Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... Empty
PostSubject: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Wasn't planning on sharing this, but after Zone's awesome story about Jansen, I felt like I shouldn't keep this one to myself.

(Disclaimer: mine isn't as cool as Zone's, but sweet nonetheless)

The other night I was messing around on Twitter and watching TV with the girlfriend. We were flipping through the channels and I saw Godfather Part II on AMC, so OF COURSE I had to stop on that channel. Well, the gf wasn't too happy about it, so she called it a night and went to bed. Darn.

I then took a look at Twitter, and Desmond had just tweeted "I'm sitting here trying to prep for Spring Football and bumped into Godfather II on AMC. #damnfredo"

I replied to his tweet "Ha, the gf just went to bed because I stopped on that too! #goblue"

Usually when you respond to a celeb's tweets they don't respond, hell, they probably hardly ever read them.

But then, a minute later, a new Desmond tweet came on my screen, and it was tagged to me.

"Goodnight. Sleep tight."

I jumped off the couch and ran straight to the bedroom. I had to wake up my gf to tell her what just happened. I then proceeded to take like 5 screen shots of my computer so that I would never lose it lol.

I was as giddy as a 12 year old school girl at a Justin Beiber concert.

That is all. Like I said, not nearly as cool as Zone's story, but I was definitely on Cloud 9!!

ZoneRead

ZoneRead

Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Dude that's great...Last year I was headed to the Key's fishing and stopped in Key Largo for gas and Steve Hutchinson was walking out with a few other "big dudes"...He has a place in Largo(Jansen confirmed when I told him)...I didn't get to talk to him but Jansen is big but "Hutch" is an ABSOLUTE beast...Trust me Mike Martin or Jerel Worthy would NOT want "any piece" of the big fella at this stage being rookies... affraid
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:49 pm

hahaha, I don't doubt that.

We knew he was special when he left AA, but I don't think we knew he was THAT special.

Draft folks still say, to date, there hasn't been a better guard in the draft since Steve Hutchinson was.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 am

I have exchanged tweets with Desmond as well. He is pretty good about interacting with fans on Twitter. Twitter is so underrated. Where else can you interact with famous people? It is also the best place to get the news IMO.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am

I actually met Desmond at the Notre Dame game back when I was at school. I ran into him on the Golf-course, and he was wearing a MICHIGAN ALUMNI T-shirt. When I first saw him approaching he was about 10 feet from me so I quickly dropped to my knees (get your minds out of the gutter) and started worshipping him like he was God.

He laughed about that for a minute but then remarked, "I'm amazed anyone here still recognizes me."

I just responded, "Dude, you're Desmond Howard. You won the (fricking or fucking, I can't recall what I said) Heisman trophy. You played professional football." and then I struck the Heisman-pose.

He laughed again but quickly pointed out the I did it back-wards. I answered that I knew (when in reality I didn't) but I wanted to be just like him.

Then a friend called me and said that she was over by the State St. rail-road tracks tail-gating and that I should bring the extra ticket I found to her over there. Desmond said he had to get going because Coach Carr wanted him to come to the locker-room before kick-off and talk to the guys. He yelled "Go Blue!" and left.

In retrospect Denard's smile reminds me of Desmond's that day, of course Denard's is the best ever because it is so frequent and genuine but they are similar.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...   Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago... Empty

Back to top Go down

Follow up to zone's interaction with Jansen, I tweeted with Desmond Howard 2 nights ago...
Page 1 of 1