Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For those that still follow Recruiting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

For those that still follow Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Some medium in depth stuff for 2015.

http://mgoblog.com/content/2015-prospect-updates-0#more

Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Wow! Talk about mind boggling information! Only someone like sandyeggo could understand this encyclopedia of high school names.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 am

Um, Joe, on your AVATAR---better move that right paw out a little (it covers up a certain letter).

We don't need to be reminded of Forcier...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm

stjotoo wrote:
Wow!  Talk about mind boggling information!  Only someone like sandyeggo could understand this encyclopedia of high school names.

Let me touch on this article a bit...

First off, yes I do know quite a bit about 90% of the names on the list but I want to touch on the guys that I think should be our targets next year and maybe give a bit of info on where I think we stand with them.

In no particular order...

SDE Darian Roseboro - I think he's our #1 SDE at this point. We're going to make a hard push to get him out the south especially since we whiffed huge on Hand and because most believe we will miss out on Malik. Quite honestly I think we have a decent shot at him. Keep in mind we are short on SDEs so I expect a full press on him.

WDE Keisean Lucier-South - No doubt he's as close to a lock at WDE as we're going to get for the 2015 class. That's not saying he'll commit but he's a Michigan fan and is on record saying that UM was his dream offer and unlike other recruits playing the recruiting game, KLS means every word of it. Everything is trending up for KLS to UM but he definitely has some work to do. The great news is that he has the frame, the skillset and the drive so that is why his offer sheet is looking more impressive by the day. My WAY-TOO-EARLY prediction is he'll be blue, which leads me to the next kid....

WDE Jashon Cornell  - Clearly the cream of the crop on the UM/National WDE board. The feeling is that he's a ND lead at this point but not by much. You can put UM in the discussion and you wouldn't be stretching it one bit. UM is clearly in the mix but it's a bit weird to me that no coach has been out to Minny to see him in the last two open visit periods.  That's really odd for a "top target". Pretty sure we only take one WDE in 2015 and my gut right now says it's KLS. That said, IMO, IF and it's a big IF, KLS and Cornell both decide to commit, there is no way we turn either away.

OLB Justin Hilliard -  This Ohio kid will NOT end up in Ohio. O$U is going to make a push for him but I think UM has a much MUCH better shot here. Iowa, yes Iowa, is the team to beat this point. Why? Because his brother CJ  plays there. I know, I know, UM has like 10 offers out for OLBs at this point (yes you read that right, 10!) but IMO Justin is UM's #1 OLB target for 2015. I think Osa Masina can also be considered a "top target" at OLB but IMO Hilliard is above him. I will not make a prediction but I will say at this point UM is looking good as can be this early in the process. Back to Masina....

OLB Osa Masina - While he wasn't in the article you have to believe he's a "top target" and that UM is squarely in the mix. Most would have instate Utah as his favorite but not so fast. Why UM? Sione Houma and Bryan Mone. While they didn't go to the same HS they are all Salt Lake City kids and more importantly they are all Pacific Islanders. Those of you that don't live in a diverse enough area to be around Pacific Islanders I will tell you this, they stick together. Unfortunately we rarely hear from Utah so I rarely get info on him. By the way, right now the consensus is that UM will definitely take two and will probably take three OLBs in the 2015 class. FWIW, at this point I'm counting Osa in. My homer opinion though. Very Happy 

LB Adonis Thomas - Like the article says, gonna be hard to pull him from the south but we are also in on two of his HS teammates. So you never know.

OT Sterling Jenkins - This kid is mountain of a man child and he's this close to being a consensus 5*. I see him getting that last star this coming year. Remember the picture of him and Taylor during one of his visits and he basically made Taylor look like your average sized tackle. It's early but I'm predicting him to UM. I only worry about O$U and what PSU might tell him now that they have a new coach as well. Regardless, he's a MUST get and at this early stage I like our chances.

QB Josh Rosen - Not in the article but still, he is hands down THE top QB for UM in 2015. Chances? Who knows, probably not great though. Most believe he'll stay west. UM has a shot albeit not a great one but you never know how that could change once we get him on campus. Oh by the way, did I forget to mention that he recently said UM is one of two schools he'll go east to look at.

QB David Sills - Ah this kid. You all know the name. 1) He was Watson's and Canteen's HS QB. 2) He's the kid that committed to USC in 7th grade and it was all over SportsCenter for weeks. Well now that Town bolted Bama and committed to USC Sills will probably bolt USC and with a fresh UM offer and two teammates in the fold I think things look good at this point. UM only has a handful of offers out at QB right now but that list will grow and the class is loaded at QB so there are plenty of viable options. The QB dominoes have only just started to fall so I will not be making a QB prediction any time soon.

RB Mike Webber - While not in the article, UM was his favorite until Harris committed. Who knows how much work O$U and MSU put in during the few months that he cooled on UM and the Harris decommit. Regardless, UM is right back in the middle of it and without going too much into it, I believe Webber will be in the 2015 class. BTW we take two RBs and at this point I will NOT predict Harris back to UM regardless of what we've been told or read. Sorry if that hurts.

TE Tyrone Wheatley JR - Wheatley JR... enough said. Book it. He's a lock.

TE David Edwards - OK he's a JUMBO athlete and QB now but he projects to TE at UM. UM started off pretty hot for him, but not so much anymore. For the life of me I can't see why he hasn't been offered yet but the article says because they want to see him in person first. Ok I guess. Who knows how UM trends for him once he gets the offer (he will get an offer) but at this early stage I see him at Illinois. Could very well change though. Going to be interesting to watch it unfold.

WR Brian Cole - End it with a bang I suppose. Not on the list but he HAS to be mentioned. I'm not sure if he is going to be a DB or WR or both at the college level but there is no doubt he is THE MOST IMPORTANT MICHIGAN RECRUIT in the 2015 class. Michigan must get the best players from the state and Cole is it for 2015. Good news is that UM is squarely in the mix, bad news so is MSU. This is the recruiting battle I will be keeping my eye on most for 2015.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:51 pm

sandy, I know you are probably not super familiar with prospects from Michigan that are not on the radar, but have you heard of a kid named Alex Grace from Saginaw Swan Valley? He is a jr at my alma matter and he just broke the state record for rushing in a season. He is big and fast and beat Cole and "Mr. Football" Smith from Ithaca out for Saginaw country player of the year . I heard that he visited MSU but I really have not heard his name mentioned by anyone important, outside of my buddies who still live in my hometown. Have you heard anyone talk about this kid at all?

It looks like he picked up his first offer yesterday from CMU ( http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1370052.html ) and it has his highlights….I was just wondering if you or someone else on here who knows way more than I do on recruiting knows of him.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:54 pm

I just wanted to clarify that I am in no way shape or form related to, am friends with him or any family members, nor am I pimping his name out there. Just wanted to know a kid from my alma matter….
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:36 pm

yes I had heard his name before because he was a finalist for Mr Football right?

I do follow Mich High School football a bit (second though and way behind Cali). Anyway, this is not an attack on him so don't take it that way but I also remember he choked/got shut down against what was perceived to be his best competition (Detroit Country Day). I didn't know he got a Central offer but then again I don't follow Central's recruiting.

You've peeked my interest though because any kid his size that can run like that is definitely worth giving a second look to. I'll probably google him tonight and see what his game is all about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those that still follow Recruiting   For those that still follow Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

For those that still follow Recruiting
Page 1 of 1