Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Life after football for Charles Woodson

Go down 
+2
GOBLUEJOE66
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Life after football for Charles Woodson Empty
PostSubject: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 2:54 pm

I've spent the last 72 hours completely consumed by Michigan football. The other night I found out there's actually a YouTube 'app' for the Playstation 3. Ever since, I have watched about 30 of WolverineHistorian's videos on my big screen (so much better than on the laptop). I've had a dream pertaining to Michigan football each of the last four nights as well.

This morning, on my walk through downtown Chicago to work, I started thinking about Michigan football again. I was reminded of the Ufer quote I posted yesterday, in which he talks about all the great players and coaches of Meeeechigan history. At the time of Ufer's quote, Tom Harmon was the only Heisman winner the school had.

Then I started thinking about our other two Heisman winners, and the first thing that came to my mind about both Desmond and Charles was "first class men". I immediately started thinking about all the football players (CFB and NFL) that have run into some trouble over the last decade...and even further back (though not to the same extent back then....well, probably to the same extent, but the public didn't always know about it. Thanks, Twitter.)

How lucky were we as fans to have some of the finest people, let alone football players, win that coveted award for us? We don't have to make any apologies for anyone. We didn't cheat. They didn't cheat. They weren't later caught up in trouble for anything. They were and continue to be classy individuals.

That was my first thought.

Then I began thinking that, because of the nothing-but-positive career of Woodson, what does his life after football hold? He's always been a pretty quiet guy, never making a splash in the news. He's a very family-oriented guy, and does a ton of work with various charities.

Where do you see him ending up after football (which could be as early as next season)?

Do you think we see him taking a gig in television? If so, where? ESPN, NFL Network?

For selfish reasons, I would love to listen to him on a weekly basis. I just don't know if he has any interest in going that route once he retires.

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 5:30 pm

I think he would be awesome as well. Not a fan of ESPN so I would like to see him on NFL Network. Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 9:48 pm

this post is funny because I just realize I've never heard him talk at length. He might be a terrible broadcaster. He might be the best.

I have no idea where he will end up. Chances are, he'll be great at whatever it is he'll be doing.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 pm

I think this little interview shows us a sneak peak of how he could succeed as a TV personality.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm

If he ran for anything, I'd vote for him!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am

Don't forget another very classy M-football icon: Charles' NC'97 teammate Dhani Jones!!  He was classy on and off the field, had a decent (though not great) NFL career, then hosted his own TV show, which I was infatuated with; "Dhani Tackles the Globe"...remember?

Lots of people who didn't know anything about his M (or NFL) background remarked to me what a kick they got out of watching this American stud get his ass kicked in Thai Boxing classes in Bangkok, trying his hand at ballet at the Bolshoi in Moscow, or sampling Finnish food in Helsinki...LOL!!   And that show was pretty popular, helped by his articulate courtesy.

So who knows how CW would do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am

michmike wrote:
Don't forget another very classy M-football icon: Charles' NC'97 teammate Dhani Jones!!  He was classy on and off the field

100%. Another great representative of the program. Extremely intelligent. While he's not on the level of Myron Rolle from FSU, he's up there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life after football for Charles Woodson   Life after football for Charles Woodson Empty

Back to top Go down

Life after football for Charles Woodson
Page 1 of 1