operations/programming/article/15287333/atlantic-10-seeks-redshirt-waiver-to-bolster-thin-rosters

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Red Shirt   Basketball Red Shirt EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 1:25 am

i read somewhere a while back that they weren't going to address this because of the extra covid year. After all players have exhausted their covid year the ncaa will go back and look into this.

that's just what I read a while back. Like a year ago.

joe and dwoody like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basketball Red Shirt   Basketball Red Shirt Empty

Back to top Go down

Basketball Red Shirt
Page 1 of 1