Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prediction Thread for ND

Go down 
+5
wshoes
michmike
Admin
the artist formally known
joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Prediction Thread for ND Empty
PostSubject: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:47 am

My Prediction:

PAIN!

when you give your prediction try to follow it with some comments. It's not a requirement but.......

With that said,

27-23 Michigan.

Golson (The correct way to spell it) is going to make some plays. We're not going to shut them down 100%.

The running game is only going to be mediocre to average. I think ND will try to shut that down so they can then concentrate on our passing game.

Funchess will have 2 TDs and Gardner the 3rd. Wile will have 2 FGs.

Something inside me tells me it's going to be a last drive win. Maybe not last second but we will score the last time we have the ball to win. (The caveat is if ND gets the ball back and throws hail marys until we pick one off.)

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!!

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:46 am

I believe the defense will contain their running attack. If we can keep Golston from running all over the place I believe Michigan wins 27-17. If we failed to contain the QB, I see doom. We will see what Michigan has upfront this weekend, was last week a mirage, or are the hogs upfront for real

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 pm

27-20.

Michigan.

Defensive line has its biggest game in years. Gardner struggles early, Funchess is doubled most of the game. Young receivers step up - Chesson, Darboh - and we drive for the winning score with about 3 minutes left in the game.

Defense comes onto the field to hold the lead. Notre Dame moves the ball past midfield. But a huge sack on 2nd down pushes the Irish into a long 3rd & 20+. 3rd down they pick up about half of it. On 4th down, needing just 10 yards to extend the drive, Golson spots a semi-open receiver streaking towards the endzone. Golson lofts it up...it looks glorious...the Catholics are going to win...

THEN JABRILL PEPPERS APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE AND ENDS THE GAME WITH A PICK.

Fuck Notre Dame. Go Blue.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Admin wrote:
27-20.

Michigan.

Defensive line has its biggest game in years. Gardner struggles early, Funchess is doubled most of the game. Young receivers step up - Chesson, Darboh - and we drive for the winning score with about 3 minutes left in the game.

Defense comes onto the field to hold the lead. Notre Dame moves the ball past midfield. But a huge sack on 2nd down pushes the Irish into a long 3rd & 20+. 3rd down they pick up about half of it. On 4th down, needing just 10 yards to extend the drive, Golson spots a semi-open receiver streaking towards the endzone. Golson lofts it up...it looks glorious...the Catholics are going to win...

THEN JABRILL PEPPERS APPEARS OUT OF NOWHERE AND ENDS THE GAME WITH A PICK.

Fuck Notre Dame. Go Blue.

+1

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 am

Hopefully, Admin, he won't repeat the freshman mistake of our other all-universe DB in his maiden season, 1995 (at MSU)...and go for the pick when ( at this time, same as in your scenario above) knocking it down would have done the job just as well.

Of course I refer to King Charles' muffed INT attempt on 4th down which went through his hands and into a Spartan's hands, keeping alive their winning drive...

And just as hopefully, Jabrill will be out there on the gridiron, then and earlier in the game, not on the sidelines wearing an ankle boot...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 am

Have a bad feeling about it- hope I'm wrong, I often am.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 am

wshoes wrote:

I wish it was at home. I wonder if the end of the series is in UM's head. Hold on to the friken football.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:12 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

I wish it was at home.  I wonder if the end of the series is in UM's head.  Hold on to the friken football.

Well, I just hope that ND/OSU game scheduled motivates our team. Dropping UM & then setting up OSU is like saying Michigan isn't good enough. I hope that pisses off the team so much they want to steam roll Notre Lame. AND, I hope Hoke is using that as a motivational tool. If not, he NEEDS to before tomorrows game.

After saying all that, I'll predict UM 28- ND 24.

And, to h*ll with Notre Dame.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:42 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

I wish it was at home.  I wonder if the end of the series is in UM's head.  Hold on to the friken football.

Well, I just hope that ND/OSU game scheduled motivates our team. Dropping UM & then setting up OSU is like saying Michigan isn't good enough. I hope that pisses off the team so much they want to steam roll Notre Lame. AND, I hope Hoke is using that as a motivational tool. If not, he NEEDS to before tomorrows game.

After saying all that, I'll predict UM 28- ND 24.

And, to h*ll with Notre Dame.

GO BLUE!

I agree 100% that Hoke should use this as a motivational point in his pregame speech to the team.

I wonder if there is any audio of Bo saying "to hell with Notre Dame." If so then I'd play that too. Very Happy Very Happy

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 9:42 pm

This one, to me, comes down to special teams, the OL and DG.

I think the def will take are of their business. Not saying the will completely shut down ND. I'm not sure you can really shut him down.

I have a gut feeling the our special teams is going to break out of their funk. Someone is going to break a punt return or KO return for a TD...maybe even one of each.

Based on the vanilla def that Appy State used last week I don't feel that the OL has been tested. For me it's hard to really get a feel if the OL is really that much better than last year. Not being sure about the OL also leads me to ask which DG are we going to see this week. Will be see the ND of last year, or the OSU last year? Or, will be see the MSU of last year, or the Iowa of last year?

To me, the BIG difference maker for this team is Coach Nussmeier. I feel he is unlike Borg-ass in that he has a better feel for how the team is doing AND has the ability to make the adjustments that are needed, when they are needed. I don't feel he will wait until the 4th quarter to figure out that we need to throw short routes, or make blocking adjustments.

UM 28
ND 14

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:15 am

I see the spread is -3.5 now.

joe

PostSubject: Basically   Prediction Thread for ND EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:05 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

makes it a toss up since ND is home.

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:30 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:

UM 28
ND 14

Ahhh....a score of lovely memory for this old fart, GBJ66!!!

My prediction is attached to the "Irish Envy" thread. M 20 ND 17. We rarely dominate them at SB, 2006 being the exception.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:04 am

joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

makes it a toss up since ND is home.

exact same thing my brother-in-law said to me.

heard an interesting stat on GameDay this morning. in the last 5 games at ND, Michigan has turned the ball over 16 times (6 in 2012).

keep the TOs down and UM will ride the buses home with a W in their pockets.

PostSubject: Re: Prediction Thread for ND   Prediction Thread for ND Empty

Back to top Go down

Prediction Thread for ND
Page 1 of 1