Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?

Go down 
+3
michmike
fishgoblue22
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? Empty
PostSubject: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 pm

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-basketball/2014/01/24/michigans-john-beilein-early-favorite-for-national-coy/

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:25 am

Well, he spelled Fisher wrong.  Should I read the rest?  Fisher is my last name and it bugs me when people spell is Fischer.

Good read.  I agree with it.  Man I hope UM can pull the upset tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:41 am

Yeah, I would say read it, fish. Other than the name spelling, it's a good read. Guy makes some good points about JB and he's a sparty, no less.

Thanks for posting, joe.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:52 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

To tell you the truth, all, I'm kinda tired of hearing that word.  We weren't "upset" winners at all at Wisky or over Iowa: the better team (on the court that night) won, pure and simple. We didn't need any last-second mid-court heaves to BRUST the other team's bubble, nor did we lose any of our MARBLES with lucky shots by the other guy...(had to throw those two in...you know me).

I'll say it again: the better team won at Wisconsin 1/18, and over Iowa 1/22. Now of course if we prove to be the better team tonight, Drew Sharp will pin it on all injuries to Dawson and Payne. (Sharp being too dull (damn, there I go again) to realize injuries are part of the game---including idiotic "self-inflicted" injuries).

Any of you wonder if Izzo boy will order mink upholstery to pad all the tables and chairs in his meeting rooms????
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Hmmm   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:25 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Well, he spelled Fisher wrong.  Should I read the rest?  Fisher is my last name and it bugs me when people spell is Fischer.

I see your chagrin

However

I had 2 friends in high school that both spelled it with a C. I've seen both. See, I live with people not being able to spell my last name so it rolls off my back.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:04 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
It has been fun to watch this year.  Morgan and Horford have really stepped up in McGary's absense.  Walton is starting to get a good feel for the college game.  And Stouskas, wow, he should be mentioned in the conversation for B1G player of the year.

Neutral 
My work isn't published.  Also, I find it a bit scary that you were able to pull up a misspelling of mine that quickly.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 pm

It's not hard, you misspell it every time you write his name. Even after being corrected, you still misspell it. Doesn't make sense to me.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Maybe he doesn't really care?????

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Pride comes from doing things the right way.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:38 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
It's not hard, you misspell it every time you write his name. Even after being corrected, you still misspell it. Doesn't make sense to me.
Again, is my shit published?  Who gives a crap if you misspell a name on a forum.  If you a a writer, writing for a publication or a blog and you want to be taken seriously, do your fucking homework.  He misspelled Fisher more than once in the story.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:46 pm

You didn't just call out the writer, you called out anyone who spells your last name wrong.

"Fisher is my last name and it bugs me when people spell is Fischer."

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 pm

joe wrote:
Maybe he doesn't really care?????

Which is fine, but then don't complain when others misspell names.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 pm

We
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
You didn't just call out the writer, you called out anyone who spells your last name wrong.

"Fisher is my last name and it bugs me when people spell is Fischer."
Wow. Next time I spell Nik's name wrong and he sees it I will apologize.  Now stop responding about this because you are acting like you need to defend a UM player like I insalted you personally.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:29 pm

He has to be in serious contention for COY at this point.

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Well deserved IMO. VERY well deserved.

Guy's a class act, too.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Back to Beilein, I have never seen him get as annotated as he did tonight.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Does anyone know what set it off? I realize the reffing was trash (wow, that "jumpball" call vs Spike was sickening), but what play was the straw that broke the Camel's back?

Also, did anyone else see LeVert get cheap-shotted? It was the play him and Harris were both hurt. I think Trice hit him in the junk.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:55 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Does anyone know what set it off? I realize the reffing was trash (wow, that "jumpball" call vs Spike was sickening), but what play was the straw that broke the Camel's back?

Also, did anyone else see LeVert get cheap-shotted? It was the play him and Harris were both hurt. I think Trice hit him in the junk.

IMO it was the Stauskas 3 at 60-60 then followed up by the Walton 3pt play.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:04 pm

No, no..

I'm talking about when he almost got T'd up when Michigan was down 2 (I believe?). Stauskas had to hold him back.... I'm actually surprised he didn't get a T.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:07 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
No, no..

I'm talking about when he almost got T'd up when Michigan was down 2 (I believe?). Stauskas had to hold him back.... I'm actually surprised he didn't get a T.

I think it was timeout that the refs thought that UM called. Beilein was mad because he said they didn't call a timeout. He was right and they got the timeout back. I think that is what happened. I was too busy pacing though so don't quote me.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I think the annotated Beilein is only in the teacher's edition.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:12 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
No, no..

I think it was timeout that the refs thought that UM called. Beilein was mad because he said they didn't call a timeout. He was right and they got the timeout back. I think that is what happened. I was too busy pacing though so don't quote me.

That's what it looked like to me though I'm guessing it was a bit of a cumulative effect thing.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:38 am

dwoody
Quote :
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I think the annotated Beilein is only in the teacher's edition.
Not sure how annotated came up.  I must have misspelled animated and autocorrect got me.  Man I guess hail is right, I can't spell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?   Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Beilein the best THIS YEAR?
Page 1 of 1