Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Webber decommits...

Go down 
+7
the artist formally known
umichfaninpa
fishgoblue22
gm_goblue1205
GOBLUEJOE66
jjabilene
dwoody
11 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Webber decommits... Empty
PostSubject: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:06 pm

...during the fourth quarter, per mlive.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 pm

That's the biggest reason why Hoke can't be given another year even if a miracle occurs and we beat OSU. We're going to have a very week class this year, which we can withstand if we get a good coach. If Hoke comes back, next years class will be a disaster too and we'll be in full rebuild mold.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:15 pm

jjabilene wrote:
That's the biggest reason why Hoke can't be given another year even if a miracle occurs and we beat OSU. We're going to have a very week class this year, which we can withstand if we get a good coach. If Hoke comes back, next years class will be a disaster too and we'll be in full rebuild mold.

I'm to the point that I hope we can keep the current players. Anyone think we might lose there too?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm

man its bad real bad but next week this disaster will be over
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

No big deal, UM has the talent to win, horrible coaching.

OThe time out before the 4th down attempt in the third....that is bad coaching.

Lining up under center with a fullback when you haven't been able to run out of that all year....that is bad coaching.

Not attempting the field goal when that would put you up two scores....that is bad coaching.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Lining up under center with a fullback when you haven't been able to run out of that all year....that is bad coaching.

Not attempting the field goal when that would put you up two scores....that is bad coaching.

Agree^^
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

All spot on fish.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Good I'm glad don't want that fucking quitter on the team anyway, we already got enough of them

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Not using the last time out at the end of the first half was very typical Hoke. We have to save this last time out until we really need it, not yet, not yet, not yet, oh, the half just ended. I've never in my life seen a guy so consistently blunder clock management like this guy. It boggles the mind.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:56 am

Uh, it wasn't a factor in the game....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

fish all of that was Brandon's fault (oh wait)

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

had to do it newBlue. only way to make my point.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:06 am

jjabilene wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

Not using the last time out at the end of the first half was very typical Hoke. We have to save this last time out until we really need it, not yet, not yet, not yet, oh, the half just ended. I've never in my life seen a guy so consistently blunder clock management like this guy. It boggles the mind.

well in all fairness, on that particular play just before the half there was a flag thrown and I'm positive that Hoke saw it and that is why he didn't call timeout. Nuss just happened to realize that the clock was still running and he fervently tried to call a timeout. I actually don't fault Hoke on that. If I were coaching I would have assumed that the clock would have stopped after the flag was thrown also. That is why they put the time back on the clock. I'm not a big Hoke supporter at this point but I gotta feel that if that flag wouldn't have been thrown then he was ready to call timeout.

The rest of the game though... Mad

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

fish  all of that was Brandon's fault  (oh wait)

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

had to do it newBlue. only way to make my point.

Who hired Hoke? Despite his incompetence, Hoke has, for the most part (not counting the glaring program bluders but even those weren't all his fault) kept the team producing quality young men. I don't think that you can attribute Denard to Hoke but Jake Ryan, Devin Gardner, Michael Schofield, etc. have all been with Hoke 3 or more years.

However, as I sat there in the cold rain yesterday I became immensely displeased with Hoke. That's when I realized where everyone here is coming from. The thing that needs to be taken into account though is that these are kids when they come to Michigan. All were coddled while growing up and think that their sh!t doesn't stink. Then they get to college, as the old Cosby spin-off illustrates it's a different world. Everyone is good, most schools (with the obvious exception being Michigan) have good to decent coaching, you're natural athletic ability won't stand out. I'm of the firm opinion that it's more than lack of coaching up the current players, it's also recruiting. I think the staff relies too much on the ratings and doesn't actually evaluate the talent themselvs.

All that being said AGAIN I'm still of the opinion that unless a stud is available and publically willing to come to Michigan, Hoke will be back next year.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Enough with Hoke coming back... he is utterly clueless when it comes to coaching... no one has questioned the quality of the kids... this is a football forum talking about football not life... when I pay for my tickets, at worse I expect a team that is prepared to play and not making the same mistakes over a three year period ... if we give a great effort and the other team is better so be it... from what I have seen this year we are lucky we have 5 wins... there are numerous. coaches that are more qualified than Hoke
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Enough with Hoke coming back... he is utterly clueless when it comes to coaching... no one has questioned the quality of the kids... this is a football forum talking about football not life... when I pay for my tickets, at worse I expect a team that is prepared to play and not making the same mistakes over a three year period ... if we give a great effort and the other team is better so be it... from what I have seen this year we are lucky we have 5 wins... there are numerous. coaches that are more qualified than Hoke

What you're missing here is that I have always acknowledged that. But college is about more than W's/L's, sure we'd all like to win but I still think Hoke dceserves one more yearto show what he can do without that DB looking over his shouder. After yesterday's debacle I'm not so sure it will happen but unless a stud is available and willing to come to Michigan I still think he'll be back.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:21 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

We burned one of our timeouts because we had 12 men on the field, this after numerous times in prior games with 10 on the field. We can't even consistently get 11 men on the field and someone actually thinks there is any scenario under which he comes back?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:54 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

well in all fairness, on that particular play just before the half there was a flag thrown and I'm positive that Hoke saw it and that is why he didn't call timeout. Nuss just happened to realize that the clock was still running and he fervently tried to call a timeout. I actually don't fault Hoke on that. If I were coaching I would have assumed that the clock would have stopped after the flag was thrown also. That is why they put the time back on the clock. I'm not a big Hoke supporter at this point but I gotta feel that if that flag wouldn't have been thrown then he was ready to call timeout.

The rest of the game though... Mad

I wasn't even talking about that particular play, I think there were 15 seconds left at that point,so there was already a good chance that he'd wasted the timeout. Before they got to that play, they did four straight runs, and a four yard pass but Hoke wouldn't use the timeout. It's like he wasn't aware that downing the ball was an option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webber decommits...   Webber decommits... Empty

Back to top Go down

Webber decommits...
Page 1 of 1