Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ty Isaac, USC transfer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Ty Isaac, USC transfer Empty
PostSubject: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyThu May 15, 2014 10:55 am

Sandy, others what do you think? I would take him. We liked him out of HS, he averaged 5.9 in limited D1 action, and I question whether Green is ever going to be more than a journeyman (I saw neither a burst nor tackle-breaking ability last year).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Sam Webb just said that Michigan was one of the 17 or so schools he is allowed to go to (no OSU and obviously no ND) and that he has high interest in Michigan
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:44 pm

This bodes well for UM if ND is not on the list of allowed transfer schools. It really was a three horse race in the end for him with it being UM/ND/USC.

Given the Harris de-commit. The Weber recruitment and the need for RBs I think there is no doubt that UM would take him in a heartbeat.

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:57 am

I think we have the best shot. I'm not sure what ND has at RB, but I would think he'd have a better chance at starting on our roster.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyFri May 16, 2014 1:53 pm

I've read quite a few articles that have Isaac to Illinois. interesting

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyFri May 16, 2014 4:19 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I've read quite a few articles that have Isaac to Illinois. interesting

It is my understanding that he is from that area. His mother is still there and experiencing some health issues; which is why he wants to transfer so he can be close to her.

One side of me thinks it would be a really good catch for UM, but the other side of me asks what would we do with him if Johnson gets back to where he was before the injury (hopefully he does) and Smith (who I think will be the starter) stays healthy? The third side of me says "what a great position to be in."!! Smile

In any case, gonna be fun to see where he ends up.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:52 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...but the other side of me asks what would we do with him if when Johnson gets back to where he was before the injury...

^^^EDIT^^^

I can't wait for Drake this year. I just hope his injury hasn't buried him so deep that he rarely gets the chance to showcase his skills.

GBJ66 gets it though  Very Happy 

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:01 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...but the other side of me asks what would we do with him if when Johnson gets back to where he was before the injury...

^^^EDIT^^^

I can't wait for Drake this year. I just hope his injury hasn't buried him so deep that he rarely gets the chance to showcase his skills.

GBJ66 gets it though   Very Happy 

Thanks Sandy. I remember you chatting Johnson up last year and he sure didn't let me down with what little I saw of him. If he comes back at least 95% of where he was last year then he and Smith will be the main guys. Smith impressed me this spring almost as much as Johnson did last year. Not saying Green is a bust, but if he doesn't improve from what I saw last year and this spring, if will be Smith and Johnson. Just sayin! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 pm

I got this off of MgBlog today and laughed. just thought it was funny enough to share. Sometimes their delivery is just to great!

"...Michigan retroactively took a five star back for the '14 class. And because neither DeVeon Smith nor Derrick Green redshirted (and neither destroyed the planet as a freshman), having not taken a running back last year is currently a good plan. Take THAT, space-time continuum..."

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac, USC transfer   Ty Isaac, USC transfer Empty

Back to top Go down

Ty Isaac, USC transfer
Page 1 of 1