Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

re Harbaugh

Go down 
+6
MGOBLUEBC
sandyeggo_blue
GOBLUEJOE66
MgoBlue
umichfaninpa
BOLEACH7
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 pm

First off I don't for one minute want to see my Meechigan Wolverines continue losing just so Brady can get fired.... that said I am not happy at all with the disgraceful performance last night... and that has been evident for the previous two years.... now everyone says why would Jimbo come back to college.... it was evident back in 84 - 86 that he had an ego to equal BO.... BO was a god to Jimbo.... so much so that he never uttered his remarks on the classes some players took at M until BO passed away.... the top donors such as Stephen Ross and other so called power prokers need to tell Brandon to throw whatever is necessary at JH.... set it out that he has to rebuild Meechigan just like BO.... clear out the deadwood and build it in his image which is BO redux..... this program seriously needs a new attitude.... we need toughness from the top to the bottom.... we do not need a cheerleader as a figure head ... play the legacy card " Jim you will be up there with Yost and BO, they will make a statue of you when you are done here "
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:20 pm

I don't want to see this team either, that being said I am with you.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:28 pm

Not going to happen. Neither is Les. Who else you got?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:32 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
First off I don't for one minute want to see my Meechigan Wolverines continue losing just so Brady can get fired.... that said I am not happy at all with the disgraceful performance last night... and that has been evident for the previous two years.... now everyone says why would Jimbo come back to college.... it was evident back in 84 - 86 that he had an ego to equal BO.... BO was a god to Jimbo.... so much so that he never uttered his remarks on the classes some players took at M until BO passed away.... the top donors such as Stephen Ross and other so called power prokers need to tell Brandon to throw whatever is necessary at JH.... set it out that he has to rebuild Meechigan just like BO.... clear out the deadwood and build it in his image which is BO redux..... this program seriously needs a new attitude.... we need toughness from the top to the bottom.... we do not need a cheerleader as a figure head ... play the legacy card " Jim you will be up there with Yost and BO, they will make a statue of you when you are done here "

First off I don't for one minute want to see my Meechigan Wolverines continue losing just so Brady can get fired.... that said I am not happy at all with the disgraceful performance last night... and that has been evident for the previous two years

Let me agree with you BO by stating this....I will continue to support the young men....end of conversation.

Go Blue!!  Smile
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Not going to happen.  Neither is Les.  Who else you got?

Well then we as fans are in for sad times ahead.... GO BLUE
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:55 pm

you know JH either watched or was keeping an eye on that game. You know he is waiting to be contacted about the job. he knows it inevitable. he knows it's coming. too bad he's not gonna leave.

MGOBLUEBC

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:58 pm

I agree with Blue, not going to happen. I think Jim burnt his bridges to Michigan. Now, on the other hand, there is his brother John......I would be in favor of that. I've read somewhere that he actually would consider it, also. Don't remember where I read that. I would open the cash register to get him.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Jim is not happy in SF- my guess is that he will take a new job somewhere.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:17 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I agree with Blue, not going to happen. I think Jim burnt his bridges to Michigan. Now, on the other hand, there is his brother John......I would be in favor of that. I've read somewhere that he actually would consider it, also. Don't remember where I read that. I would open the cash register to get him.

i don't think he burnt his bridges. I know what he said was hard to hear for the fans but they would take him as a coach in a heartbeat and celebrate the hire. especially after the train wreck last night.

MGOBLUEBC

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:32 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

i don't think  he burnt his bridges. I know what he said was hard to hear for the fans but they would take him as a coach in a heartbeat and celebrate the hire. especially after the train wreck last night.

I was just going by what I read somewhere....that the regents, prez, or whoever up the chain wasn't to happy with what  JH said about the University and that he wouldn't be considered for HC. Long time ago, I have forgotten where I had even read that, but, that stuck in my mind.

I agree though( me included), fans would take him in a heartbeat. Now, whether he would work under Brandon would be the next question, IMO.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Mary Sue is gone now- If he wanted to come, I think it would happen.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:56 pm

'shoes wrote:

Why? How many coaches leave the NFL and go back to college when they are successful in the NFL? Why give up an offseason to go recruit year round? Why deal with the NCAA? Why deal with boosters? Why deal with player issues when a contract does that for you? Why leave the NFL without a Super Bowl ring? Cowher, Chucky and the Harbaughs aint coming folks.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:03 pm

blu4vr wrote:
'shoes wrote:

Why?  How many coaches leave the NFL and go back to college when they are successful in the NFL?  Why give up an offseason to go recruit year round?  Why deal with the NCAA?  Why deal with boosters? Why deal with player issues when a contract does that for you?  Why leave the NFL without a Super Bowl ring?  Cowher, Chucky and the Harbaughs aint coming folks.

Not saying I think it is likely just that it is not delusional thinking. He is not happy with management in SF and continues to refuse to sign a new contract. Maybe they will work it out, maybe they won't. If they don't it depends on what his options are, Michigan could be a pretty attractive one. Does he want to sit out a year or does he see another attractive NFL option?

