Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marcus Ray

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Saturday was his debut in the booth and I thought he did a really good job.

I thought he did a really good job dissecting the offenses, defenses and plays.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/20140911/marcus-ray-wont-let-maize-and-blue-color-his-view-in-big-ten-network-booth

Admin
Admin

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Thought he did very well for his first time. Basically one of his first times ever...I think he has called a couple HS games on the radio or something.

Areas to improve one, for sure, such as his cues on when he should and shouldn't provide color. An instance or two of some dead air in which the play-by-play was waiting for him to provide some commentary.

It was just nice listening to him. I like him a lot.

jjabilene

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:54 pm

I was surprised to see him there at the start of the broadcast. I thought he did fine. I hope he makes it as an announcer. The bar isn't real high at the Big Ten Network, so that's certainly a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Braylon Edwards, on the other hand, not so great when they brought him into the booth for a few minutes.

Super quiet, could barely hear him.

jjabilene

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Braylon Edwards, on the other hand, not so great when they brought him into the booth for a few minutes.

Yeah, he seemed really nervous. He said he wanted to do what they were doing for a living, and I thought, you better learn how to relax and be more natural.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:59 pm

jjabilene wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yeah, he seemed really nervous. He said he wanted to do what they were doing for a living, and I thought, you better learn how to relax and be more natural.

Exactly. And I just don't understand why the guys in the horse trailer didn't turn up his mic. He actually had some great perspective after one play, when he was talking about what a receiver was supposed to be doing (I think), but you could hardly hear him.

joe

joe

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 pm

He spent too much time trying to goof with Marcus instead of analyzing imho

fishgoblue22

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 am

joe wrote:
He spent too much time trying to goof with Marcus instead of analyzing imho

He wasn't in ther eto analyze. He was a guest interview.

Speaking of Ray, at the beginning of the game/pre-game, the Maryland/WVU game was still going on BTN, but I was able to switch it over to BTN-Alternate channel 610-1 on DirecTv. Anyway, they didn't know they were on the air, and Ray and his partner were heard talking about the Maryland/WVU game. When it was heading into OT you could hear Ray say "well, I guess you won't have to worry about all the pre-game stuff".

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 am

[quote="fishgoblue22"]
joe wrote:

Speaking of Ray, at the beginning of the game/pre-game, the Maryland/WVU game was still going on BTN, but I was able to switch it over to BTN-Alternate channel 610-1 on DirecTv.  Anyway, they didn't know they were on the air, and Ray and his partner were heard talking about the Maryland/WVU game.  When it was heading into OT you could hear Ray say "well, I guess you won't have to worry about all the pre-game stuff".  

I thought that was funny. You could even hear the other guy, Eric Collins, make a comment about the B10 about to lose another game. I sat there for five minutes or so just listening and wondering "does no one at this network realize we're hearing all this?". I was just waiting for someone to drop an f-bomb or something. Never happened though.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 am

Admin wrote:
I thought that was funny. You could even hear the other guy, Eric Collins, make a comment about the B10 about to lose another game. I sat there for five minutes or so just listening and wondering "does no one at this network realize we're hearing all this?". I was just waiting for someone to drop an f-bomb or something. Never happened though.

Yeah, it was great TV.  Also, someone asked Ray about not rooting for UM during his first game, or something like that, I missed part of it.  He said "I'm 100% GO BLUE, but I have a job to do" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marcus Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marcus Ray   Marcus Ray Empty

Back to top Go down

Marcus Ray
Page 1 of 1