Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What the hell have we done?

Go down 
+2
BOLEACH7
MgoBlue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

What the hell have we done? Empty
PostSubject: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:12 pm

What is with our Michigan man culture??? Was Saban in the Bear Bryant coaching tree? Some how there is a culture at Michigan that we are better than everyone else and you have to be from here to be accepted here. Rich Rod wasn't allowed in the club. Hoke was. People here want to talk replacements for Hoke and quickly list Harbaugh's and Les Miles even when they seem highly unlikely to come. We as fans I believe are partially to blame. We are. We loved Bo and he still lives on in our folk lore. He's the one that created the Michigan man even though he wasn't one at first.

Ohio State doesn't require coaches to be in the Woody Hayes coaching fraternity. Seems like they do alright. But, we're Michigan. We're better. If you aren't a student of Bo, you're shit. Yet here we are tied for worst in the conference and our Michigan men at the helm. Not the way we planned it.

The Michigan man standard needs to die. No was a great man but his shadow seems to be too great for coaches to shine on their own. If Bo were alive he wouldn't be happy with this team. Can't tackle. Their not tough. Lack discipline. If Bo were alive he would want what's best for Michigan. What we want? Another Michigan man. Les, Jim and John right? One person has mentioned to dig up Bo. I know it was in jest, yet I think it shows the bigger issue of the mentality of our fan base. Michigan man or bust.

We have to stop living in the past. We have tried the Michigan man way and it has brought us to this point. That is not to say Jim, John or Les wouldn't work here. It is to say that they should not be our only option. I think the other point I am trying to make is that we all need to move on. We shouldn't forget Bo but he should not be our measuring stick. I am a fan of Dallas in the NFL and the Yankees in baseball. I guess both teams have a pretty good history. Yet I never compare the current coaches to Tom Landry or Joe Torre. I don't require they find a coach that has been under their tutilidge or run to the nearest forum or Twitter and bitch about the hire. Yet it happens all the time with Michigan football.

It's time gents. Time to move on. Time to start the next chapter of Michigan football. Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:15 pm

first off when Bo said a " Michigan Man " it had nothing to do with someone that has been at Michigan coaching or playing previously .... the fans and media have made it something it wasn't .... don't blame BO ....
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:17 pm

btw our Yankees look like they will suck for a while .... as for our Cowboys until Dave Brandon stops thinking he is a GM we will never win the Super Bowl again .... sports is tough these days LOL
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 2:42 pm

You bring up a good point about the whole Michigan man thing. It wants Bo's intent but now it's all we hear about. It has gotten out of control.

Obviously you meant Jerry Jones and not David Brandon. I agree though. Jerry has ruined the team. I think the Yankees will be fine though.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 3:31 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
What is with our Michigan man culture???  Was Saban in the Bear Bryant coaching tree?  Some how there is a culture at Michigan that we are better than everyone else and you have to be from here to be accepted here.  Rich Rod wasn't allowed in the club.  Hoke was.  People here want to talk replacements for Hoke and quickly list Harbaugh's and Les Miles even when they seem highly unlikely to come.  We as fans I believe are partially to blame.  We are.  We loved Bo and he still lives on in our folk lore.  He's the one that created the Michigan man even though he wasn't one at first.

Ohio State doesn't require coaches to be in the Woody Hayes coaching fraternity.  Seems like they do alright.  But, we're Michigan.  We're better.  If you aren't a student of Bo, you're shit.  Yet here we are tied for worst in the conference and our Michigan men at the helm.  Not the way we planned it.

The Michigan man standard needs to die.  No was a great man but his shadow seems to be too great for coaches to shine on their own.  If Bo were alive he wouldn't be happy with this team.  Can't tackle.  Their not tough.  Lack discipline.  If Bo were alive he would want what's best for Michigan.  What we want?  Another Michigan man.  Les, Jim and John right?  One person has mentioned to dig up Bo.  I know it was in jest, yet I think it shows the bigger issue of the mentality of our fan base.  Michigan man or bust.

We have to stop living in the past.  We have tried the Michigan man way and it has brought us to this point.  That is not to say Jim, John or Les wouldn't work here.  It is to say that they should not be our only option.  I think the other point I am trying to make is that we all need to move on.  We shouldn't forget Bo but he should not be our measuring stick.  I am a fan of Dallas in the NFL and the Yankees in baseball.  I guess both teams have a pretty good history.  Yet I never compare the current coaches to Tom Landry or Joe Torre.  I don't require they find a coach that has been under their tutilidge or run to the nearest forum or Twitter and bitch about the hire.  Yet it happens all the time with Michigan football.

It's time gents.  Time to move on.  Time to start the next chapter of Michigan football.  Go Blue!

Extremely well stated Mgo! I stated some time ago that the UM football team does NOT need a Michigan man!! The team needs a COACH that instills discipline and knows how get the assistance who can teach all phases of the game of football to a bunch of 18-22 year olds. Of course the staff needs to recruit, but the discipline and the teaching leads to wins, which leads to top level recruits coming to AA. I have been mentioning JH, JH and Les as well as Sumlin, Montgomery at Stanford, and am now thinking Briles at Baylor might work. I am not one stuck on using a certain type of offense. I am not suggesting we switch to the Oregon style, but I do not believe that the slooooooow offense used by the current staff is the answer either.

One last point. For UM to "move on", the AD has to go first, and this evening is soon enough!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 pm

I think Bo's tirate was over a coach that had already took another job. He then was not going to coach his team because he no longer was at Michigan. There fore he wanted some qho was at Michigan coaching Michigan so Fisher coached instead of Johnny. It was about some that had been at Michigan as much as it was about being at Michigan..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:45 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I think Bo's tirate was over a coach that had already took another job. He then was not going to coach his team because he no longer was at Michigan. There fore he wanted some qho was at Michigan coaching Michigan so Fisher coached instead of Johnny. It was about some that had been at Michigan as much as it was about being at Michigan..

Johnny was already at Iowa State. Bill left for Arizona State. But your point is still right on.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:43 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
btw our Yankees look like they will suck for a while .... as for our Cowboys until Dave Brandon stops thinking he is a GM we will never win the Super Bowl again .... sports is tough these days LOL

It's been a depressing week, but one thing keeps me excited about sports....

What the hell have we done? Mag_beilein_port_576

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Right fish Bill Frieder, his name escape this old mind of mine, anyway that is what Bo was saying some how it got to mean we need a man affiliated with Michigan which is not what Bo was getting at..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell have we done?   What the hell have we done? Empty

Back to top Go down

What the hell have we done?
Page 1 of 1