Lots of ifs but it is not a crazy thought.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:07 pm

And how many other NFL teams will open the checkbook to get him? Jerry Jones will. Look at the coaching carousel that goes on in the NFL. Fired by one team, coaching another next year.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:17 pm

We shall see. Again I am not saying it will happen. I'd be happy with John Harbaugh too.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Same thing with John. Why leave the NFL and deal with all the extra work and player issues?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:44 pm

blu4vr wrote:
'shoes wrote:

Why?  How many coaches leave the NFL and go back to college when they are successful in the NFL?  Why give up an offseason to go recruit year round?  Why deal with the NCAA?  Why deal with boosters? Why deal with player issues when a contract does that for you?  Why leave the NFL without a Super Bowl ring?  Cowher, Chucky and the Harbaughs aint coming folks.

I think why can be answered fairly easily. JH has an ego. it's a significant part of the formula for any person that is as good at the things he is. UM knows this too. They can use that as a tool to get him at UM. They can sell to JH (easily IMO) that he can be the next BO. what guy would not want the chance to be an icon and what guy would not want the chance to be seen as his icon's equal?

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:13 pm

This is absurd. I am going to start a Santa Clause will be the next coach. We have just as good of a chance to get him which is zero. Jim has turned an awful Niners team around and turned them into a perennial SB contender. He is not going anywhere.

Oh by the way the Niners are up on Dallas in Dallas 28-3. Yea their going to run him out of town.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:26 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
This is absurd.  I am going to start a Santa Clause will be the next coach.  We have just as good of a chance to get him which is zero.  Jim has turned an awful Niners team around and turned them into a perennial SB contender.  He is not going anywhere.

Oh by the way the Niners are up on Dallas in Dallas 28-3.  Yea their going to run him out of town.

The contract thing has to make you think.

also there is this that came out this morning

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/09/07/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-locker-room

sandyeggo_blue

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:29 pm

this came out today... 2 games into the season and it has begun. bummer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/07/harbaugh-watch-begins-in-ann-arbor/

BOLEACH7

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Jimbo and management do not see eye to eye, and even he is not stupid enough to go work for Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones.... the idea that he will absolutely never come back to college is ludicrous, it is not like he in his late fifties and has been in the pros for 15 years.... don't for a minute think that " hey Jim you will have a statue right next to BO not at least have him think
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 pm

As regards to JH burning his bridges angle and the dui as reasons he can not be brought back.... don't kid yourself, if crowds dip below 100,000 and the cash cow that pays for the entire sports department suddenly starts drying up they will walk to San Fran to get him
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:14 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
As regards to JH  burning his bridges angle and the dui as reasons he can not be brought back.... don't kid yourself, if crowds dip below 100,000 and the cash cow that pays for the entire sports department suddenly starts drying up they will walk to San Fran to get him

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:56 pm

I think a contract offer in the range of $7.5-10 million brings him back, or at least gets him seriously thinking about it.

And those numbers really aren't all that absurd.

Saban is making $6.9M a year, with performance bonuses of as high as another $700k on the table. So, in a national championship year, he's making $7.6M.  

How bad does Michigan want to win?

With a $40M (I think) surplus in 2013 for the Michigan athletic department (which includes after paying Hoke's salary of around $2M or so)...there's definitely some cash available to make that kind of an offer.

I still prefer offering John Gruden a one-time payment of $50,000,000 to come lead the program.

blu4vr

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm

You need to do stand up Admin. You had me rolling with this post.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:00 pm

blu4vr wrote:
You need to do stand up Admin.  You had me rolling with this post.

I do perform stand up comedy....in the shower, alone, with the shampoo and conditioner as my audience.

Sadly, I get no laughs.

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 am

Guys wish as you may, but Jim Harbaugh is NEVER coming here , if he left SF49ers he would be snatched up by another NFL team quickly ! The best chance for us to get a Harbaugh is his brother and I'd take that, I think he did a good job with the Ravens and we should have went after him instead of Brady to begin with.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:44 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Guys wish as you may, but Jim Harbaugh is NEVER coming here , if he left SF49ers he would be snatched up by another NFL team quickly ! The best chance for us to get a Harbaugh is his brother and I'd take that, I think he did a good job with the Ravens and we should have went after him instead of Brady to begin with.

Just do not agree that there is no chance. It depends on what other NFL options there are and considerations of the owner/city/talent combo.

I put it as a medium long shot possibility, but still a possibility.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am

Would UM fork out enough dough to lure him back to AA I think is the bigger question? Competing against NFL teams is going to be tough and I would assume JH could just about name his price.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:01 am

That is a big question- but if the concern is that it is getting harder and harder to sell tickets (and it is), the economic justification gets a lot easier. We are paying Brady more than twice as much as anyone else would pay him (considering he would have walked to Ann Arbor)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

re   Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: re Harbaugh   re   Harbaugh Empty

Back to top Go down

re Harbaugh
Page 1 of 1