Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What player are you most excited about in 2012?

Go down 
+2
Admin
Go_Blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

What player are you most excited about in 2012? Empty
PostSubject: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Mine is very easy. Blake Countess!! I am not going to annoint him the next Charles Woodson (who could ever fill those shoes) but I will say this kid is sensational. He made a few freshman mistakes, but seems to have a great football IQ and amazing athletic skills. I love defense and to have another shutdown corner only helps the front. JT Floyd has experience now and we should be solid.

My second would have to be Kovacs. I wanted to put him first, but he is already a super-star in my eyes!! This will be Kovacs final year and I will be sad to see him go. To me he is the epitomy of UM football. Hard-nosed and determined. He might not be the best athlete on the field, but he has the most heart. And what he is showing and teaching these younger players is invaluable.

Go Blue!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I started to type Kovacs before I read your second paragraph.

He's my #1.

After that may be Kenny Demens.

Then, of course, I can't wait to see DR in his final season.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 pm

This is a hard one. The secondary should be the best in recent years, same for the LB's. DR will be a senior and Fitz is coming off of his best year.

Hmmmmm....Too hard for me to pick just one.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Denard. Year two in Borges's offense, historically, is a star maker.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
Denard. Year two in Borges's offense, historically, is a star maker.

I agree. Denard will have more comfort in the offense as it won't be new. Plus Borges can open it up more. Remember last year, Hoke was always talking about not even using the whole play-book yet?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Shazor25

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Denard, and the entire offense as a whole. Curious as to who will step up at WR.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Roy???   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Shazor25 wrote:
Denard, and the entire offense as a whole. Curious as to who will step up at WR.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 am

Go_Blue wrote:
Shazor25 wrote:

I wish we had a couple rangy guys we could stick on the outside and get Roy back in the slot. Since we can't, I expect him to put up subpar numbers again next season. That said, I like Gallon's chances of become a go-to next year.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: I've been reading about Thomas Rawls playing a more active role in the backfield and V Smith to slot.   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 am

Admin wrote:
Go_Blue wrote:
Shazor25 wrote:

I wish we had a couple rangy guys we could stick on the outside and get Roy back in the slot. Since we can't, I expect him to put up subpar numbers again next season. That said, I like Gallon's chances of become a go-to next year.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

I like what you just said about Rawls, not saying that I have heard it though. Just sounds nice...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 am

I guess we'll have to see what VS can do split out. I really do like him as our 3rd down back...he's 100% our best pass blocker back there.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 am

Admin wrote:
I guess we'll have to see what VS can do split out. I really do like him as our 3rd down back...he's 100% our best pass blocker back there.

I'm thinking he might be kinda small. I mean Denard is no giant anyway, so he can't see over the line very well. Add in a vertically-challenged-RB trying to receive short passes and you've got a slight problem. If Denard only dumped it off to VS in the flat defenses would start keying on that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What player are you most excited about in 2012?   What player are you most excited about in 2012? Empty

Back to top Go down

What player are you most excited about in 2012?
Page 1 of 1