Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R

Go down 
+3
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
EJinGA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R Empty
PostSubject: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Could he be Michigan bound?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Wow. That would be something.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:22 pm

They are making a push for Rosen as well. This doesn't put Mich in the driver's seat by any means, in fact I think Mich is definitely one of the programs on the outside looking in but still, I think this one gets interesting.

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:36 pm

I have seen a lot of offers to 2015 QB's.. At least 3 I believe. Could be a matter of who commits first.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:42 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I have seen a lot of offers to 2015 QB's.. At least 3 I believe.  Could be a matter of who commits first.

Great point here. Maybe Rosen sniffing on Michigan forced Town's hand? He committed to Nussmeier I believe, so it only makes sense that Michigan should be an immediate favorite for the moment.

Morris/Speight/Town or Rosen would be a great problem to have.

Last edited by EJinGA on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm guessing Town goes to USC.

Not really out on a limb though.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:16 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I have seen a lot of offers to 2015 QB's.. At least 3 I believe.  Could be a matter of who commits first.

I wrote up a long detailed response to this and then my laptop died. Forgot to plug it in  Rolling Eyes 

Anyway, the short response...

This isn't the 2014 class. The thought is that the 2014 class was not as abundant in talent and we only had three targets and the first to commit essentially closed the door to the others hence the reason we have Speight instead of Cornwell.

The 2015 class is loaded at QB talent. IMO there are a dozen + viable options. I think this becomes a wait-and-see position for us. Yes we have four or five offers out right now but not all of them may be committable at this point (pure speculation on my part). I think Nuss leaving Bama and coming to UM really shook up the QB recruiting for the nation. First Rosen is open to UM and now Town decommits from Bama. Things are going to get interesting at the QB position for the 2015 class.

One thing to remember is the fact that we didn't take a QB in the 2012 class and that really came back to hurt us because we had no depth past Bellomy and had to burn Shane's RS.

The 2015 class is going to be another small one but I really feel that we take two RBs and two DEs. That won't be the case for QB so IMO, the staff will sit back and watch these QBa and watch how the recruiting shapes up before they let one commit. That said, IMO there are three QBs of the dozen or so they are interested in that they let commit on the spot. Just my gut feeling though.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Ricky Town's highlight tape should make all of you old-school Michigan fans drool at the mouth. Most high ranked HS quarterbacks are going to look like stars in their film, but a lot of times a big part of that is their athleticism but that's not what I want to see.

I want to see a QB with elite pocket presence, poise, elite footwork, and an elite release. I want to see a QB who steps up into the pocket rather than leaving the pocket. Those QBs have potential to be special. Look at some of the best QBs to ever play the game... Brady, Manning, Marino, etc. etc.... They were all fearless in the pocket.

Ricky Town has that. Town is an elite recruit, so I'm willing to bet he is one of the more athletic players on the field at any given time. However, he never relies on this athleticism. He relies on his arm.

I posted this a few weeks ago, it seems fitting to post again.

"Scouting Report

'The first thing that sticks out when watching the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Town is just how comfortable he is playing the position. He's in complete command on the field, shows an advanced understanding as has as good of quarterback feel as possible at a young age. The game moves slow for Town whether the pocket is perfect, or he is under duress. There is nothing rushed or a look of being flustered when the pocket collapses, but only a calm demeanor with an understanding of always knowing where his check-down or hot is located. Town also plays in a multiple offense, playing both under center and in the shotgun and is an advanced ball-handler. A pure pro-style signal caller, he does a good job of playing with active feet in the pocket and moving/sliding to create windows. His accuracy is also top-notch, he sees the entire field with the eyes down the field when flushed and playing on the move. Simply put, Town makes the tough throws look simple, and the simple throws look the same. He also has a quick arm. While the elbow can be low at times, he has the ability to change arm angles/release points when forced to -- and still throws an accurate and catchable ball. Town also hides his arm strength, only brining out velocity throws when forced to. Because he has such feel and an understanding, he isn't always looking to make the most difficult throw with tightly closing windows that forces maximum velocity. That also helps create an advanced and natural ability to make accurate throws on rolls out going left or right.' – Gerry Hamilton, National Scouting Director, 247Sports "

Now read it again, but replace Town's name with "Brady" and see how smoothly it reads.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 6:51 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
...I want to see a QB with elite pocket presence, poise, elite footwork, and an elite release. I want to see a QB who steps up into the pocket rather than leaving the pocket...

We have that already. His name is Sugar Shane Morris.

The only better than one elite QB is two.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Look I want to believe in Morris but other than looking good at camps, what has he really done?

Here are his high school stats:

290 568 3762 .511 42 TDS 21 INTS

Most (nearly all) pro style QB prospects lit it up in High school. He looks the part but I haven't seen it yet.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:59 pm

wshoes wrote:
Look I want to believe in Morris but other than looking good at camps, what has he really done?

Most (nearly all) pro style QB prospects lit it up in High school. He looks the part but I haven't seen it yet.

'shoes

I give him a pass in HS because he got sick and was out most of his senior year which was the year that he was really gearing up to look special.

He didn't impress much in the bowl game but then again, how much of the book do you think they opened for him. Plus our O line was the worst it has been in recent Michigan history.

I will say this and probably catch hell for it but I truly believe that given the right circumstances and surroundings Shane could have been as impressive his freshman year as Henne was in his. Chad had a line and the best WR in the nation. Let Shane play a bunch of cup cakes his first few games and let him get that confidence like Chad did and I think you would see it too.

Ok now let me have it.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:17 pm

I really don't have any hopes of this kid coming to Michigan.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:47 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes

I give him a pass in HS because he got sick and was out most of his senior year which was the year that he was really gearing up to look special.

He didn't impress much in the bowl game but then again, how much of the book do you think they opened for him. Plus our O line was the worst it has been in recent Michigan history.

I will say this and probably catch hell for it but I truly believe that given the right circumstances and surroundings Shane could have been as impressive his freshman year as Henne was in his. Chad had a line and the best WR in the nation. Let Shane play a bunch of cup cakes his first few games and let him get that confidence like Chad did and I think you would see it too.

Ok now let me have it.

I really hope you're right but Chad was far more accomplished coming in.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:25 am

Committed to USC tonight. Guess we can end all the speculation. Expect Sills to drop USC.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:02 am

MgoBlue wrote:
Committed to USC tonight.  Guess we can end all the speculation.  Expect Sills to drop USC.

yep...

1. he wouldn't visit USC while Kiffin was there.

2. When Nuss left and Kiffin went to Bama he decommitted.

3. he took an unscheduled visit to USC unusually quick after his decommit from Bama

writing was on the wall.

Let's see where this puts Rosen. Stanford, Wash, Cal, Az St...... UM????

I read a bit more into this though than the average fan. Cali is a hotbed for QB in the 2015 class. This will cause the domino chain to start to fall. it's going to get interesting for UM.

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R   Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricky Town decommits from Alabama per B/R
Page 1 of 1