Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine

Go down 
+4
MgoBlue
MichiganFootball13
fishgoblue22
joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine Empty
PostSubject: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:09 am

per numerous free sites.

That would give Michigan 3 of the top 15 RB's in that class along with DeVeon Smith and Derrick Green.

Tell you what guys, watch DeVeon. He's gonna be the best of the 3 IMHO.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am

In fact, before I got off the computer I received a tweet saying it is officially official!!!!

WELCOME TY ISAAC!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24580869/michigan-expected-to-land-usc-transfer-rb-ty-isaac

Building quite a stable of backs. If only the O-Line can gel.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:47 pm

A year too late but welcome!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Supposedly has already spoken with Green and Smith about the 3 of them being powerhouses together.

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Has to wait a year I assume?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:05 pm

joe wrote:
per numerous free sites.

That would give Michigan 3 of the top 15 RB's in that class along with DeVeon Smith and Derrick Green.

Tell you what guys, watch DeVeon. He's gonna be the best of the 3 IMHO.

I pretty much agree, except the order (minus Ty) could be a bit different if Johnson comes back healthy. He did impress me the little I saw of him. If he does, I say, minus Ty, it could very well be Smith, Johnson then Green. I see Ty being 2 or 3 with Green for sure being 4. Two thoughts...maybe Green books, and out of left field...what do you think the chances that Ty could become a WR, specifically the slot, or maybe replacing DF after he leaves next year? That, to me, with the potential our current recievers have could be pretty darn good! Just a thought.

Go Blue!! Smile

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

Great news. Ty is the only one that is at least semi-proven at D1 level. If we don't block better it doesn't matter, but I think he will be our best back.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Well 'shoes, I'm predicting Smith because I think he's really good and he's the underdog. (lowest rated)

I thought he ran incredibly hard last year considering the circumstances called an offensive line.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:29 pm

ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
83 270 3.3 30 2
40 236 5.9 37 2

Comparable stats.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 4:29 pm

http://college-football.si.com/2014/06/05/ty-isaac-transfer-michigan-wolverines-usc-trojans/

According to this article he could request a hardship waiver & play right away.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Joe, I did think that Smith looked like more of a natural running back than Green. Did Green play D in HS (two ways)? Maybe we can move him to LB.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 7:28 pm

wshoes wrote:
Joe, I did think that Smith looked like more of a natural running back than Green. Did Green play D in HS (two ways)? Maybe we can move him to LB.

'shoes

Shoes, not sure about Green in high school. Maybe Sandy can shed some light on that.

The more I have been reading on TY the more I feel he could very well be a good fit at WR as well. Basically everyone is saying he has great hands and speed. What a nice problem to have, huh?? Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 am

wshoes wrote:

'shoes

Not sure why you don't like Green so much. I think he is going to blossom under Nussemeier. This offense is perfect for him. Watch.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 am

Fish, I hope you're right.

and don't think I don't like him. I mean, now we have 3 guys. Someone's gonna be #1 and someone's gonna be #3. The best possible scenario has #3 BARELY worse than #1. (Assuming #1 is good not bad.)

Just because I think DeVeon is the best doesn't mean I don't like Green.

Hopefully Green or Isaac gain shitloads of yards and I have to come here and say I was wrong. That would break my heart. (Tongue totally in cheek!)

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 am

TOTALLY MHO.

The best scenario has Isaac allowed to play immediately and he plays WR. We are still thin there and 5* talent is 5* talent.

Green and Smith fight over RB but almost everyone has forgotten Drake Johnson. He began to really show flashes before getting injured.

With all this being said, I doubt Isaac came to Michigan to play WR.

One more thought from this small brain of mine, Ty might think hard about becoming a WR because if you look at the structure of the NFL (his next step?) Wide Receivers get paid a lot more. (Or if not a lot more then a lot more WR's get paid than RBs.) The league barely even cares about running backs any more but WRs are the newest gems.

Change to WR and make MONEY!!!!!

