Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
MgoBlue
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon Empty
PostSubject: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:29 am

Give this puppy a read....

http://gregghenson.com/ex-michigan-players-want-dave-brandon-out-as-the-michigan-ad/

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 am

At the risk of sounding like a DB apologist, I am very, very skeptical. Former player or not how would he know what was discussed between Miles and DB??? There may have been others present but I'm guessing it is less than 4. I Think if you are writing an email that you want taken seriously you refrain from terms like prick.

I am skeptical about this Henson guy. This is a great way to get your name out the deans get clicks for your sit. There is a lot of incentive for him to do this. He seems like he is using some information that is public and adding to it. Between that and the fact that most fans want Brandon's head on a platter it seems really believable.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:24 am

MgoBlue wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a DB apologist, I am very, very skeptical.  Former player or not how would he know what was discussed between Miles and DB???  There may have been others present but I'm guessing it is less than 4.  I Think if you are writing an email that you want taken seriously you refrain from terms like prick.  

I am skeptical about this Henson guy.  This is a great way to get your name out the deans get clicks for your sit. There is a lot of incentive for him to do this.  He seems like he is using some information that is public and adding to it.  Between that and the fact that most fans want Brandon's head on a platter it seems really believable.

Seems like pot stirring.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:49 am

Man all of Hades just busting loose
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 12:07 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
...Former player or not how would he know what was discussed between Miles and DB???  ...

I went back and read through the last chapter of 3 and Out book it definitely talks about Brandon trying to line up a coach after the RR firing. It was Jim Harbaugh first, then John Harbaugh, then Pat Fitzgerald. That's it.

According to RichRod, whom IMO you have to believe at this point given the class he showed during his departure, he asked Brandon in December if he had someone lined up, Brandon said he would hire Les Miles, 'Over my dead body." Brandon denies this.

So you've got both Bacon and RichRod saying that Brandon says there is no way Miles was getting the job.

Regarding what was said at the meeting at the airport between Miles and Brandon, I kind of recall reading that they met and talked but that no offer was extended. I don't recall ever hearing that Brandon told Miles he would cost too much. So I'm not sure if that leaked from Miles or someone else that was there or if this is made up. At this point I wouldn't put it past Brandon though. The thing that gets me is that UM definitely offered Jim Harbaugh $5Mil per year when he turned them down to coach at San Fran. If you're gonna offer one guy that much then there is no way in the world Miles would have cost them too much.

By the way, in the last chapter of the book, Bacon reports that a "well placed source" says that during his last two years at Stanford, the only thing Jim could talk about was becoming Michigan's next head coach. Brandon really F-ed that up didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:39 pm

This story has now been confirmed by John U. Bacon, in regards to the petition.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:22 pm

any idea who the player/captain is?

would be interesting to see this list.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
any idea who the player/captain is?

would be interesting to see this list.

Greg Henson, the guy who wrote it, won't reveal any sources despite being hounded on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:36 pm

I want to know who the players are
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:33 pm

gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Well, according to the article, more than 450 former players have signed it.

So, essentially name anybody you can think of and they've probably signed it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Admin wrote:
This story has now been confirmed by John U. Bacon, in regards to the petition.

if Bacon says it is so..... then it is so!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Admin wrote:
gm_goblue1205 wrote:

Well, according to the article, more than 450 former players have signed it.

So, essentially name anybody you can think of and they've probably signed it.

after listening to his outspoken point of view the last two weeks I'd bet Deirdorf is on there. Pretty safe bet that Hawthorne and Michael Taylor are on their also Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:41 pm

I can't see some players backing this. Tom Brady was just on campus not too long ago giving his full support. Can't see Charles Woodson, Jake Long, Chad Henne, and good character guys signing a petition that calls the AD a prick and likens him to Hitler.

I don't care what Brandon has done, there are better ways to approach business than this. This, if anything, brings sympathy for Brandon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:44 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
I can't see some players backing this.  Tom Brady was just on campus not too long ago giving his full support.  Can't see Charles Woodson, Jake Long, Chad Henne, and good character guys signing a petition that calls the AD a prick and likens him to Hitler.  

I don't care what Brandon has done, there are better ways to approach business than this.  This, if anything, brings sympathy for Brandon.

I should clarify, the 'letter' that is outlined in that guy's post is not the actual petition. Those were direct comments from the specific former player/source who told him about the petition.

Players are by no means signing a petition that likens DB to Hitler, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Admin wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
I can't see some players backing this.  Tom Brady was just on campus not too long ago giving his full support.  Can't see Charles Woodson, Jake Long, Chad Henne, and good character guys signing a petition that calls the AD a prick and likens him to Hitler.  

I don't care what Brandon has done, there are better ways to approach business than this.  This, if anything, brings sympathy for Brandon.

I should clarify, the 'letter' that is outlined in that guy's post is not the actual petition. Those were direct comments from the specific former player/source who told him about the petition.

Players are by no means signing a petition that likens DB to Hitler, etc etc.

Gotcha…part of that was my mistake for not realizing that wasn't necessarily the petition (duh.) lol

Anyway, I think the player who organized this petition should get some balls and reveal himself at least. He obviously has 450 guys backing him or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
blueest

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Rick Leach is most likely Henson's source. When Gregg Henson was the program director at Detroit's first all sports radio station, WDFN, Leach was a frequent fill in co-host on various shows. Several times he and Henson hosted shows together.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:04 pm

blueest wrote:
Rick Leach is most likely Henson's source. When Gregg Henson was the program director at Detroit's first all sports radio station, WDFN, Leach was a frequent fill in co-host on various shows. Several times he and Henson hosted shows together.

Wasn't Rick Leach upset about the way many alums treated Rich Rod? If I recall he was annoyed how Brandon treated Rich Rod too, at least how Brandon handled firing him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:16 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
...Wasn't Rick Leach upset about the way many alums treated Rich Rod?  If I recall he was annoyed how Brandon treated Rich Rod too, at least how Brandon handled firing him... 

yes I believe you are correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon   Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon Empty

Back to top Go down

Source: Petition of 450 former UM players for the ousting of Dave Brandon
Page 1 of 1