Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? Empty
PostSubject: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:45 am

The kid was a CAN'T MISS 5* recruit and as a sophomore he's STILL trying to earn a starting job.

Out defensive backfield ISN'T THAT GOOD!

Derrick Green. Kid is THE GREATEST RUNNING BACK EVER! (at least 2 years ago he was) Barely played last year and, AGAIN, is fighting just to play.

WTF is going on? There are Freshmen playing everywhere in the country. These 2 kids were some of the highest rated there were. Our running backs SUCK. Our defensive backfield is AVERAGE. But these 2 are still fighting for playing time.

WTF?

joe

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:48 am

3* DeVeon Smith is going to beat out 5* Derrick Green this year.

He wants it more.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 8:52 am

joe wrote:

He wants it more.

I bet he doesn't. But if he does he does. I remember a 3* name Mike Hart beating out the much higher rated Max Martin. That turned out alright.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:01 am

joe wrote:

He wants it more.

1) Daveon was a high 4*

2) not sure if any of you recall my crushing on him, but last year before he tore his acl I kept saying Drake Johnson was going to be the man. He was #2 on the depth chart opening day last year. You watch, if he gets healthy (which I've heard he is right on track) then he is going to be something special. I can't wait to watch him run.

joe

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

He wants it more.

I bet he doesn't.  But if he does he does.  I remember a 3* name Mike Hart beating out the much higher rated Max Martin.  That turned out alright.

Max wasn't the #1 rated back in high school fish.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:08 am

joe wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

He wants it more.

I bet he doesn't.  But if he does he does.  I remember a 3* name Mike Hart beating out the much higher rated Max Martin.  That turned out alright.

I didn't say he was.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:13 am

joe wrote:

he wasn't but he was definitely a good one. Army all american. Highly rated, highly sought after. gun to my head and ask me the question of who is gonna be better hart or martin and I would have said martin any day of the week.

just goes to show what a kid can do if he puts in the work.

Hart is still my top 3 all time UM players.

joe

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:17 am

So you guys pick the time it happens and call it the rule as opposed to an exception.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:42 am

I wasn't trying to make a pick what I was trying to say was, at face value you like green (like I did martin). then when daveon shows up (like hart did) and wins the spot you appreciate it that much more.

Daveon was actually a fairly highly rated RB but if he doesn't pan out either and a 3 star like Drake Johnson does then I'll be more than happy.

Sure it sucks DG doesn't seem to be all that he was advertised to be (still VERY early in his career though) but I have faith in the other guys in our stable. Someone will be our guy this year. Actually with Nuss it's likely that two guys will be our guy this year.

Any thoughts on the two headed horse that Nuss like to run? I think with the simplified playbook and the limited carries they got last year that Green and Smith are going to surprise people this year.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 10:47 am

joe wrote:
So you guys pick the time it happens and call it the rule as opposed to an exception.

Absolutely not. I would rather have 4 and 5 star players. But, some times the lower rated guy beats out the higher rated guy. They way I figure, you got to put your best 11 out on the field, whether he is a 3 star or a 5 start.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:05 am

Now,,, how about your guys' opinions on Thomas?

WTF is his issue? lol

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:29 am

Some guys don't live up to and others exceed expectations every class, every year. The star ratings are neither 100 percent predictive, nor are they worthless. It would be interesting to re-rate each of the classes 5 years later and see how often Michigan's tended to do better, do worse or do about the same as the ratings would indicate.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am

joe wrote:
Now,,, how about your guys' opinions on Thomas?

WTF is his issue? lol

My guess is he starts at safety along with Wilson. I think game one you will have Taylor and Countess at the CB spots, with Peppers coming in for the nickle pacage. I think Countess will move down and cover the slot in those situations.

I also think Taylor is the first to lose his spot. He is horrible in coverage. I think eventualy Peppers surpasses Taylor, and Stribling comes in for nickle situations.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:45 pm

Its not the size of the dog in the fight . It's the size of the fight in the dog, sometime when you think your being jilted you work harder and out work the better player.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 12:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

He wants it more.

Hey fish, Just read a "mock" starting lineup from Angelique Chengalis. It's got DeVeon Smith starting. FYI. It is just her opinion of course.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm

It's a valid question, Joe.

We all took the bait and bought all the hype that surrounded Thomas. I can only remember him from a single play last year...I believe he blocked a punt and someone else scooped and scored?

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:48 pm

IMO he's going to be just fine when he gets consistent playing time. Nothing to worry about just yet.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Admin wrote:
It's a valid question, Joe.

We all took the bait and bought all the hype that surrounded Thomas. I can only remember him from a single play last year...I believe he blocked a punt and someone else scooped and scored?

Game one vs CMU, Joe Reynolds scored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?   WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas? Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF is up with Dymonte Thomas?
Page 1 of 1