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 9:36 am

Fish- hope you're right about Green, but he looks stiff out there. Fast and strong and if he can get up momentum before first contact, he could be a force but he went down very easily in close quarters which was a shock- the opposite of Mike Hart or even Ryan Minor. He also didn't look to be a pass catching threat at all.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 10:24 am

joe wrote:
Fish, I hope you're right.

and don't think I don't like him. I mean, now we have 3 guys. Someone's gonna be #1 and someone's gonna be #3. The best possible scenario has #3 BARELY worse than #1. (Assuming #1 is good not bad.)

Just because I think DeVeon is the best doesn't mean I don't like Green.

Hopefully Green or Isaac gain shitloads of yards and I have to come here and say I was wrong. That would break my heart. (Tongue totally in cheek!)

I still feel like Green will be the best of the three. I think he learned his lesson last year about being in shape. I hope the o-line is better. It can't be worse can it?

I would love to see a couple 1000 yard backs like Bama has had lately, but I won't hold my breatch.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:58 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Not sure why you don't like Green so much.  I think he is going to blossom under Nussemeier.  This offense is perfect for him.  Watch.

+1

I'm torn on Ty for a couple of reasons...

1. While I love the fact that Ty is at UM now, it likely means we miss on Weber or Harris (or both). Weber is slowly becoming an MSU lean and Harris is slowly becoming an O$U lean. I'd much rather have Harris than Issac at this point.

2. While this puts another solid horse in the stable it pushes Drake back a bit and I am so pumped to see him play. I fear Drake may go back to special teams now. That bums me out.

That said, I am excited to get Ty in on board. If things come around in the next two years this offense can be scary good. It's all gonna hinge on the O line, which I truly believe is going to turn the corner, but think about the arms, the hands, the beef and the horses that Hoke has now. And they are all technically still underclassmen. Good god!

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I still feel like Green will be the best of the three.  I think he learned his lesson last year about being in shape...

Another +1

Fish is on fire today.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Found this....

"The former five-star back is currently going through the process of seeking a hardship waiver from the NCAA to be eligible immediately for next season. Per current NCAA rule, players seeking immediate eligibility hardships must transfer to a school within a 100-mile radius of their home.

Michigan does not fall in that radius, as Ann Arbor is a little more than 250 miles from his home.

Isaac told Rivals.com on Thursday that he's still in the process of seeking that waiver from the NCAA, hoping it'll make an exception. He is still hoping to be eligible for the 2014 season. If he's not, then he'll have to sit, and will have three years remaining beginning in 2015."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/michigan_officially_gets_commi.html

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:14 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Found this....

"The former five-star back is currently going through the process of seeking a hardship waiver from the NCAA to be eligible immediately for next season. Per current NCAA rule, players seeking immediate eligibility hardships must transfer to a school within a 100-mile radius of their home.

Michigan does not fall in that radius, as Ann Arbor is a little more than 250 miles from his home.

Isaac told Rivals.com on Thursday that he's still in the process of seeking that waiver from the NCAA, hoping it'll make an exception. He is still hoping to be eligible for the 2014 season. If he's not, then he'll have to sit, and will have three years remaining beginning in 2015."

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/michigan_officially_gets_commi.html

I'm actually hoping that he has to sit a year. If he does, that, to me, makes up for the loss of a 2015 back. It puts a year between him and Green/Smith. Plus it opens up potential carries for Drake.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 1:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm actually hoping that he has to sit a year.  If he does, that, to me, makes up for the loss of a 2015 back.  It puts a year between him and Green/Smith.  Plus it opens up potential carries for Drake.

+1 again

Exactly what I was thinking.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I'll be the contrarian and hope he plays this year. We need all of the help we can get now and I think he becomes the number one back- 5.5 or 5.9 a carry is production and he has size and speed as well.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 2:53 pm

HOTDAMN There's football discussion again!!!!!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 7:29 am

It doesn't look good for waiver.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/ty_isaac_gaining_immediate_eli.html
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
It doesn't look good for waiver.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/ty_isaac_gaining_immediate_eli.html

Not surprised, but you never know if you don't ask.....especially with that screwed up, phoney ass organization.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine   Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine Empty

Back to top Go down

Ty Isaac about to become a Wolverine
Page 1 of 1