Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mitch tests positive...

Go down 
+5
hailtoyourvictor
rasputin
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Mitch tests positive... Empty
PostSubject: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 9:44 am

heading to NBA

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcgary-heading-to-nba-after-positive-marijuana-test-nets-him-shocking-year-long-ncaa-ban-073833742.html

I don't know what to say

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 am

Well, I guess he was waiting for his piss test results to come back.  

I assume it was medicinal  lol! 

What can you do, nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:04 am

my o my well another spot opens bad bad decision .full year for failed drug test.Can't believe he is the only 1. as a med red shirt why was he even tested. He may have issues even getting drafted w/ that out there . He could end up in Europe

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 am

the artist formally known wrote:
my o my well another spot opens bad bad decision .full year for failed drug test.Can't believe he is the only 1. as a med red shirt why was he even tested. He may have issues even getting drafted w/ that out there  . He could end up in Europe.

He will get drafted with no problems. Pot is huge in the NBA. Something like 70% of NBA players toke up.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:29 pm

well this clears up two things....

1. why he wasn't at class. I suspect he knew by then.

2. why the late movement (past week) in the recruiting class

I'm not going to be a homer and spin it other wise but I will say that I've always been on the record as a  "who cares" kind of guy when it comes to kids and marijuana in college.

IMO, there are situational acceptances and the line isn't as grey as people try to make it out to be. Bottom line for me is, as long as it isn't a clear factor in their studies or performance then I don't think it's a big deal.

Example 1 - John Student tokes in his dorm/apartment as casually as the next student. So what, no big deal.

Example 2 - John Athlete tokes in his dorm/apartment as casually as the next student. So what, no big deal

Example 3 - John Athlete tokes before a game as a joke (i.e. App St). Win or lose it's NOT acceptable.

Example 4 - John Student/Athlete are dealing. Doesn't matter who it is, it's not acceptable.

Example 5. John Student/Athlete tokes up and decides to get in his car or go out and cause trouble then it's not acceptable.

Quick side note, I wonder what the NCAAs stance will be when it's a player from Colorado that tests positive.

The bottom line is that this news is a black eye on UM. It's embarrassing and now we'll never hear the end of it from the other fan bases. Regardless of if he stood up and accepted it like a man or regardless of if he passed 8 tests before, Mitch should be embarrassed and he should apologize to the fans. He knew the standards he was expected to live up to and he chose not to.

For the record, I honestly thought he was coming back and I'm sure he did too. If that is the case then he clearly cost the team next year. Unfortunately we may never know that answer.

All that said, I still enjoyed watching him play. I loved his enthusiasm and work effort. It saddens me that it had to end like this because like a lot of other players that get caught, I believe Mitch is most likely a really nice guy.

Shame on you Mitch but I'm still gonna cheer for you in the NBA.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:32 pm

rasputin, I will allow your negative nancy reply to this post go un-refuted  Very Happy 

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 pm

1. We won't be a tourney team next year
2. I blame the large contingent of Americans who are opposed to this harmless substance. There is no reason why a rule like this is in place.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

rasputin wrote:
1. We won't be a tourney team next year
2. I blame the large contingent of Americans who are opposed to this harmless substance. There is no reason why a rule like this is in place.

LOL
Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 3:35 pm

I lost all respect for the NCAA after the Miami FL and supporter Nevin Shapiro case. He was giving the Miami players handouts, free nightclub evenings and hookers on luxury yachts. Don't have time look it up again, but I believe it amounted to over $1 million over eight years.

The University proposed tournament ineligitability during the period they were irrevelant and maybe a few scolarships, which the NCAA accepted.  The NCAA investigators completely botched the inquiry, when Miami should have been given the death penalty.

The NCAA can go hide in the Bible belt and let college sports evolve in the real world.

Double standards...
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Per ESPN.com, MM took test on 3/28, found out results 1 week later.

On 4/15 NCAA agreed punishment was too severe, so they reduced it to 6 months for 1st time offenders.

But NCAA wouldn't compromise because MM failed test before new rule took effect. Say M & MM was notified on April 5th. If that was the case MM would have missed, been banned from summer/fall work outs with team until october 5th. Michigan for good measure could have suspended Mitch for 1st 3 games of 14'-15' season. But no compromise.

With that said, McGary screwed up, no excuses. Athletes need to be held accountable for their mistakes. What I've read Mitch manned-up & took responsibilty.

What I've read from squeezebox & sandyeggo, agree with everything 100%. It makes Michigan look bad, sparty & bucknut fans I'm sure will have a field day with this.

A friend believes it must be a conspiracy. Mitch was smoking at some party someone there, maybe a sparty student was there, made a call to the NCAA. How else would the NCAA single out Mitch?

The HS I work for, you miss 25% of the season if caught drinking, smoking dope or cigarettes. If caught last game of season you miss 25% of your next sport.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 7:50 pm

He fucked up simple as that, he has a bad back and has not played true minutes in over a year…I don't know what team would take him. I really think his smoking weed cost him millions. I think he stays if not in trouble has a year to regain his skills, gets drafted higher or at all….now it may be a D-league/Europe career for him. Stupid move Mitch, stupid move.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:23 am

I was out of town this weekend. I had heard he declared for the draft, but didn't know the circumstances. I was disappointed but not shocked. Then to come back and hear this was so disappointing. I think he tarnished his legacy at Michigan big time. There are worse things in the world that happen, but this is really disappointing and stupid.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:42 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
He fucked up simple as that, he has a bad back and has not played true minutes in over a year…I don't know what team would take him.  I really think his smoking weed cost him millions.  I think he stays if not in trouble has a year to regain his skills, gets drafted higher or at all….now it may be a D-league/Europe career for him.  Stupid move Mitch, stupid move.

It will have zero impact on his draft status. His play, his workouts and his inteviews will impact his draft. His pot smoking will not.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/nba_scout_mitch_mcgary_failed.html
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:31 pm

I think his point was if he doesn't get in trouble, he returns and boosts his play/stock.... Thus smoking weed affected his draft stock.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Hail, that is what I was getting at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitch tests positive...   Mitch tests positive... Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitch tests positive...
Page 1 of 1