Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

talking points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

talking points Empty
PostSubject: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 am

Just wanted to put a post with a few misc points. I can't wait for App St to get here.

1. Magnusson has a beard. It's red and looks to be about a 4 -5 weeks old. He says he's going to keep it all year. It should be a talking point soon enough. By the way, Erik's camp roommate is Juwan B-B. nice to see an upperclassman with a true frosh. sure hope our team is a lot less divided this year.

2. sounds like countess is just sitting out for precautionary reasons. he should be back and ready to go within the week.

3. is Hagerup back on the team? I'm pretty sure I saw a pic with him in it. That year went fast!

4. Any thoughts on how long Williams keeps the starting TE spot. Any takers that Bunting will be starting by the third game?

5. R to L Braden, Kalis, Glasgow, Bosch, Magnuson. I hope that line sticks all year because it would just mean that they are getting the job done but, if you were to make a guess as to who gets taken out of the starting lineup first, who would you're guess be? Technically Glasgow won't be starting because of his arrest in March but he'll be the starting center when he gets back. That said, I think Miller is the closest OL backup to removing a starter and that is not a knock on GG. It's just me saying that Miller and Glasgow are right on par with each other. I could have easily went with Cole over Bosch at LG.

6. Haven't heard much about Wyatt Shallman. Anyone heard any news on him out of camp?

7. Our WRs and their projected backups (Funchess, Darboh, Chesson and Ways) average 6'3 1/4 and 208 1/4 lbs. Of course EVERYTHING goes back to the OL this year but I like our size and the matchups in the conference. I don't see why DG can't throw for 3000yds and 25 TDs this year.

8. Staying on the WRs, is there any doubt that Canteen will be the starting Slot?

dwoody

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:17 am

Is Drake Harris ever going to play? I hear he has new hammie issues, this time on the other leg.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 am

Harris will RS.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:02 am

Kind of pertaining to #5....any word on Dawson? Anything at all? He was pretty sought after in HS. I believe he was 5 star as well. RS last year which is expected but this year I thought he would be more in the running for a spot on first or second team but I never see him mentioned.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:38 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Kind of pertaining to #5....any word on Dawson?  Anything at all?  He was pretty sought after in HS.  I believe he was 5 star as well.  RS last year which is expected but this year I thought he would be more in the running for a spot on first or second team but I never see him mentioned.  

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/08/brady_hoke_still_shuffling_up.html?utm_medium=twitter

joe

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 pm

And another snippet

The alarming O-Line lineup tweeted out was at least temporarily a real thing. FWIW, that was Cole-Magnuson-Miller-Dawson/Glasgow-Braden. Kalis was not repping much with the first team. The slash-Dawson in that line above should be taken with a grain of salt—he looked another year or two away in one-on-ones.

fishgoblue22

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:48 pm

joe wrote:
And another snippet

The alarming O-Line lineup tweeted out was at least temporarily a real thing. FWIW, that was Cole-Magnuson-Miller-Dawson/Glasgow-Braden. Kalis was not repping much with the first team. The slash-Dawson in that line above should be taken with a grain of salt—he looked another year or two away in one-on-ones.

I don't care what 5 start, as long as it is the best 5.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:17 pm

joe wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
Kind of pertaining to #5....any word on Dawson?  Anything at all?  He was pretty sought after in HS.  I believe he was 5 star as well.  RS last year which is expected but this year I thought he would be more in the running for a spot on first or second team but I never see him mentioned.  

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/08/brady_hoke_still_shuffling_up.html?utm_medium=twitter

Thanks Joe. Good to see he is getting looks.

joe wrote:
And another snippet

Looked another year or two away eh? I was worried about his work ethic. To me this speaks to that. He had all the talent in the world out of HS. This is not an upper classmen line he is competing against.

fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:
And another snippet

I don't care what 5 start, as long as it is the best 5.

Man this can't be over used this year. I don't care what the kids age or what year he is. If he can play let him play. Just win baby!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:57 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Man this can't be over used this year.  I don't care what the kids age or what year he is.  If he can play let him play.  Just win baby!

+1
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Looked another year or two away eh?  I was worried about his work ethic.  To me this speaks to that.  He had all the talent in the world out of HS.   This is not an upper classmen line he is competing against.

I wouldn't get too down on him. He''s still a True Sophomore. Another year or 2 means he should be good by his junior and hopefully real good by his senior year.

Not sure if he red-shirted. MGoBlue says he didn't play.

That would be standard for linemen of all ranks.

talking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: talking points   talking points Empty

Back to top Go down

talking points
Page 1 of 1