Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? Empty
PostSubject: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 7:54 am

http://btn.com/2014/08/11/football-tour-dienharts-best-from-michigan/

Here's a viewpoint from Tom Dienhart, B1G Analyst from yesterday's practice.

I read most and then it got really long.

A couple notes.

The coaches would be happy if the OLine was solidified by mid-fall practice. It isn't mid-fall yet so they aren't worried. Therefore, neither am I.

A mention of James Ross III being a physical specimen that can really run. I posted yesterday that his younger brother Josh? is 2017 Top50 and from what I here could be better than James. We're definitely the team to beat for him in a year or 2.

The running backs are still battling. IMHO it's not important who the starter is for games 1, 2, 3 or so. I am more interested in who the starter/main guy is when the conference season starts. I predicted Smith. Could be right, could be wrong. lol. also IMHO even if a guy doesn't contribute tons this year, remember they are all young and, other than Johnson, have a couple years to add to the team.

Man am I ready for this season!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 am

Actually, they all have the same number of years to contribute. Johnson is a RS Soph, Green and Smith are true Soph.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/drake_johnson_810574.html
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 am

He sure is! And could even get another year if he applied for medical redshirt.

I stand by my comment that all of them will contribute throughout their careers. Maybe even this year.

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 8:27 am

joe wrote:

remember they are all young and, other than Johnson, have a couple years to add to the team.

I find it hilarious yet frustrating that some want to label Green as a bust already. One year of college and he's a bust! He hasn't a o-line since he got here but he sucks. No pressure kid.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:10 pm

joe wrote:
...The running backs are still battling. IMHO it's not important who the starter is for games 1, 2, 3 or so. I am more interested in who the starter/main guy is when the conference season starts...

^^^this^^^

+1

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Remember when Michigan's line was so good anyone could run the ball. That line is the key. If that line ever returns watch out the sky will be the limit. Funk better have them ready. I think the talent is there they just need coaching and they must mesh together.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 2:41 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
joe wrote:

remember they are all young and, other than Johnson, have a couple years to add to the team.

I find it hilarious yet frustrating that some want to label Green as a bust already.  One year of college and he's a bust!  He hasn't a o-line since he got here but he sucks.  No pressure kid.

Well I specifically stopped short of using the B word. I think I said "at some point" we may consider him a disappointment. I think though you have to consider that he did not show much last year behind miserable blocking to be sure, but for a power back he showed no leg drive. Mike Hart was what 30 or 40 pounds lighter but he would move bigger tacklers a yard or three with his leg drive. The fact that he has already been labeled number 3 this year by the coaches can't be a good sign either. Once again, would be delighted to be wrong about this.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?   So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"? Empty

Back to top Go down

So are you tired of "CoachSpeak"?
Page 1 of 1