Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mason Cole thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:07 am

I am positive the kid is going to get beat a few times this year.

But I'm really hoping we re seeing the beginning of the next great left tackle at Michigan with this kid.

One thing different from him and "the others that red-shirted etc" is that he was here in the spring, learning, working, eating.

I'm not sure when it became cool to graduate early and start college in January but it sure didn't happen when I was younger.......

There is a big difference between Cole who was in Ann Arbor in January growing, working and learning under College supervision instead of being in high school eating his mom's food and working out in a high school weight room with basically no weight coach and Taylor Lewan who showed up at Michigan 2 months before the first game as a freshman. Taylor wasn't ready.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/08/mason_cole_michigan.html

Anyway, as I said, he's gonna get beat a couple times. Hopefully when he does Devin can escape the lineman.

I think the kid will end up as an All American before leaving Michigan. (Easy prediction I have no money on it! lol)

fishgoblue22

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:17 am

I'm choosing to think on the positive side. LT should be set for at least 3 years, and that is a great thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

We may only see him start this first game. Once Glasgow is back, we could see some significant changes to the OL come week 2.

MgoBlue

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

Awesome write up on him. Can't wait to see him play. App St. should be a good team for him to get his feet wet.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:57 pm

As there has been ZERO shuffling of him around the line since the spring game I kind of figured this was going to be the case. I will be watching him with interest.

- Cole was said to be one of most polished and skilled offensive line prospects on the East squad during the UA game when he only weighed 280lbs.

- Praise that he got: He is very athletic and plays with a lot of energy. Able to bend and play low, giving him the leverage advantage over most opponents, though he needs to do so more consistently. Quick out of his stance and climbs to the second level using good angles. His feet allow him to play with good balance, which helps him not overextend for defenders.

Eventually COle is going to be really good. Like Admin said, he'll most likely get beat a few times this year though. I also agree with mgoblue that the App St game should be a great place for him to get his feet wet.

MgBlog had a good writeup on our O line this year...

http://mgoblog.com/content/preview-2014-offensive-line#more

Mason Cole thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mason Cole thread   Mason Cole thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Mason Cole thread
Page 1 of 1