Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan

Go down 
+4
sandyeggo_blue
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
gm_goblue1205
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan Empty
PostSubject: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Guys here's the question what offense would you like the next HC to run at michigan
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Whatever wins games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:09 pm

1 that scores

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 pm

this a  no brainer....

every kid in the cupboard was recruited to play pro. Problem is Hoke and staff have done a piss poor job coaching them up.

square peg round hole always = disaster (see threet and sheridan circa 2008)

No gimics, no Rich Rod spread. Bring in a pro style coach and coach them up right. They already all fit the mold.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 12:53 am

If you want a complete pro-style coach, currently in the college game, there's only David Shaw...a guy who is currently coaching with high success at his alma mater.

The more and more I think about this, as much as I want Jim Harbaugh, I don't think it's going to happen.

That all being said, I would love to have a pro style offense. Hell, I always wanted Alabama's offense over the lat 5+ years. I was so excited about Nuss. And perhaps this season's struggles have nothing to do with Nuss. We all know the issues with the OL, which severely hinders any chance at running a successful pro style.

Our quarterback situation is just that, a situation. And it doesn't look any better for the next couple of years. (What a bummer too, man, when you think about it. As much as we've always dogged most of our quarterbacks, we've been blessed with great ones throughout the history of the program. Hell, I bet anyone would take John Navarre right now.)

Anyway...pro style if possible, but like others have said, just give me an offense that will score (Mark Helfrich anybody?).

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:52 am

What is "pro" any more? Many of the most successful recent pro teams have incorporated zone blocking, spread elements, and in some cases mobile QBs. I want an effective offense, I don't care how they do it.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:54 am

Furthermore our move toward tall receivers who struggle to get separation and big running backs who can't seem to find a hole even on the rare occasion when there is one, doesn't seem like a good trend to me.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:57 am

They just need to hire a coach who is adaptable. I think Hoke is obviously an inflexible guy who's stuck 20 years in the past. When they hired Beilein to coach BB he had a reputation as a guy married to a gimmick offense, but I've found him to be incredibly adaptable and willing to adjust his system to the players he's had. They need a football version of that.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 am

jjabilene wrote:
They just need to hire a coach who is adaptable. I think Hoke is obviously an inflexible guy who's stuck 20 years in the past. When they hired Beilein to coach BB he had a reputation as a guy married to a gimmick offense, but I've found him to be incredibly adaptable and willing to adjust his system to the players he's had. They need a football version of that.

Agree, ditto for me.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

Regarding offense, the game that sticks out in my mind the most is the 2008 Capitol One Bowl game.

At first glance you look at the final score of 41-35 and you ask what was so special about that offense that would make you want to see an offense like that again at Michigan. Dig a bit further into the game and you'll see what I mean.

In the 2007 season Michigan averaged 32 Pass Att and 42 Rush Att through the first 12 games. In the bowl game Michigan passed the ball 39 times and ran it 47. Now you're saying so what, they ran 12 more plays than average, big deal. The big deal is that Henne averaged 130 yards passing per game through the first 12 games but in the bowl game Henne threw for 373 yards. I can't find the stat for time per play but it's pretty clear when you watch the game that Henne ran a much more hurried offense than Michigan ran all year. That kept Florida on their toes and when you couple that with the pass play book being open for Henne it's a recipe for the exciting offense that I want to see.

Mike Hart was Mike Hart (sort of). Mike rushed for 129 yards and 2TDs. But he also had TWO fumbles in the game, one on the Florida 4yd line and the other in the Florida end zone. If Mike doesn't fumble, the score probably goes to 55-35 given the way Michigan was moving the ball at will.

This was all against the Florida defense that finished 14th in the nation overall and averaged 24 points allowed per game.

I walked away from that game happy because my team just beat Florida in their own back yard. My brother-in-law and I were absolutely surrounded by Florida blue and orange so the win was sweet. It was bittersweet later that night at the bar when talking to other UM fans about the offense and wondering why we didn't see that from the team the last few years. All of the pieces were basically in place the entire time, yet we got boring old Carr ball.

I guess that's the pro style I want to see.

PostSubject: Re: what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan   what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

what offense would you like to see for the next HC at michigan
Page 1 of 1