Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charles Woodson's Career

Go down 
+7
wshoes
dwoody
hailtoyourvictor
Admin
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
gm_goblue1205
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

Charles Woodson's Career Empty
PostSubject: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 4:28 am

Charles Woodson did something that no DB haven't done in the NFL He became the first and only player to record 20 sacks and 50ints in a career that heisman over manning wasnt no fluke what a career he having and he will be a first ballot in canton
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:43 am

gm_goblue1205 wrote:
Charles Woodson did something that no DB haven't done in the NFL He became the first and only player to record 20 sacks and 50ints in a career that heisman over manning wasnt no fluke what a career he having and he will be a first ballot in canton

Congrats to CW. agreed that the heisman was no fluke but Manning hasn't been that bed either Very Happy

I think in the context of the award CW deserved it but they are both amazing athletes.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 am

The only active players left from the 1998 draft.

Not to take anything away from CW, but how many d-backs play 16 years? Longevity is the reason no one else has done it.

I hope is is elected to the HOF, but I wouldn't count on him being a first ballot lock.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

Charles Woodson will forever be my favorite football player of all time.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:39 am

Admin wrote:
Charles Woodson will forever be my favorite football player of all time.

Charles Woodson's Career Robinson-hands2
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:49 am

Tie!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm

It's all relative, mainly to your age and the generation you grew up in.

I suspect that many of the guys on here who grew up with Bo's teams would say AC was their favorite player.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Admin wrote:

I suspect that many of the guys on here who grew up with Bo's teams would say AC was their favorite player.

Yep, AC is my favorite but Denard is close. Loved Charles for his excellence.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 pm

wshoes wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yep, AC is my favorite but Denard is close. Loved Charles for his excellence.

Hart was my favorite until Denard. IMO Denard will be a once in a lifetime player.

On the generation topic, I hear a lot of people say that AC was the single most dynamic, exciting player they've ever seen and the best Michigan has had. I never saw him play and I understand the level of competition was different back then but I just have a hard time accepting the fact that he was more explosive that Denard. 3rd and 13 never mattered to me when Denard was in the game. Now 3rd and 2 is a nail biter.

One more thing is Denard's smile, how humble he always seems and his absolute love for Michigan.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 1:17 pm

I forgot about Desmond! Also, AC should make it a four-way tie. Remember, Bo didn't play a pass-happy offense back in the day, but AC was his go-to guy. One of my most vivid football memories is the Wangler to Carter pass v Indiana in 1981. I am sure all have seen it, but if not, youtube Ufer's call.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm

AC was tops for me.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 1:29 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
AC was tops for me.  

I can always watch youtube videos but hearing how all the "old guys" rave about him I wish I would've been able to watch AC play.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 1:59 pm

AC, Desmond Howard, and Woodson along with Buakabatuka(SP) just because I liked it when the announcer would call him Tim because they couldn't say his last name.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
AC was tops for me.  

I can always watch youtube videos but hearing how all the "old guys" rave about him I wish I would've been able to watch AC play.

Old guys? Man that hurt. I remember watching UM play, then a group of us would ride our bikes to the high school field, climb the fence and play tackle football. We would argue over who got to be AC. Great times.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Desmond, by far. I even ran into him on the golf course before thr 2003 Homecoming game. I saw him walking in my direction and realized that it was him. I instantly dropped to my knees and began praising his greatness. He smiled so bright when I did that and laughed, in retrospect it was a little forwshadowing of things to come with Denard. Denard is #2 because he wasn't just at Michigan for football (sure that's why he came to Michigan but not why he stayed). I think Hoke is using that as a recruiting tool as well. He's showing how Denard came to Michigan for Rich Clod but after the redneck was fired Denard stayed at Michigan because it was Michigan. It was, and will always be, his 2nd home. As everyone knows you would see Denard at many events, we've all seen him at hockey and bouncy-ball games on TV. I even personally saw him at a baseball game once. He IS what a true Michigan man has evolved to be. #3 on my list is a tie between John Navarre (unbelievable isn't it) and Bennie Joppru.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Huh???? You dropped to your knees?

Oh, god. No wonder he laughed. You are serious, right? I wouldn't even do that for the President.

So, how was running into Desmond for shadowing things to come with Denard? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 7:08 pm

AC for me... only saw highlights along with the few games shown a year back then... he was unbelievable and the stats he put up with a conservative offense are astounding... close is Denard, he was also amazing and luckily I saw him live 5 times and I shook my head in amazement many a time... always made sure to watch pre-game warm ups to see that smile
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Denard had as much to do with his on the field play as off the field personality. That guy is always smiling and always humble.

Oh, and he's tearing it up for my Jaguars right now. So I'm biased in that sense Smile.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 11:11 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Huh???? You dropped to your knees?

Oh, god. No wonder he laughed. You are serious, right? I wouldn't even do that for the President.

So, how was running into Desmond for shadowing things to come with Denard? I don't get it.

Desmond was special, Denard was special.  Desmond was always smiling, Denard was always smiling.  Desmond was electric, Denard was electric.    Demond has an awesome personality, Denard has an awesome personality.  Personally, I think Denard was more of all of those things and he did more simply because of the position that he played.  Desmond won a Heisman, something that Denard probably would have done had his team been better.  I always liked #21 better than #16 though so there's that.  Desmond was the original, at least for me.  Here's the weird part, I wasn't a Michigan fan when Desmond was in school, but of course I was when Denard went to Michigan.  I hated Michigan when Desmond went to school there, I guess the fact that Desmond was so impressive for a school that I hated at the time makes him stand out.

This play still gives me chills...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Woodson's Career   Charles Woodson's Career Empty

Back to top Go down

Charles Woodson's Career
Page 1 of 1