Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OL for week 2.

Go down 
+2
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:00 pm

Now that week one is over, and GG has served his suspension, what will the coaches do, or not do, with the OL for this week; especially when you look at who we played and who we are about to play?

The coaches have said nothing but good/great things about Jack Miller at center. I saw, and have been reading that the right side played lights out once Kalis took over at RG, so that sounds like it is solid. I know Cole was the cause of the only sack, but the coaches continue to rave about his overall play. That leaves Erik Magnuson at RT; someone I have not much about from last Saturday.

Again, this is after having played Appy State, a terrible team to try to make evaluations from, but my gut is telling me that UM leaves well enough alone....for now.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:03 pm

It will be interesting to see. Continuity is big, so the sooner we can get our best 5 set, the better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm

I think you'll see Kalis fully supplant Burzynski, and Glasgow take over for Jack Miller at center (despite all the praise Miller got after the game from Hoke).

Admin
Admin
Admin

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 pm

By the way, I was super impressed with Cole on Saturday.

The sack didn't bother me at all. The second it happened, I knew which side of the line it came from and didn't even let it bother me.

Those are going to happen. Consistent improvement from him is all we can ask for.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Admin wrote:
I think you'll see Kalis fully supplant Burzynski, and Glasgow take over for Jack Miller at center (despite all the praise Miller got after the game from Hoke).

That's what I think too. But, I think Miller is a better center than Glasgow. Maybe not as strong, he seems to be better at making the line calls. Seems to play smarter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head. Miller may be the more 'heady' center we have, and Glasgow will be the most physically-prepared center we have.

Glasgow is a monster for a center, checking in at over 300 pounds.

Miller got pushed back quite often this past Saturday (granted, App State had a 330 pound nose tackle freak machine). Once we get into B10 play, the stronger Glasgow is going to be required, IMHO.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:17 pm

size matters in this game. I expect to see GG in over Miller and I think that Kalis will most likely be taking most of the snaps at RG by mid second qtr.

GOBLUEJOE66

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:52 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
size matters in this game. I expect to see GG in over Miller and I think that Kalis will most likely be taking most of the snaps at RG by mid second qtr.

I think some/most of you know that I have not been a Kalis fan, but I did watch him Saturday and I have to admit that he looked for real. Now I did watch him fall all over his feet with no one around him, but that was once and it was not long after he came in. My thinking now is that he is in for the long haul as long as his back holds up. It's kind of hard for me to read GG over JM. One side say Miller did an awesome job making the line calls, etc. But the other side says GG is bigger and probably stronger. It's early so get the hoss in there now who gives UM the best shot for the rest of the year!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Well, one of the biggest problems last year was lack of communication amongst the linemen. If Miller is better at that, you give up the size. Molk wasn't very big either.
Back to top Go down
michmike

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:08 am

Good points, Fish---on both counts. While I've never played OL (or organized football at any level), I, like any moron, can tell you communication is uber-vital among the entire OL...and as the man in the middle, who touches the ball first on every play, the center is the key.  If Miller is better at calling the shots, keep him at C.  GLasgow can always help at guard, particularly with us down a man there with Bosch's LOA.

BUT---it's the staff's call, not mine (thank our lucky stars...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OL for week 2. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OL for week 2.   OL for week 2. Empty

Back to top Go down

OL for week 2.
Page 1 of 1